Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-18-2020, 01:17 PM   #15
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
OP, where do you park your car? How far is it away from where you live? Can you see your car from your home? Are you in a house or apartment?
No my car is right outside in a parking lot of a High Rise Condo complex. I can look down on it.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #16
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
I’ve had one since November! Any specific questions you have?

My questions are....How do you like it? Is it easy to use? Can I log into my pc and track the location or see if so one is tampering with it.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:46 PM   #17
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
My questions are....How do you like it? Is it easy to use? Can I log into my pc and track the location or see if so one is tampering with it.
It’s been awesome! It’s a simple plug and play system that connects to your phone. It does have a real time GPS tracker and sends notifications for any vibrations detected, hard braking events, hard accelerating events, along with speeding alerts.

Some things I do want to mention is that this plugs into your OBD II port. Not a big deal if you don’t have a throttle controller or an AFM range device that’s plugged into your OBD.

If you got any other questions please let me know!
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #18
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
It’s been awesome! It’s a simple plug and play system that connects to your phone. It does have a real time GPS tracker and sends notifications for any vibrations detected, hard braking events, hard accelerating events, along with speeding alerts.

Some things I do want to mention is that this plugs into your OBD II port. Not a big deal if you don’t have a throttle controller or an AFM range device that’s plugged into your OBD.

If you got any other questions please let me know!
I have a TC, it doesn't use the OBD port so that should be no issue. My concern is since it plugs into your ODB how does it effect Battery current drain?
Old 06-15-2020, 02:22 PM   #19
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Hey peeples...I just found this. What do you think? I have an old Cell phone too that I don't use.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:02 PM   #20
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I have a TC, it doesn't use the OBD port so that should be no issue. My concern is since it plugs into your ODB how does it effect Battery current drain?
I never had an issue with battery drainage. One feature I forgot to mention is that the device measures your battery voltage with a low voltage alert. The device also has a built in battery when the car is shut off.
Attached Images

Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 10:42 AM   #21
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Was looking at the Carlock website and saw that it can "save money on your insurance" - causing me to wonder if their terms of service allow them to disclose info to databases that might cause a negative impact on insurance rates, as discussed in the Big Brother thread re OnStar and Lexis Nexus:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610488
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 12:10 AM   #22
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Theft deterrents I use:
1) a garage with cameras
2) manual trans
3) remote kill switch (amazon $30)
4) locking lug nuts (all 20 have splines so each has to be taken off with the key)
5) keys kept in a Faraday box

Of course these are only to keep the honest thieves honest. A proficient thief clones your key(if not in a Faraday box) and if they can't their buddy who owns a flat bed just backs up to your car and in 30 seconds it's gone.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 12:43 AM   #23
grgus73

Drives: 2024 Silverado 2500, 2018 Trax
My Camaro sits in my garage at my condo, but my truck is in my car port. I have 3 Arlos pointing at it. Have locking lugs, and lug key is inside next to the keys. The Arlos beep on my iPad if they detect anything and wake me up.

The truck also has a truck cover that is bungeed at the bottom. It is a pretty good theft deterrent too.
I also have 2 German Shepherd dogs that wake me if they hear anything.
grgus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 12:48 AM   #24
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
On Star Geo-fence alerts

One I forgot to mention is on-star. You can see your cars parked location and then create a geofence(set location under the 3 little dots). You will get a text when your car leaves the perimeter. You can also add other contacts/friends/family to receive the text as well. I just used it when I was in Cleveland and had to park the car in a structure.

At one time I had a GPS tracker called spytech. I hid it behind the trunk interior and mounted it to the rear quarter panel behind the battery. $17 on Amazon. Monthly fee is $30. But for the same price you can have Onstars basic plan and get TPMS alerts, monthly diagnostic and other free crap I don't remember. I have 10 years free of diagnostic reports and the tracking of hard stops fast acceleration through the My Chevrolet Smart driver app. Came with the car in 2018. Its fun because I strive for a driving score of 0 because being a safe driver is boring :-). Its never been reported to my insurance company as you can tell the app not to. It's a known fact that all these tracking services monitor your data and sell them to 3rd parties.

Another forum member I met on here at a Camaro rally of sorts worked for a defense and aerospace company. Part of that company's description in laymen terms was to keep bad people from acquiring data from sensitive systems regarding our countries defense. What I learned from him is that ALL of our cars without our knowledge communicate with each when in a given proximity. So yes, when you are sitting at a light and another Camaro, Tahoe, Cadillac pullls up next you information is transferred between cars and at some point that info is mined back to GM. How they do it, or what they do with it was privy info he could not relay. Given his credentials and working for the government I have no reason to believe this is false info.

So I don't sweat too much what spytech or onstar knows because no matter how "private" and protected you are....they will always find a way.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote