Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
16red2ss

Drives: 2016 Red Camaro 2SS
Frustrated....

Two months ago I traded in my C6 convertible for a new Camaro 2SS. I originally was going to the dealership to trade the C6 for a C7 but I fell in love with the Camaro. I have had the car for 2 months and I have had several issues. Memory seats not working properly but the latest trip to the dealership has really frustrated me...Last Friday I brought my Camaro into the local Chevy dealership because of an annoying squeak coming from the front end. I called the dealership the following Monday(after not hearing from them) and the advisor said they just got done with it and it was fixed. I left work early to go pick it up and when I got there the lot porter explained that he did not know how to drive a stick and he asked if I would mind getting the car myself??? A lot porter that can't drive stick??? I actually felt a little bad for him and at least he warned me. On the walk over to the car he explained that they just washed it because they let it sit out all weekend and some birds bombed it. He explained that the car was covered with bird shit. When I got to the car I could see about 20 spots where the bird shit etched into the paint. Those who know me know that I would park my car in the house if I could. The porter apologized and by the look on my face and the words coming out of my mouth he knew I was pissed. The lot porter got into the car as we were going to take it back up front to show the advisor. As I let the clutch out and the car starts to roll, I hear the squeak? The young kid didn't know what to do. I told him that it was not his fault but he was gonna see a show when I talked to the advisor. By the time I got back up front the advisor was gone. I don't know when the last time I dropped so many 4 letter words at one time. They gave me another Camaro (2015 V6) to drive home and they told me they would call me first thing in the morning. They called and explained that they could not diagnose the problem that was over a week ago and they still don't know what it is. On Friday I called GM's Customer Service Line and opened up a complaint. They were not very helpful. They took the information and they explained that I would here from someone at the dealership within two business days. I went up to the dealership yesterday to see what the paint looked like and they did detail it. It appears that they corrected the issues with the bird droppings but still no resolution with the squeak. They think it is either the strut or the whole rack and pinion. At this point I wish I could just go back in time and buy the C7. I have had 6 Corvettes and never had these types of issues. The advisor explained that since the car is so new that they could also have problems locating parts that will potentially be needed to correct the issues...The car doesn't even have 2k miles on it....
16red2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:39 AM   #2
suzook

Drives: camaro
It sounds like another case of a bad dealership. This IS a problem with GM. Whats the point of these stupid surveys if they dont do anything about it? GM needs to start being hard on dealerships, otherwise we could see another collapse.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
RedSS, I'm so sorry! It's experiences like yours (and there seem to be a whole lot of them) that are really giving me pause about taking delivery of this car I have been waiting for. Not just the issues with the car, but (and probably most importantly) how GM / Dealerships are treating some of you guys!

"We don't know what it is" is not an acceptable resolution, and they know it. I see that you live in Florida. I'd take a close look at the Lemon Law there:

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...256cc9005da68a

The very best to you.

FP
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #4
Factorypilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
It sounds like another case of a bad dealership. This IS a problem with GM. Whats the point of these stupid surveys if they dont do anything about it? GM needs to start being hard on dealerships, otherwise we could see another collapse.
100% correct.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:42 AM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
This is as simple as interviewing and finding another dealership. There are good ones out there. Before I got my car, I found two great dealers here in South Florida 20 minutes from my house. There are 3000 dealers across United States, there's no way anybody needs to put up with this crap. The minute that they expressed any hesitation on the fix I would've packed up and been down the road. Another thing :my dealer , if he has to order a part, he tells me to take the car home if it can be driven. Maybe yours couldnt but for others reading here if you're going to order a part, don't let the car sit in their lot.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:58 AM   #6
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
This is as simple as interviewing and finding another dealership. There are good ones out there. Before I got my car, I found two great dealers here in South Florida 20 minutes from my house. There are 3000 dealers across United States, there's no way anybody needs to put up with this crap. The minute that they expressed any hesitation on the fix I would've packed up and been down the road. Another thing :my dealer , if he has to order a part, he tells me to take the car home if it can be driven. Maybe yours couldnt but for others reading here if you're going to order a part, don't let the car sit in their lot.
Unfortunately for me, the dealers within 60 miles are mediocre at best. This is a total of 5 dealers. There is a serious issue happening.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Unfortunately for me, the dealers within 60 miles are mediocre at best. This is a total of 5 dealers. There is a serious issue happening.

That's a shame. But GM'S not gonna clear this up. Franchising and state laws what they are ,GM has very little control over the behavior of their dealerships. It's that way for every manufacturerer these days.

Written for others reading here:
If you want to get your dealers attention you can do it with the survey. Before you fill out the survey and you take your car in there, go see the service manager and ask him for their best service advisor, because when you get the survey, you want to give them good scores… ( see the implied threat?) That's enough of a warning that you know about the survey, and that it's important. It certainly is important to them. This doesn't work all the time, but it works most of the time.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #8
G8rGrl

Drives: My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorypilot View Post
RedSS, I'm so sorry! It's experiences like yours (and there seem to be a whole lot of them) that are really giving me pause about taking delivery of this car I have been waiting for. Not just the issues with the car, but (and probably most importantly) how GM / Dealerships are treating some of you guys!

"We don't know what it is" is not an acceptable resolution, and they know it. I see that you live in Florida. I'd take a close look at the Lemon Law there:

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...256cc9005da68a

The very best to you.

FP
Selling $50K Camaros and $100K Corvettes puts the dealerships in the "luxury" category. These Chevy dealerships with poor service are not "luxury dealership" level. Lots of people choose Lexus because of the level of service, after having mediocre service from other "luxury" brands. The stories about bad Chevy dealerships in these forums aren't even "free car" level; totally unprofessional. It is unacceptable when people pay hard-earned money for a car; it should be almost free of defects and any defects should be fixed promptly and thoroughly the first time.
G8rGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:14 AM   #9
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
That stinks man! I have been saying this over and over again, GMs customer service and especially their dealerships are old GM still and their biggest problems! There are things that can be done to these crappy dealerships by GM, they can easily punish them in ways, but it would hurt GMs business so they choose to let these a**hole dealerships do business as usual.

I can relate to you about being OCD with the car, I am the same way, if I could park my car in my house I would! Lol. I had a similiar experience with my 2012 Cruze before I sold it, took it in for service for a bad fuel pump, sat at the dealer for a week, brought it in immuculate condition, picked it, filthy, had a huge scratch on the driver real quarter panel. I am very friendly with the service manager, brought him out to see the filthy scratched car...he was like what scratch? I was OMG, right there! I was like Jim Carrey in Liar Liar! He takes the car to go get looked at, oh come back next Wednesday when the detail guy is here...I said forget it, took it home and worked on it and bufffed it out myself, 2 hours later.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #10
Factorypilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
Selling $50K Camaros and $100K Corvettes puts the dealerships in the "luxury" category. These Chevy dealerships with poor service are not "luxury dealership" level. Lots of people choose Lexus because of the level of service, after having mediocre service from other "luxury" brands. The stories about bad Chevy dealerships in these forums aren't even "free car" level; totally unprofessional. It is unacceptable when people pay hard-earned money for a car; it should be almost free of defects and any defects should be fixed promptly and thoroughly the first time.
Well said
Old 02-21-2016, 10:19 AM   #11
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
And my dealer has a separate Cadillac service area and it is just as crappy as the Chevy/Buick side! So much for GM wanting to really truly build Cadillac into a world class brand! I own a Cadillac, have had a few, and follow Cadillac closely, but they will never succeed with dealerships and service like this. Brought my Cadillac in yesterday for an oil change covered under their 4 year warranty, service garage floor was filthy, huge puddle of wiper fluid sitting on the floor, it was empty yesterday, saw like 5 advisors walk right over and past the puddle! I said to my wife, seriously? You pull in and it shows lack of caring and unprofessionalism! And now they want to start selling cars besides the Escalade in the $90k - 100k region like the CT6!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #12
16red2ss

Drives: 2016 Red Camaro 2SS
So here is the latest...GM customer service promised me last Friday that someone from the dealership would be following up with me by Monday afternoon. I probably don't have to tell you that they didn't follow up. I called my GM service rep on Monday afternoon and had to leave a message. He called me on Tuesday with a bit of an attitude explaining that they are still working on it. Today is Wednesday and I still have not heard anything. I am to the point where I am ready to take it up a notch. They have had my car for almost two weeks and they still have no idea what the issue is. This is unacceptable. The dealership is terrible and GM customer service is not any better....
16red2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:27 PM   #13

Drives: 1970 Vette,16 1SS, 07 Ford Taurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16red2ss View Post
So here is the latest...GM customer service promised me last Friday that someone from the dealership would be following up with me by Monday afternoon. I probably don't have to tell you that they didn't follow up. I called my GM service rep on Monday afternoon and had to leave a message. He called me on Tuesday with a bit of an attitude explaining that they are still working on it. Today is Wednesday and I still have not heard anything. I am to the point where I am ready to take it up a notch. They have had my car for almost two weeks and they still have no idea what the issue is. This is unacceptable. The dealership is terrible and GM customer service is not any better....
Chevy Customer service is a joke and they give you the typical customer service bs response but they are useless and I haven't seen any threads where they have actually helped anybody. For example netslave with his paint issues and several other members with their issues. The only good thing is it can't get any worse. Chevy can only improve so Chevy has that going for them. If I worked for GM or Chevy and was in the know I would be embarrassed by many things that are going on within their brand and company.

Becky is great and GM/Chevy should hire her to consult them on many things. Communication is a huge issue/problem area for Chevy from the top to bottom, from the plant to the dealers and everything in between. Becky is probably the best or close to the best in regards to communicating I have ever seen from a Chevy or GM brand dealership employee. Becky

Sorry to hijack hopefully your car gets fixed but it sounds like Chevy is just being typical Chevy.
70454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/pnKpMj Posted by 16red2ss[/url] So here is the latest...GM customer service promised me last Friday that someone from the dealership would be following up with me by Monday afternoon. I probably don't have to tell you that they didn't follow up. I called my GM service rep on Monday afternoon and had to leave a message. He called me on Tuesday with a bit of an attitude explaining that they are still working on it. Today is Wednesday and I still have not heard anything. I am to the point where I am ready to take it up a notch. They have had my car for almost two weeks and they still have no idea what the issue is. This is unacceptable. The dealership is terrible and GM customer service is not any better....
I regret to hear this, 16red2ss.

I can understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience this delay in communication may have caused. Given the opportunity, I would be happy to review your case in greater detail and provide a possible update. Please send us a private message containing your VIN or case number if this is something of interest to you.

I look forward to your message.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care