Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-06-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
upwgdrb

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Corvette
Move to A10 from manual Regrets?

I am looking hard at a couple of Camaro 2SS’. My current car is is 2016 Corvette 2lt with Z51 and M7. Unfortunately my car had the oil pump failure at 15,000 mile and I have lost some confidence in it lasting.

The cars available in my area have the A10 vs the M6.

Has anybody gone from a manual to the A10 and what are your thoughts afterwards?
upwgdrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
My previous 3 camaros were M6 equipped. Having the rev matching made the M6 great to play with. I recently decided to buy the A10 in my last ZL1 and now in my 2SS. I personally would not go back. The auto is spot on with every shift, and is awesome. It responds to the the mode selection all by itself. Granted I am on older guy, and I do not ever track my cars. Street driven only.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:21 AM   #3
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Had a ‘17 SS manual and now an A10. Sometimes I miss shifting but honestly I love how torquey and easy/relaxing to drive the A10 is. It’s less fatiguing and the A10 is so good and is fast as hell. But I’m 51 now and have had tons of manuals. I don’t regret it.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:30 AM   #4
upwgdrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Had a ‘17 SS manual and now an A10. Sometimes I miss shifting but honestly I love how torquey and easy/relaxing to drive the A10 is. It’s less fatiguing and the A10 is so good and is fast as hell. But I’m 51 now and have had tons of manuals. I don’t regret it.
Thanks for the reply, I am 58 so not too old.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
upwgdrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
My previous 3 camaros were M6 equipped. Having the rev matching made the M6 great to play with. I recently decided to buy the A10 in my last ZL1 and now in my 2SS. I personally would not go back. The auto is spot on with every shift, and is awesome. It responds to the the mode selection all by itself. Granted I am on older guy, and I do not ever track my cars. Street driven only.
Thanks for the reply. I don’t track my cars either. 58 here so on the older side of things as well. I don’t feel that old though.

Last edited by upwgdrb; 02-06-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:48 AM   #6
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by upwgdrb View Post
I am looking hard at a couple of Camaro 2SS’. My current car is is 2016 Corvette 2lt with Z51 and M7. Unfortunately my car had the oil pump failure at 15,000 mile and I have lost some confidence in it lasting.

The cars available in my area have the A10 vs the M6.

Has anybody gone from a manual to the A10 and what are your thoughts afterwards?
Younger guy here, my pops just recently got a c7 manual that I got the joy of driving over the weekend, as much as I love driving a manual again I have to admit I cannot get anywhere near the speed in which my A10 shifts. As fun as a manual is, dont think I would ever go back to one over the auto as it’s a perfect weekend warrior/drag strip car.
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:51 AM   #7
upwgdrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang N’ Bang View Post
Younger guy here, my pops just recently got a c7 manual that I got the joy of driving over the weekend, as much as I love driving a manual again I have to admit I cannot get anywhere near the speed in which my A10 shifts. As fun as a manual is, dont think I would ever go back to one over the auto as it’s a perfect weekend warrior/drag strip car.
Thanks for your insight. It’s helpful.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:52 AM   #8
AmazinglySmooth

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I decided on M6 because it is more fun to drive. I don't care about lap times or quick shifts, I care about putting the car in the gear I want when I want. With rev-matching, it is zero burden to down-shift.

The last time I made this decision I was looking at Mini Coopers. I test drove their automatic and their manual. The manual was more fun for me. When I sold my Mini and bought my 1LE, I had to have a manual.

I'm sure the auto is faster, but that is important to me.
AmazinglySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #9
upwgdrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinglySmooth View Post
I decided on M6 because it is more fun to drive. I don't care about lap times or quick shifts, I care about putting the car in the gear I want when I want. With rev-matching, it is zero burden to down-shift.

The last time I made this decision I was looking at Mini Coopers. I test drove their automatic and their manual. The manual was more fun for me. When I sold my Mini and bought my 1LE, I had to have a manual.

I'm sure the auto is faster, but that is important to me.
Thanks for the reply. That’s one of my concerns.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:22 PM   #10
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
There's just something about shifting gears, especially in a sports car. Being lower to the ground and feeling the shifts... I have an automatic in a truck (Colorado) that I use in the cold months. We are just over half way through the winter and I am itching to get my car out and go through the gears on it.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #11
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
I have the manual in my Camaro and an a10 in my raptor. The tremec shifts smooth as butter in the 1LE. One of the best I’ve had the pleasure of shifting. I think they put a short shifter in the 1LE. The clutch is not heavy either as it is a twin disc. I’ve had import 4 cyl cars and the clutch pedal was like going to a gym for a calf workout. I’m surprised how light the clutch pedal is for the amount of torque it can handle. The a10 in the raptor in sport mode holds the gears until redline and sometimes has issues when downshifting. I don’t mind if it grenades itself as I bought an extended warranty. I drive them both hard because Ford and GM Performance ��

Last edited by Ademarco; 02-06-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #12
Sweptwing

Drives: 2017 2LT RS V6 M/T
Bottom line, trust your gut! You know what want!
Old 02-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #13
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Upper 50's female. My previous 6th gens 2SS's were autos (A8) didn't have the shudder in either of them, but I had to have a manual and so happy with my '19 SS/1LE. I don't have to deal with any big traffic where I live. Grew up in NJ in the NYC metro area and later lived in the DC area. Been there done that with 3rd & 4th gen TA's and C4 corvette, but for a daily driver I would not want a manual in any big city area where dealing with stop/go traffic on a regular basis. I almost bought a 2SS/A10, but much happier with my SS/1LE M6, however; a SS with A10 is no slouch and would I'd get one once I'm done wanting to shift gears.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:44 PM   #14
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
All sports cars I have owned (save one) had manuals. Currently owner of a M6 and while I like autos it does take the fun out of driving for me. I love shifting, the feel and control of what gear I want to be in VS what the car wants me to be in. When I want to pass I dont have to floor it to change gears, I just do it. I can agree with others that the shifts of the new autos are on point. Guess it comes down to what you consider fun and if you would miss shifting.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote