Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-06-2017, 01:03 AM   #197
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
There's plenty of e85 in Vegas. and 93? get with the program, go 100 or go home. and there's 100 in vegas as well

edit: fest 2 was in phoenix, so I don't think there's a problem.
Plenty of E85 in Socal, Vegas and Phx

I believe Vegas and Phx have select 93 in some stations
Old 12-06-2017, 01:42 AM   #198
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I dont care where but when. I have to turn my vacation request in for next year today.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:34 AM   #199
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I dont care where but when. I have to turn my vacation request in for next year today.
I'm with you there Bo when is a big thing for people where would be nice as well they said shortly after thanksgiving of course with the circle that could mean January...

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:02 AM   #200
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
WHERE WILL CAMARO FEST VIII BE LOCATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post

Yea it’s too late for me...vacations are already awarded for next year...hopefully it is in the 2nd or 3 rd week of June otherwise I can’t go

This is something that should be taken into consideration when planning these events because for example I work for the railroad and my days off are Thursday Friday so it’s not feasible for me to take a weekend off because essentially I would lose almost a whole week of work without pay, which isn’t cool supporting a family. When you work for large companies/corporations that have people on vacation every week of the year based on seniority you need to get your vacations in by the first of the December because obviously people are awarded and starting vacation January 1

The hot rod power tour is the same way...although I think the dates are finalized but the route is still a mystery so it’s a guessing game for people that have to bid for their vacation if they Want to go or not. It would not be practical for somebody on the East Coast that only has a week off and have to go all the way to the West Coast for the power tour so it would be a waste of vacation if they bid that and that’s the way the power tour worked out

It would be nice to lock in the dates and at least a general area of the event the prior year so people could bid for their vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #201
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity View Post
Yea it’s too late for me...vacations are already awarded for next year...hopefully it is in the 2nd or 3 rd week of June otherwise I can’t go

This is something that should be taken into consideration when planning these events because for example I work for the railroad and my days off are Thursday Friday so it’s not feasible for me to take a weekend off because essentially I would lose almost a whole week of work without pay, which isn’t cool supporting a family. When you work for large companies/corporations that have people on vacation every week of the year based on seniority you need to get your vacations in by the first of the December because obviously people are awarded and starting vacation January 1

The hot rod power tour is the same way...although I think the dates are finalized but the route is still a mystery so it’s a guessing game for people that have to bid for their vacation if they Want to go or not. It would not be practical for somebody on the East Coast that only has a week off and have to go all the way to the West Coast for the power tour so it would be a waste of vacation if they bid that and that’s the way the power tour worked out

It would be nice to lock in the dates and at least a general area of the event the prior year so people could bid for their vacation

We really do try to accommodate this. Sometimes its tough with different venues, because they don't open their schedules until such-and-such a date...others take a while to return calls/emails. And THEN...we've got to wait in some cases for the contracts to be drafted, sent, signed, and then approved. A process that at one venue in the past took over a month.

But we do realize the realities of vacation time - and we're very fortunate that people like you are willing to spend the time with us and all your Camaro friends at Camaro Fest. So for that, thank you!

It doesn't seem to do you any good, what with vacation time and all, but I wanted to share we're....REALLY....REALLYREALLY Close.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:07 AM   #202
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Ive turned in my vacation rounds before finding out the last 2 years and have got lucky on the time being available. Hope my luck doesnt run out because I turned mine in last night.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #203
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Ha ha, I do consulting work and I am semi retired.
My vacation time is when I want it and for as long as I want.
My current vacation began mid May of this year.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #204
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEye07 View Post
Plenty of E85 in Socal, Vegas and Phx

I believe Vegas and Phx have select 93 in some stations
You bringing the V6 to race this year ghosteye07?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:33 PM   #205
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
By Fest time I will be retired. Permanent vacation!
Old 12-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #206
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
You two suck. Ive YEARS to go. As lomg as my body can hold up, anyway. Lol. J/k congrats on the retirement.
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #207
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
It doesn't seem to do you any good, what with vacation time and all, but I wanted to share we're....REALLY....REALLYREALLY Close.
Is that the same as really really soon?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #208
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Is that the same as really really soon?

I was hoping because he was quoting me he meant really really close to me in Chicago

Haha

Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #209
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Congrats, welcome to the club.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:38 PM   #210
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Kinda nice isn't it. I retired on March 30th of this year from the commercial nuclear power industry and I don't miss it one bit.
Something to be said for doing what you want when you want not that I'm rubbing this in at all.
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote