Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
jvillareal1978

Drives: 2017 Camrao 2LT RS
To Exhaust or Not

Hello Everyone, I have 2017 with aftermarket Intake, Downpipe, Large Throttle and running E85. My next power increase was gonna be a larger turbo. Before I did that was wanting to know if it makes a difference to upgrade the exhaust either catback or axleback, or is the factory pretty good? Has anyone actually ran any numbers with and without upgrading the exhaust?
jvillareal1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
2.0Godfather's car had good numbers with just a tune, TB, downpipe and stock exhaust. If you plan to upgrade the turbo, I would suggest an Intercooler upgrade first. from what I've seen, the exhaust isn't going to give you any gains, just a better sound. Once you start getting higher hp/tq numbers, I would suggest a full exhaust just to allow better breathing. I have ZFR turbo, RPM catted DP and MRT V2 full exhaust
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
2.0Godfather's car had good numbers with just a tune, TB, downpipe and stock exhaust. If you plan to upgrade the turbo, I would suggest an Intercooler upgrade first. from what I've seen, the exhaust isn't going to give you any gains, just a better sound. Once you start getting higher hp/tq numbers, I would suggest a full exhaust just to allow better breathing. I have ZFR turbo, RPM catted DP and MRT V2 full exhaust
Do you go to any meets around here? I’d like to hear what your exhaust sounds like in person. I’ve only heard them in videos unfortunately.
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #4
jvillareal1978

Quote:
I was wondering about the intercooler. Does anyone have any performance numbers after upgrading their intercooler, and which one did you go with?
Old 04-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
StPeteHyper2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCobalt View Post
Do you go to any meets around here? I’d like to hear what your exhaust sounds like in person. I’ve only heard them in videos unfortunately.
I have been trying to make it to Sports Legends but have been too busy. Me and a friend are going to try next Wed. I haven't kept up with any other meets, I don't know when they are til it's to late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillareal1978 View Post
I was wondering about the intercooler. Does anyone have any performance numbers after upgrading their intercooler, and which one did you go with?
You'd be fine with ZZPs kit or Mishimotos kit or building a kit yourself. There are a couple threads around about that. I have the Mishimoto setup. Anything is better than stock.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
jvillareal1978

Quote:
You'd be fine with ZZPs kit or Mishimotos kit or building a kit yourself. There are a couple threads around about that. I have the Mishimoto setup. Anything is better than stock.
I looked them both up on their website. It looks like the Mishimoto is a direct fit replacement. Does it comes with better pipes as well?

The ZZP comes with all new pipes, but doesn't look like a direct replacement, unless I am missing something?
Old 04-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #7
StPeteHyper2.0

Quote:
I looked them both up on their website. It looks like the Mishimoto is a direct fit replacement. Does it comes with better pipes as well?

The ZZP comes with all new pipes, but doesn't look like a direct replacement, unless I am missing something?
Mishi is a drop-in replacement pipes sold separately, ZZP is front mount pipes included. You can get better deals from 3rd party vendors like phastek for Mishi. They had a 25% deal not sure if it still works tho
Old 04-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #8
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Hello Everyone, I have 2017 with aftermarket Intake, Downpipe, Large Throttle and running E85. My next power increase was gonna be a larger turbo. Before I did that was wanting to know if it makes a difference to upgrade the exhaust either catback or axleback, or is the factory pretty good? Has anyone actually ran any numbers with and without upgrading the exhaust?
Hey man, I don't have any comment on exhaust, but how is that Vermont Tuning E85 Tune working out for ya? Very curious!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:58 PM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Hey man, I don't have any comment on exhaust, but how is that Vermont Tuning E85 Tune working out for ya? Very curious!
If he comes back and says RPM E85 tune I'm gonna shit myself... i hope he doesn't but i see he's in Arizona...

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:34 PM   #10
jvillareal1978

I am not sure about RPM, but it is Vermont Tuning and Brian is great. Very responsive and tunes per car, not just an email tune and your done. And yes it has been E85 for 5 full tanks down to empty.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Thank god it's vermont tuning and i agree brian is an awesome guy.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:07 PM   #12
jvillareal1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Thank god it's vermont tuning and i agree brian is an awesome guy.
I plan on getting his turbo upgrade by the end of year