Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2021, 05:36 PM   #29
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Yes no doubt I would move to the C8. I am sad to say but the Camaro is not going to make it. I am going to be ordering a C8 shortly.

Coupe, 2LT, Red Mist, Natural Napa Leather, GT2 seats, 5-spoke carbon flash wheels, performance exhaust, front lift, edge red calipers, engine appearance, carbon flash exterior, body colored roof panel package w/ transparent roof, high wing spoiler.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2021, 07:49 PM   #30
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlackCamaroSS View Post
Hey guys and girls, I was wondering if I could get your opinions. I love my Camaro and it's power (650whp) and sound but I have an opportunity to build a C8 for next year (2022 model). I love the look of the new vette and the mid engine but haven't got to try out the different seats options to know how comfy/uncomfortable they might be. Wife also loves the new vette in Orange but they are changing that color and don't know what it looks like in person (just the pictures).

Basically what i'm asking is if you could get a new vette, is it worth it to part ways with the Camaro with those unknowns of the color and seats. Thanks
I would have bought a C8 instead of my 2021 Camaro if there was availability. I’ll be in the market for one fall 2022 if there’s availability and I can get one for at MSRP. The only thing variable that could change my mind is the automatic transmission as I’m a manual transmission homer but I was ok with the automatic in the C7.

Last edited by seethruya; 05-17-2021 at 09:29 PM.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:50 PM   #31
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I think if you can fit in and get out of it easily AND can afford it, go for it. I also think Corvettes are awesome cars. I had the same interest although on a much lower scale. I had a V6 Camaro and wanted a RWD V8 car with manual transmission. I was really looking at a new Camaro LT1 although that was even too expensive for me. So I got a great deal on a 2006 C6 convertible. Love the car- it's not a C8 although it's what I can afford and to me amazing. I fit in it no problem- I'm 62, in shape, slim and tall- no problem getting in and out of it. So if you can financially afford it and can fit in it and you don't mind the long wait get it. Worst thing if you don't like it, you can easily sell it and probably make a profit.

Another Southwest FL poster! That's one good thing with all these old people down here in Southwest FL you can find lots of good used older corvettes like yours with very low miles on them. heck even Mustangs and Camaros in normal times you can find lots of them with low miles.

Old guys buy these performance cars but then they have troubles getting in and out of them and unload them.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:05 PM   #32
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlackCamaroSS View Post
Hey guys and girls, I was wondering if I could get your opinions. I love my Camaro and it's power (650whp) and sound but I have an opportunity to build a C8 for next year (2022 model). I love the look of the new vette and the mid engine but haven't got to try out the different seats options to know how comfy/uncomfortable they might be. Wife also loves the new vette in Orange but they are changing that color and don't know what it looks like in person (just the pictures).

Basically what i'm asking is if you could get a new vette, is it worth it to part ways with the Camaro with those unknowns of the color and seats. Thanks
C8 is gorgeous. I’ve owned 9 Vettes in the last 16 years, and currently enjoying driving a ZL1 M6 Vert after selling high on my C7 Z06. I technically have a 2021 on order (only 1100 status) and price protected but I’m still torn. I am REALLY enjoying my ZL1 but some practical matters are annoying, like trunk space, etc.

I’m 260 6’4” and fit fine in the C8 HTC and have sat in a few. My head hit the B pillar in the coupe. I think the stock C8 5 spoke rims blow. The Spectra Gray or black Trident rims look cool...but the black ones are only available as an extra set, and that too blows.

Follow what makes your heart go pitter patter.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:47 AM   #33
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Another Southwest FL poster! That's one good thing with all these old people down here in Southwest FL you can find lots of good used older corvettes like yours with very low miles on them. heck even Mustangs and Camaros in normal times you can find lots of them with low miles.

Old guys buy these performance cars but then they have troubles getting in and out of them and unload them.
And some of these old guys are very affluent as well and have 2 or more homes, one being in SW Florida. And they leave their "Condo" cars down here and they get hardly any miles on them. I have 3 examples- my 2016 Camaro 1LT, V6, manual 6 speed I bought in 2019 had only 6K miles on it- was a prior lease. My 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 six, manual 5 speed I bought 3 years ago with only 18K miles on it. And my recent 2006 C6 Corvette, with only 28K on the clock. And I got a deal on the Camaro and the C6, not the Wrangler- that was and still is worth big bucks- very rare and hard to find a TJ one owner with such low miles like I found down here.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:14 PM   #34
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
And some of these old guys are very affluent as well and have 2 or more homes, one being in SW Florida. And they leave their "Condo" cars down here and they get hardly any miles on them. I have 3 examples- my 2016 Camaro 1LT, V6, manual 6 speed I bought in 2019 had only 6K miles on it- was a prior lease. My 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 six, manual 5 speed I bought 3 years ago with only 18K miles on it. And my recent 2006 C6 Corvette, with only 28K on the clock. And I got a deal on the Camaro and the C6, not the Wrangler- that was and still is worth big bucks- very rare and hard to find a TJ one owner with such low miles like I found down here.
Our "other" cars are Wranglers. We own a 2018 JL Rubicon and a 2012 JK Sport. Wranglers have always held their value. I could probably sell the JK for what I paid for it 2+ years ago in a heartbeat.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:13 AM   #35
13BlackCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
With the new c8 hitting 100k on up, even for a used one I'd rather just go buy a C7 Z06 corvette. Fast and it's the better looking C7 design.

I'd take a C7 Z06 or ZR1 over any C8.

I know the C8 NA engine is amazing peformance wise but the design of the car I don't dig at all.
I just looked at a dealer with 3 C7 Z06s and the cheapest was $83,900 for a 2016. That's retarded price when I can order a C8 for less as I'VE spec'd out 3 and they all less then that.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 05:17 AM   #36
13BlackCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
C8 is gorgeous. I’ve owned 9 Vettes in the last 16 years, and currently enjoying driving a ZL1 M6 Vert after selling high on my C7 Z06. I technically have a 2021 on order (only 1100 status) and price protected but I’m still torn. I am REALLY enjoying my ZL1 but some practical matters are annoying, like trunk space, etc.

I’m 260 6’4” and fit fine in the C8 HTC and have sat in a few. My head hit the B pillar in the coupe. I think the stock C8 5 spoke rims blow. The Spectra Gray or black Trident rims look cool...but the black ones are only available as an extra set, and that too blows.

Follow what makes your heart go pitter patter.
Ya none of the wheel options are like "wow" so might just save that cost and go aftermarket.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote