Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-31-2019, 02:46 PM   #29
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Ordered some new stuff. New backing plate for my GG6, and bought a very low priced long throw from China, that people are starting to test, and some are saying is close to the Boss G15 and Rupes(person that said it says they have had them) and has strong stall resistance(second to buy it) Hopefully be here next week.
Reference if anyone else is interested.
https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-d...a-premium.html

On another note, it seems CG Extreme body wash and wax really sticks to Meguiar's HCW, it sheets Kore than beads it's harder to dry with forced air. After a strong rain it looked like typical HCW again. I want to try citrus clear for s few successive washes to compare but the flooding damaged the water plant and we are in a conservation status
Change the bearing grease for sure on that $89 polisher. i changed the grease on my makita first thing I did.

Interested to hear how the $89 polisher performs.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:44 PM   #30
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
I need to wash her it’s been a week since I have but we have another week of frickin rain so sick of it.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:16 PM   #31
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Applied cquartz UK to my wheels. Let's see if that makes it any easier to clean them. Got some for trade with my awesome sauce detailer (megs hcw diluted 1:10 )

Eagle F1 (plastidip remover something something) works well, but I'm too lazy. And I love the oem pads otherwise
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #32
indyz

The cquartz UK (dont remember the exact version) does make a difference, not as much as I expected, though.
Its not a "hose off the brake dust" solution. Its a "quick wipe off with soapy water" product.

I will try Armor All Outlast brake dust repellent next. Anyone tried that?
Old 06-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #33
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Gave the The Mistress's interior a good vacuuming and thorough exterior wash. Did the wife's vert while I was at it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
The cquartz UK (dont remember the exact version) does make a difference, not as much as I expected, though.
Its not a "hose off the brake dust" solution. Its a "quick wipe off with soapy water" product.
I'm a big fan of Gtechniq coatings. I've got Crystal Serum Black and EXO on my wheels and they are indeed a "hose off the brake dust" solution. And still holding up brilliantly after 22+ months.

No coating will prevent road oils and grease from building up over time so at some point you always need to break out the soap and water.

Quote:
I will try Armor All Outlast brake dust repellent next. Anyone tried that?
This guy did. For TL/DR, skip to 10:00:

I'll stick with EXO, thanks.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #34
indyz

That YouTube vid shows the guy hates armor all outlast. But the Beemer guys I met here, like it. It's not perfect by any means, but it reduces the number of times you will have to clean your wheels. I won't know until I try it. If that fails, I may just look at gtechniq, thanks.

Last edited by indyz; 06-08-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #35
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I put Optimum Tire Coating on my Accord's tires. Didn't get one clean enough and seal in some brown, so I had to scrub it off. Best tire cleaning combo I tried was Super Degreaser and a Stainless Steel scrubber/scourer(Scotch Brite makes some that are carried in Wal Marts https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...CP64UBQbEw10fS ).

It just destroyed the coating and whatever I hadn't gotten off the first time(I read a post from Nick at McKee that old dressing can leechback out of the tire while driving after you put a coating on. Make me think you need to clean the crap out of them, drive for a few days, and then do it again before you coat them).

The other front tire isn't perfect, but not worth the 15 minutes of scrubbing, 5 minutes of taping off your tire, and then constantly wiping off any degreaser overspray. Really wish I had done it this way yesterday, would have saved some elbow grease. Super clean and a stiff brush just didn't cut it.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:56 PM   #36
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Have you guys got access to Gyeon Wet Coat? I hated it on bodywork because however strictly I followed the instructions, I would always get spot marks on the bodywork, HOWEVER on wheels they're a revelation: spray on, power wash immediately and not only do they add shine ( if you have gloss wheels!) but the repellant properties are awesome.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #37
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
Have you guys got access to Gyeon Wet Coat? I hated it on bodywork because however strictly I followed the instructions, I would always get spot marks on the bodywork, HOWEVER on wheels they're a revelation: spray on, power wash immediately and not only do they add shine ( if you have gloss wheels!) but the repellant properties are awesome.
I use SiO2 on RV campers that I wash. It works great! Gyeon WetCoat, McKees37 HydroBlue, CarPro Hydro2, they are all the same thing so you can pick the one with the best price.

Last edited by KirkH; 06-09-2019 at 12:45 PM.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:38 AM   #38
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I use SiO2 on RV campers that I wash. It works great! Gyeon WetCoat, McKees37 HydroBlue, CarPro Reload, they are all the same thing so you can pick the one with the best price.
+1 Any of the spray-n-rinse options will help. The new Meguiars HCW may be a cheaper option too.

I put Reload on the wife's painted aluminum wheels, which unlike my Z have easy to maintain 5 spoke wheels with few edges. Definitely helps keep the dust down for a few weeks.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #39
indyz

Meguiars HCW sucks for brake dust. A ceramic coating will be much better.....
Old 06-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #40
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
Meguiars HCW sucks for brake dust. A ceramic coating will be much better.....
I'm going to try Turtle Wax Seal and Shine next.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #41
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Hydro2 followed by Reload on my wheels...makes cleaning the wheels real easy.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #42
indyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
I'm going to try Turtle Wax Seal and Shine next.
Yeah me too after I am done with my Meguiars HCW in about a decade

Apex Detail posted this TW seal & shine vs CG HydroCharge (I was interested in this as I had heard some rumblings about good sheeting):