Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #15
16red2ss

Drives: 2016 Red Camaro 2SS
So the story goes on...I went back to the dealer that I bought the vehicle on Saturday and while they understood my dilemma they could do no more than offer me $7k less than I paid for it. They told me to continue to deal with GM until I got a resolution. I left the dealer and got 5 miles down the road and then the dealership that is servicing the vehicle calls and they tell me that the engineer came and they swapped out both front struts and the squeak went away. I told them that I would come by on Sunday morning to pick it up. I picked it up this morning and they had it under the porch in the shade at the dealership. I drove the vehicle off the lot when I noticed some discoloration on the hood. When I got home and parked it in the sun I could see where they went over the top of the car with a buffer and it went right thru the clear in some spots. I took the car back to the dealer and talked the sales manager since the service manager was gone. He seemed sincere and sympathetic and asked me how I wanted to resolve it. I told him that I don't want the car back and I want what I paid for it since it has just 1800 miles on it...I told him that I wanted him to facilitate this since it was his dealership that caused these issues. He explained that he would call GM tomorrow and start the buyback process on his end..We will see but I don't have a good feeling about it.
16red2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #16
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Wow, wtf is going on at these dealers. My dealer would never let something like this happen. I do feel the paint on my car is very thin, after 1180 miles my car has dozens of chips right in front of both rear tires. I know they wanted the cars to be lighter, but sacrificing paint thickness is not the way to do it. I'm taking mine in tm to have the service manager take a look at it. I have a real good friend in the collision business and he said he's amazed how with the lack of thickness to the red and clear on it. He'd never seen so many chips in under 1200 miles. This car has never seen gravel and it never will.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff

Last edited by laynlo15; 02-28-2016 at 08:00 PM.
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #17
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Wow, wtf is going on at these dealers. My dealer would never let something like this happen.
No kidding. Why I choose my dealerships VERY carefully and never am "stuck" with my local options. Hence, my car came from TX, ordered when I lived in AR and took delivery when I lived in KS.

So sorry to hear this OP. Hopefully it will all get situated fast with the interference of GM.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #18
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
...Written for others reading here:
If you want to get your dealers attention you can do it with the survey. Before you fill out the survey...
Can only speak to our experience but GM doesn't care about the survey's either. We specifically asked that someone call us to address the disaster that is our 2016 camaro. We were contacted by the social media department, via email. While they seem like nice people a car that revs uncontrollably, wasn't painted correctly, the hood won't close unless it's slammed etc isn't a social media problem.

The only thing GM seems to be concerned about is trying to placate the amount of people posting on forums such as this about how seriously screwed up their cars are. We have had to do all the leg work, make all the phone calls, write all the emails. GM has not ONE TIME contacted us even though we have requested them to do so a half dozen times. The bitch of this is - the genetic failures that run the dealership that sold us the car, they have now tried to contact us. Took them 10 days after they told us to piss off and giving them all 1 star ratings on their survey but hey at least they tried to reach out. Not sure what GM's excuse is but until they figure it out we will continue to keep asking the hard questions.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:51 PM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You're correct, Gm doesn't care about the survey, only the dealer staff cares about the surveys , because They get paid off of them.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:39 AM   #20
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
Can only speak to our experience but GM doesn't care about the survey's either. We specifically asked that someone call us to address the disaster that is our 2016 camaro. We were contacted by the social media department, via email. While they seem like nice people a car that revs uncontrollably, wasn't painted correctly, the hood won't close unless it's slammed etc isn't a social media problem.

The only thing GM seems to be concerned about is trying to placate the amount of people posting on forums such as this about how seriously screwed up their cars are. We have had to do all the leg work, make all the phone calls, write all the emails. GM has not ONE TIME contacted us even though we have requested them to do so a half dozen times. The bitch of this is - the genetic failures that run the dealership that sold us the car, they have now tried to contact us. Took them 10 days after they told us to piss off and giving them all 1 star ratings on their survey but hey at least they tried to reach out. Not sure what GM's excuse is but until they figure it out we will continue to keep asking the hard questions.
GM punishes the dealership financially whenever those ratings come back with negative ratings. This is the only reason the selling dealer is calling you now and it may just be to ask you why you would do such a horrible thing to them. Ask me how I know.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:30 AM   #21
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
GM punishes the dealership financially whenever those ratings come back with negative ratings. This is the only reason the selling dealer is calling you now and it may just be to ask you why you would do such a horrible thing to them. Ask me how I know.
I got blacklisted from a dealer filling out a previous service survey. Dealers on long island are the worst!