Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
oemtech
17 Scat Pack/08 Corvette

Drives: 6.4L Hemi Scat Pack- 6.2L Corvette
Front Seal

Last edited by oemtech; 01-23-2018 at 08:50 AM.
oemtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Just a heads up guys... Keep an eye on your timing cover seal. They have a tendency to seep and/or leak and according to my SA GM doesn't fix "SEEPAGE". After a while it collects to the point you get the BURNT OIL smell in your garage and HVAC.

My thread is HERE.

Another thread is HERE.
I think this may be a problem I am having now. I thought the oil smell was from the catch cans but now I am thinking this might be the problem.

I hope my dealer will cover this without me swapping all my mods off... I do have a good relationship with them so I hope that helps. Anybody else having this issue?

What do you think by looking at these pics? I might clean it up and see if it comes back.

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
I think this may be a problem I am having now. I thought the oil smell was from the catch cans but now I am thinking this might be the problem.

I hope my dealer will cover this without me swapping all my mods off... I do have a good relationship with them so I hope that helps. Anybody else having this issue?

What do you think by looking at these pics? I might clean it up and see if it comes back.

My ATS looks much worse. I've brought it to the dealer's attention 3 times now, they dye tested twice, and refused repair all 3 times saying that 'seepage' is a normal condition on these motors.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
My ATS looks much worse. I've brought it to the dealer's attention 3 times now, they dye tested twice, and refused repair all 3 times saying that 'seepage' is a normal condition on these motors.
Damn eh! I was reading the links to the other threads at the top and seems to be very common. From what I briefly read seems like half of the dealers would do something about it and other won't. Showed my maintenance guy at work he was shocked such a new car would show signs of seepage. He worked at dealerships for years so obviously something note worthy. I'm going to keep an eye on it now that I cleaned the area up.

If there is one positive it's that my garage smells like a legit garage now.

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Old 05-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #5
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Damn eh! I was reading the links to the other threads at the top and seems to be very common. From what I briefly read seems like half of the dealers would do something about it and other won't. Showed my maintenance guy at work he was shocked such a new car would show signs of seepage. He worked at dealerships for years so obviously something note worthy. I'm going to keep an eye on it now that I cleaned the area up.

If there is one positive it's that my garage smells like a legit garage now.
You got that intercooler installed? I see it in your sig.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
You got that intercooler installed? I see it in your sig.
Yes sir! she is in there now

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 05-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #7
Adp2017

Quote:
If and when you get it fixed.... don't forget to change the CABIN AIR FILTER. Even after I had the seal replaced and I degreased the engine I could still smell burnt oil. It took me about a week to figure out the the cabin air filter was the culprit. Once changed all is good.
good call! thanks

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 05-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #8
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Quote:
Yes sir! she is in there now
So how was the install?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #9
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:

Mine looks exactly the same...maybe *slightly less, but it's there, shitty...
I'm going to schedule it in for an appointment, they can check the rear end while they're at it; it's still making some noise after flushing (although less, it's still quite noticable)
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:54 AM   #10
Nate...

Drives: 2016 Camaro LTG
Quote:
OBTW - My wife complained about the degreaser smell.. So, after I rinse it off I used my Harbor Freight blow gun to get the water off the engine I resprayed it with Wal Mart Great Value carpet cleaner. Does do anything to clean but it does have nice smell and only lasts a day or so. lol
LOL. Nice solution! That's awesome. Makes sense that it was the cabin air filter but I wouldn't have though of that right away.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #11
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
So how was the install?
Not bad at all. Just time consuming. Took me about 5 hours total time to complete. I will post about it on here when I can.

ZZP did not ship me the T-clamps so I just have the worm gear on there right now which pops the throttle body silicon pc off under high boost.

They did send me replacement parts in the mail which should arrive today so hopefully I can get a post on here soon/

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 05-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #12
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Quote:
Not bad at all. Just time consuming. Took me about 5 hours total time to complete. I will post about it on here when I can.

ZZP did not ship me the T-clamps so I just have the worm gear on there right now which pops the throttle body silicon pc off under high boost.

They did send me replacement parts in the mail which should arrive today so hopefully I can get a post on here soon/
Thanks, look forward to your experience.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #13
Adp2017

Quote:
Are you chitting me... No T-Bolt clamps... What a bunch of cheap bastards considering the cost of the kit. I mean like $3 a pop retail. They are not making any points with me.
Yeah so the t-clamps were supposed to come with the product. They were on the list on components. I should have done my due diligence before tearing into the project but they are the last things to go on. So Sunday night at 7pm luckily the local Crappy Tire was open and I just got the cheap clamps for the time being.

I also was talking with another member on here that bought the same package to see if he received the clamps... he did not....

ZZP did own up to it and sent me the clamps express on their dime. I have them being delivered this afternoon so I can install them before my ride to the cottage tonight!

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 05-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #14
Adp2017

Quote:
You think maybe they read these forums.... Good Customer Service will sell better and cheaper than any advertisement or some sales folks. Ask me... Been there.
couldn't agree more!

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq