#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #57
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Really? A single turbo Honda Civic running 9s is probably 20k for the turbo kit and supporting parts alone

And I like to see a video of you running 9s on a 2011 ZX-10R
Im sure you can find videos or a list of a stock 2011 ZX10 going 9s.

Last edited by Vigilante375; 01-29-2021 at 05:16 PM.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:14 AM   #58
Yves ZL1

Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
That’ s started à long time ago here in europe and there are more and more elctrical car... the trouble is that our old car (before 2005 diesel and before 1998 petrol .. yeah...it’ s an old car..) aren’t allowed anymore in big cities and it becomes the same in less important towns..
politics surtaxe also the cars as the zl1 or all powerfull cars... it’s the end of our cars
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #59
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves ZL1 View Post
That’ s started à long time ago here in europe and there are more and more elctrical car... the trouble is that our old car (before 2005 diesel and before 1998 petrol .. yeah...it’ s an old car..) aren’t allowed anymore in big cities and it becomes the same in less important towns..
politics surtaxe also the cars as the zl1 or all powerfull cars... it’s the end of our cars
This is what they are planning for us in America. The progressive left wants to mirror the European model. It starts with the cancelation of the Keystone pipe line, reducing the availability of oil and gasoline. Restricting drilling and exploration. Forcing us to give up gas powered cars and choose a an electric alternative. Next thing is they will be reducing the number of gas stations. Making it as difficult to own and operate fossil fuel powered vehicles. Basically government mandated elimination of the fossil fuel industry and infrastructure.

Vote accordingly.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:32 PM   #60
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
This is what they are planning for us in America. The progressive left wants to mirror the European model. It starts with the cancelation of the Keystone pipe line, reducing the availability of oil and gasoline. Restricting drilling and exploration. Forcing us to give up gas powered cars and choose a an electric alternative. Next thing is they will be reducing the number of gas stations. Making it as difficult to own and operate fossil fuel powered vehicles. Basically government mandated elimination of the fossil fuel industry and infrastructure.

Vote accordingly.
Perfectly stated.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:05 PM   #61
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post

Vote accordingly.
I agree with your statements too Mister Will!
Old 02-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #62
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
I imagine similar discussions happening when the PC replaced the typewriter.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:32 PM   #63
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Waiting for the ZL1 LT5 variant or the flat plane Z06 to show up, then I have my swan song gas injected car to laugh at the soulless Electrics with for years. Faster? Who cares. If we're counting the fastest things out there with no sports car soul, I can get on a Delta plane any day.
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #64
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Also, Tesla does not make a profit on its cars. They make profit by selling their emission credits to other manufacturers. The cars are total losers.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/02/...-selling-cars/
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:47 PM   #65
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I imagine similar discussions happening when the PC replaced the typewriter.
The PC wasn't forced down the throats of typewriter users by government. Intelligent people recognized an innovation and gravitated towards it. Simple.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:50 PM   #66
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
The PC wasn't forced down the throats of typewriter users by government. Intelligent people recognized an innovation and gravitated towards it. Simple.

FRRREEEEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMM!!!!!
Old 02-02-2021, 10:40 AM   #67
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
The typewriter wasn't replaced. People simply stopped using it, because PC word processing was much easier and simply better. So they simply switched to PCs and forgot about the typewriter. Just like they did with the horse for the automobile.

Currently EVs are not the equivalent to fossil fuel burning vehicles. Mean while, our entire energy and transportation infrastructure revolves around fossil fuels. This will not change or be resolved in 15 years.

The implications of soundless, and zero- emissions transportation are wonderful. But at present we don't have the vehicles or the infrastructure to do this. With Germany going zero-emissions, which consequently have some of the finest automobile manufacturers in the world. Perhaps these EV shortcomings will be resolved.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:45 AM   #68
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
FRRREEEEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMM!!!!!
Is that you William Wallace?
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:25 AM   #69
Chevca

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS
The problem is we are a free market, mandate all you want but if they won't sell in the volumes they need to be financially viable it all goes away. I would also let my elected official know too, I think this climate issue can be addressed without asking me the already financially strained working-class individual to buy a new expensive gadget. The government and corporations have far deeper pockets than I do and they can spend and/or lose a bit from their bottom lines to fix this problem.

I'll add that there was an article that I can't seem to find that came out only a few years ago. It compared the diesel push from I think the 70 or 80's that didn't really pan out in the US to EV's. The similarity was that by 2019 we had a few economical options in the US for 10 years, the Nissan Leaf for example which has been an EV you can buy for around 30-25K. But like Diesel, people just haven't been buying them in anywhere near the volume anyone has expected or the EV crowds want. Diesel suffered a similar fate, it was touted as the next alternative energy solution, and just about everything was available with one but nobody bought them and they eventually went away.

The one part of all of this that nobody has talked about is the electrical infrastructure or specifically the power at people's homes. I live near Milwaukee in a home built in the '60s like many homes from that time it has 100 amp service and doesn't have the capability of charging an EV outside or in the garage. I know Chicago isn't much different, and to add credibility to these statements I worked with Tesla briefly in a technical role so I have a basic understanding of what's necessary to charge one of these things. Nobody is talking about how or who will pay for that aspect of supporting these upgrades or how to supplement them if they are just not possible since some people may not live somewhere with a place to install anything as they park on a city street every night.

Last edited by Chevca; 02-04-2021 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added more notes and reference to article
Chevca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:58 AM   #70
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 650 View Post
Touche! I spent almost 19 years in the electric power industry as a financial analyst. The grid is in rough shape...(more than any of you could imagine...or want to know about)...and then to expect it to fuel all of our cars? And what happens when there is a power outage...because that never happens and a whole country of electric cars would seriously strain the system daily. Do we all just stay home that day or week or month until they restore the power? Throw utility reliability out the window...LOL

I look at this article as GM saying what is environmental safe to say but to actually pull this off will take way more than just GM...all the power companies across America will have to be ready. I remember back when electric cars starting getting popular...we did a study for our PSC on what it would cost to provide the necessary metered charging stations and the cost was astronomical and that was just our service area. Now you need it all across America...who is going to pay for that? The return from the Electric car customers is not enough to pay for all that infrastructure.

Great idea for the economy and the planet but not realistic in my mind. Another way to look at...it is what they call a corporate "stretch" goal but the reality may end up being something closer to 50% of the fleet???

Just my 2 cents!
Who is going to pay for it? The government is going to pay for it, of course! Free college, free insurance even if you aren't a legal resident here, stay at home and don't work... Everything will be decided for you and paid for you by just printing more money. "Who's going to pay for it?" Now that's a question that shouldn't even be asked, you're supposed to be a mindless follower of what the government tells you now! They know what's best for you! LOL All kidding aside, I think what bothers me the most about this whole situation is that it's an all-or-nothing mentality. It's WE ARE ONLY MAKING ALL EV BY 2035 AND THAT'S THAT! Well, what if I don't want to buy an electric car? I don't like the idea that I am being essentially forced to buy something that I simply don't want. I don't see the infrastructure being ready to handle this in just a short 14 yrs and therefore see this as a bad business decision to put all your eggs in one basket especially when said basket isn't ready to support all those eggs! Time will tell and I will have my popcorn ready to watch how this all unfolds. Just as long as I can drive my ZLE like I do now years from now, that's all I really care about at the end of the day.
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote