Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-01-2021, 02:28 PM   #15
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 2 XS View Post
I always use the Adams Waterless Wash on the wrap-its perfect for that-its more like a detailer w/a lubricant -works great on the rest of the car too -$9.95 only
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Does it keep the wrap the same finish or does it give a glossy appearance.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #16
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Agreed 100%. The only reason I had my bike ceramic coated was because my buddy who does auto detailing and details my vehicles, had extra ceramic left from a job and did my bike for free.
When you say bike, do you mean motorcycle or bicycle?
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:01 PM   #17
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
motorcycle. He has a Harley IIRC.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #18
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
motorcycle. He has a Harley IIRC.
... Correct...! The bike was ceramic coated, but all the black on my bike is matte black.

jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:15 AM   #19
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
... Correct...! The bike was ceramic coated, but all the black on my bike is matte black.

That is a nice bike. Is that a burnt orange? Difficult to tell by the photo. My bike is burnt orange and black.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:54 AM   #20
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
That is a nice bike. Is that a burnt orange? Difficult to tell by the photo. My bike is burnt orange and black.
Thanks... I wanted it back in '18 when Harley released it, but I was patient and found a lightly used one for over $12,000 cheaper.

It's not technically "burnt orange" as I had that on an '82 Celica/Supra back in the day. The technical name is called Orange Lava. It's a brighter orange then burnt orange and has a metal flake in it. It's just a beautiful color. I could let it sit in the garage forever and just stare at it. Well I could do that with the Hyper Blue Metallic of my SS too.. LOL. I can't see myself selling either one of these toys, I truly feel I found and bought the vehicles of my dreams. I just wish I would have bought a slightly higher trim level when I got my Tahoe.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:55 PM   #21
Ghost_White

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
As a guy that picked up a 2019 1LE in February from a dealer in SD, let me give my experience with my matte wrap. After getting it home in Detroit, I had to wait 2 weeks for the weather to break so that I could clean up my car. I quickly realized that someone had written "wash me" in my wrap. Once someone runs their fingers over the wrap if it's dirty, it's toast. I highly recommend Geon ceramic for vinyl. I'm waiting on my new wrap to be installed by the dealer as it's starting to bubble, so it's warrantied...just can't get the body shop to call me on it.

One other word of advise, car wash soap and water can be used, but DO NOT wash in the sun!!!!! You will streak it and those will be permanent as well. Follow up cleaning with Adam's Matte Detailer.
Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:15 AM   #22
zeroed

Drives: Chev ZO6
Anyone use a battery polisher/buffer recommendations- was looking at Makita, Dewalt and Flex … big money$$$
zeroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #23
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroed View Post
Anyone use a battery polisher/buffer recommendations- was looking at Makita, Dewalt and Flex … big money$$$
Are you referring to maintenance on a vinyl wrap? You absolutely do not want to polish that in any way. There is no good battery powered polisher/buffer that I am aware of, unless you get into the serious ones ($$$).

What are you looking to accomplish and what is you level of skill in terms of paint correction?
Old 09-04-2021, 10:37 PM   #24
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroed View Post

I am a pro mobile detailer and I have looked into rechargeable polishers. Not only are they super expensive, that price usually doesn't include batteries, and you would want 2 of them.

That being said, I've test driven the Flex and its really nice.

On mobile jobs, I personally use corded polishers (Makita PO5000C, Griots G8, Flex PE 14-2) plugged into an inverter connected to 3 deep cycle batteries and a solar panel.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:42 AM   #25
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer works well too.
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:37 AM   #26
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Not a professional detailer but it’s a serious hobby for me. Gonna start with Chemical Guys are mediocre at best but are decent for the money.

If I had matte paint/wrap to care for it would be DR Beasley’s. More expensive but a hell of a better product and they have an extensive line of matte products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:45 AM   #27
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_White View Post

One other word of advise, car wash soap and water can be used, but DO NOT wash in the sun!!!!! You will streak it and those will be permanent as well. Follow up cleaning with Adam's Matte Detailer.
I wash the hood LAST and dry immediately, hot days, in direct sun, many times, no streaks, no issues. Just car wash (Zaino) and water, no chemicals, treatments, etc. Your results may vary.....
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:01 AM   #28
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
I've heard good things about the Dr. Beasley products.
I used this product on my 2012 SS RS that had water spots on the factory stripes, did a pretty good job but this time I used matt finish PPF on the wrapped hood and it still looks brand new a little over 2 years later.
pauly1119 is online now   Reply With Quote