Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #183
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
[QUOTE=fbodfather;
(..........did I mention that it's a great time to be a Camaro enthusiast?)[/QUOTE]

Indeeeeeeeeeeeed!
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #184
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
GM, please add Opulent Blue to the Camaro line-up and dump Blue Ray Metallic.

Sincerely,
Not a disciple, but a loyal customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
While I am very happy "they" listened and brought back a blue, I do fear the blue chosen may not sell very well and once again we will hear, "see, Blue just doesn't sell."

Maybe this is another Blue that looks far better in person than the few small images seen... if it is, maybe I'll reconsider a ZL1 vert (I'm still a little burned by the whole top issue thing). A true, medium-ish blue and I would likely have called City Chevy today and gotten in line for a pre-order. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I want to "fourth" this.

Opulent blue would be a logical choice. Dark enough to appease the dark blue fans, and light enough to appease the light blue fans methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
Damn right. That is gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
No dude, GM isn't releasing Opulent Blue for the new Camaro. For model year 2013, the Camaro's new blue is Blue Ray Metallic which is a much darker, more gray blue, than Opulent Blue. If you've ever seen the SEMA Camaro "Dusk" concept, that is what Blue Ray Metallic is going to look like.

All of us are simply saying that Opulent Blue SHOULD be the new blue for Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Opulent blue would be MUCH MUCH better than the unbelievably boring "your grandparent's car's color" blue ray metallic. The Camaro is such an exciting car to look at, why in the world did the people at GM who choose the colors choose such a sleep-inducing color as that??! When I look at the color charts of House of Kolor there are SO MANY exciting shades of blue to choose from....why choose one that so UN-exciting??

SCOTT.... tell the guys to STOP BEING SO CONSERVATIVE!!! Camaro sales are on fire; the style and design is on fire; the performance of the ZL1 and new 1LE are on fire, so pick a blue that's ON FIRE TOO.

Look at the blues in these pics:

Attachment 354802

Attachment 354803

Put a BLUE FIRE color on a Camaro and watch the reaction. Paint one car; just one for a test, and put it out in the sun next to that "dusk" color you guys chose and see which one people go to. Now put the same two cars under a street light, or in a showroom under halogens and see which blue car people go to. I guarantee they won't even see the "It's night time I'm going to sleep now" dusk blue car.

Stop putting boring "your grandparent's sedan" colors on Camaros! It's not about "pleasing everybody", it's about pleasing enough people to sell the car in that color. I can pretty much guarantee that the sales of that sedative blue are not going to be good because it takes an exciting car and does it's best to make it look UN-exciting. Look at what people do to their Camaros on C5; Camaro owners are NOT boring customers who want boring cars covered in boring colors!

Sorry for the rant but the Camaro is such a fantastic car it deserves fantastic colors!

I'd get mine repainted Opulent Blue in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #185
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post

I'd get mine repainted Opulent Blue in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
I like this idea.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #186
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Opulent, Camaro not has it
Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #187
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Opulent blue would be MUCH MUCH better than the unbelievably boring "your grandparent's car's color" blue ray metallic. The Camaro is such an exciting car to look at, why in the world did the people at GM who choose the colors choose such a sleep-inducing color as that??! When I look at the color charts of House of Kolor there are SO MANY exciting shades of blue to choose from....why choose one that so UN-exciting??

SCOTT.... tell the guys to STOP BEING SO CONSERVATIVE!!! Camaro sales are on fire; the style and design is on fire; the performance of the ZL1 and new 1LE are on fire, so pick a blue that's ON FIRE TOO.

Attachment 354802

Attachment 354803

Put a BLUE FIRE color on a Camaro and watch the reaction. Paint one car; just one for a test, and put it out in the sun next to that "dusk" color you guys chose and see which one people go to. Now put the same two cars under a street light, or in a showroom under halogens and see which blue car people go to. I guarantee they won't even see the "It's night time I'm going to sleep now" dusk blue car.

Stop putting boring "your grandparent's sedan" colors on Camaros! It's not about "pleasing everybody", it's about pleasing enough people to sell the car in that color. I can pretty much guarantee that the sales of that sedative blue are not going to be good because it takes an exciting car and does it's best to make it look UN-exciting. Look at what people do to their Camaros on C5; Camaro owners are NOT boring customers who want boring cars covered in boring colors!

Sorry for the rant but the Camaro is such a fantastic car it deserves fantastic colors!

Well stated.

I thought I loved the sleepytime blue on the Dusk car but now that I keep looking at it, you're right. It makes me tired.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #188
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Now that you mention it, I think my grandfather's station wagon was a color very similar to dusk blue. I would like to jump on the Opulent Blue Bandwagon. I put in my 2 cents about that color on the Camaro to Scott last week. I am one of those who is looking to trade up to an SS but I want a blue that jumps out at you, not one that makes you sleepy!

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #189
Wakemaker89

Drives: 2020 Summit White LT1 M6
Send a message via Skype™ to Wakemaker89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Opulent, Camaro not has it
hahahaha I heard from a friend who heard from a friend who said he heard from the fbodfather that the the new 2013 camaros are going to have an option to add a miniature giraffe decal to the headrests!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #190
live2drive

Drives: 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
Quote:

Camaro needs a vibrant, eye popping blue. Not "sleepytime" blue!
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #191
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

Attachment 354802

Attachment 354803

Wow, the blues in the pics would be utterly amazing.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #192
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
The race team picked a sharp blue for the new DP Corvette. Put some Xirralic metallic flake in this color and it was be an awesome Camaro color. Or just bring back ABM. A ZL1 in this color or ABM would be incredible.

Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #193
Three of Swords

Drives: 2011 IBM 1SS/RS L99
I'm a fan of blue--I've owned one non-blue vehicle over the last 24 years (and that one was brown that I did a lot of body-work to and had repainted blue!)

If this new 'blue' was the only blue option on the camaro, I'd have gone with a non-blue color. And while I probably still would have bought a Camaro, I would have had to think twice about it.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #194
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
I'm a fan of blue--I've owned one non-blue vehicle over the last 24 years (and that one was brown that I did a lot of body-work to and had repainted blue!)

If this new 'blue' was the only blue option on the camaro, I'd have gone with a non-blue color. And while I probably still would have bought a Camaro, I would have had to think twice about it.
I'd have probably bought RJT. After giving it a lot of pause and looking at a Cruze RS in electric blue instead

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #195
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
The race team picked a sharp blue for the new DP Corvette. Put some Xirralic metallic flake in this color and it was be an awesome Camaro color. Or just bring back ABM. A ZL1 in this color or ABM would be incredible.

Was thinking the same thing…. an ABM ZL1… Yeah I'd trade in my ABM SS for that LOL but thats about it

The blue on that caddy is amazing as well… Thank god it was not available on the CTS V when the 2010 came out ….. I would have had one heck of a hard time deciding LOL
2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #196
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I agree about ABM on the ZL1
Attached Images