Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2018, 12:24 PM   #15
Cchief

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2SS Convertible
Also just did GM dark tail lights and a dark decal on the third brake light, looks great!
Cchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #16
Cchief

Name:  Camaro antenna.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  25.8 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFarr View Post
So, there is a grommet that holds the antenna inside the spoiler of the convertible on both sides. I tried to pull on it but its pretty tight. I didn't want to rip anything. I don't mind having the antenna inside the truck as long as I have SOME sort of AM/FM connection. Any other solutions or anyone taken the convertible wing apart?

SN: The XM radio still works though
Here is what I found to be inside the spoiler. The very bottom piece is the part the is screwed into the bottom of the spoiler. When you remove the two plastic caps on each side of the trunk lid to access the spoiler, you will find two boosters for the antenna. You can unplug those boosters and the spoiler will come off.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #17
ChadFarr
Instagram: @SSAVAGEVERT

Drives: 2016 SS M6 Vert
Removing the spoiler wasn’t the problem. It’s where to run the antenna after I open up the spoiler. Aftermarket spoilers don’t have anywhere to run it inside.

I’ll try to open it and see if I can remove the antenna and maybe run it inside of the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
ChadFarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:13 AM   #18
Cchief

Antenna Booster

Quote:
Removing the spoiler wasn’t the problem. It’s where to run the antenna after I open up the spoiler. Aftermarket spoilers don’t have anywhere to run it inside.

I’ll try to open it and see if I can remove the antenna and maybe run it inside of the trunk.

I had a guy that wanted to mount it on the underside of the trunk lid....I don't use the AM/FM so i didn't bother and left the antenna inside the takeoff spoiler for the next guy if he wants to take it back to original. You can always buy an aftermarket stubby antenna and mount it on the car up front. I would check with a good car stereo store, someone will have an idea.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:18 AM   #19
ChadFarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchief View Post
I had a guy that wanted to mount it on the underside of the trunk lid....I don't use the AM/FM so i didn't bother and left the antenna inside the takeoff spoiler for the next guy if he wants to take it back to original. You can always buy an aftermarket stubby antenna and mount it on the car up front. I would check with a good car stereo store, someone will have an idea.

I would try to mount it in the trunk before I install an aftermarket antenna on my car. That would be horrendous. Lol

2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
Old 09-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #20
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Chief, I am leaning toward your setup. In the short term, if I ditched AM/FM, it wouldn’t be a big deal. Just checking to see if anyone else has found other options you like or recommend.

I like the C7Carbon spoiler, but th stubs for mounting are apparently in the wrong place.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #21
Drsagacity

Quote:
I would try to mount it in the trunk before I install an aftermarket antenna on my car. That would be horrendous. Lol

I have sent a message to ACS to see if their spoiler works with the convertible and accounts for the antenna...

TBD performance
Old 09-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #22
ChadFarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I have sent a message to ACS to see if their spoiler works with the convertible and accounts for the antenna...

Sounds good! Let me k ow what you hear.

Click & Follow My Build
Old 09-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #23
ChadFarr

So 3DEngineering makes a wickerbill Add-on for the stock SS spoiler. It doesn’t look so bad either.

https://3deengineering.com/

Click & Follow My Build
Old 09-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #24
1CEBITN

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert w/2SS
I've been looking at the ACS spoiler as well, I'm not a fan of the spoiler on the SS vert and I'd like to go to the blade-style spoiler too. I emailed them about the antenna and got back:

"We modify the spoiler so that you can integrate the AM/FM antenna into the spoiler. You would simply remove the existing antenna in your spoiler, and make it in the new spoiler. The instructions we give detail on how to install the antenna."

I would like to see the install instructions but that sounds like a promising option.
1CEBITN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:20 PM   #25
ChadFarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CEBITN View Post
I've been looking at the ACS spoiler as well, I'm not a fan of the spoiler on the SS vert and I'd like to go to the blade-style spoiler too. I emailed them about the antenna and got back:

"We modify the spoiler so that you can integrate the AM/FM antenna into the spoiler. You would simply remove the existing antenna in your spoiler, and make it in the new spoiler. The instructions we give detail on how to install the antenna."

I would like to see the install instructions but that sounds like a promising option.

Well all we need now is someone to fork over the funds and give it a whirl! Lol

Click & Follow My Build
Old 09-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #26
Drsagacity

Quote:
Well all we need now is someone to fork over the funds and give it a whirl! Lol

They are definitely very proud of their product. On the pictures the wicker bill for the stock spoiler looks pretty good...Do you think there would be a benefit for the wickerbill at the track?

TBD performance
Old 09-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #27
ChadFarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
They are definitely very proud of their product. On the pictures the wicker bill for the stock spoiler looks pretty good...Do you think there would be a benefit for the wickerbill at the track?

Actually the wickerbill would create more drag on the drag strip. A lot of my friends uninstall theirs when racing.

Click & Follow My Build