Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-03-2023, 07:53 AM   #1
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Gauges and AFR...

Good day all! I saw the below post this morning:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608234

After I read it, I started thinking do I have mine gauges setup up the best they can be. I didn't want to hi-jack the OP's original thread: So here is what I'm trying to figure out: I originally had both the iDash Data Monster and the iDash Super Gauges mounted in my car. However, my Tuner requested I get AFR wideband data logging going. So, I removed the iDash Super Gauge that was my secondary gauge, and replaced it with the AEM AFR gauge along with an AFR sensor. But, I didn't connect my iDash and AEM gauges together with the aux port.

1) Should I connect the iDash and AEM together via aux port, 2) is there a way to allow either iDash gauges (Data Monster / Super Gauge) to show the AFR value so I can ditch the AEM gauge, 3) Will HPTuners still log AFR data without the actual "AEM AFR Gauge" being installed (I assume it wil las the gauge isn't sending the data, but the senor is).

Could someone comment that's more wise than me on all this stuff. Suggest how you would set this up if it were you, but only 2 of the 3 gauges (I don't want to install 3) Thanks

Pics are my original gauge setup and a pic form the Banks website
Attached Images

2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:47 PM   #2
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
I run the Monster and AEM, your idea on paper is great but there is no way to connect a wideband to the Monster and be able to use HPTUNERS. I wish there was a way
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 05:54 PM   #3
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Banks had started to R&D the addition of an O2 sensor that’s was supposed to connect to the iDash. At this point I believe that ship has sailed.

OP, as mentioned, the ability to keep your AEM & iDash connected and also connect to HP Tuners is a unicorn.

https://official.bankspower.com/insi...and-o2-sensor/

https://official.bankspower.com/insi...d-o2-sensor-2/

I believe this was all originally planned to work with the Banks B-Bus connection, but as you’ll notice, there’s no O2 in the list of sensors.

https://bankspower.com/collections/sensors-modules

If you want AFR to work in HPT, you’ll need to disconnect the iDash from the pass through to be able to plug into HPT and keep the AEM.

It would be ideal to have a dual pass through but even at that point I’m not sure that setup would poll correctly in HPT.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:25 PM   #4
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
WOW Thanks for the info Trochoidal! and YEP That's what I am doing, unplugging the iDash and leaving AEM and then attaching MPVi3 module when data logging or reading/writing vehicle.
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:18 PM   #5
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
I have my idash and aem connected to my OBD and can connect HPTUNERS when I need to. I ordered I splitter from Amazon and it works perfectly.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:23 PM   #6
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
WOW Thanks for the info Trochoidal! and YEP That's what I am doing, unplugging the iDash and leaving AEM and then attaching MPVi3 module when data logging or reading/writing vehicle.
Glad to offer you some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
I have my idash and aem connected to my OBD and can connect HPTUNERS when I need to. I ordered I splitter from Amazon and it works perfectly.
Good to know! I’ve had one of those that came with a P3 gauge I bought a couple of years ago. Never used it to do what you’re doing.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote