Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2016, 09:47 PM   #15
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Nothing but compliments all around. Get lots of stares from other muscle car owners and ricers.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:48 PM   #16
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
Some people are just jealous or have to say something negative. One of my coworkers said that I should of bought a real car, so I said oh yeah what's a real car. His response was a mustang haha
You must work with "The Pill". I would have given an uncontrollable guffaw and said jackass before my mental buffer had a chance to kick in.

I've gotten nothing but compliments, thumbs up, and stares. Young boys absolutely love the car. Catch tons of husbands driving family sedans with the Mrs in the passenger seat staring longingly. I had a guy stop in a parking lot as I was getting out of my car ask "what the hell car is that?". Have literally had people stop and point as I drive by. And, I had a jiffy lube guy stop waving his $19.95 oil change sign and drop-jaw stare as I drove by. Pizza delivery guy asked "Dude is that the new camaro?" as I was opening the door.

Talked with the pizza guy for a few minutes.... 20 something year old. There are still car guys contrary to popular media.

Had Easter dinner with the family. As we were all leaving my wife asked my 2 year old nephew if he wanted to ride in the sports car. My nephews eyes got huge and he ran towards my car and proceeded to climb in the passengers seat. I think the appeal of sports cars is genetic.

The one thing I have gotten on multiple occassions is "why didn't you get the V8?". But, that's only after I tell them that it's the V6.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 03-31-2016 at 10:02 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:55 PM   #17
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
You must work with "The Pill". I would have given an uncontrollable guffaw and said jackass before my mental buffer had a chance to kick in.

I've gotten nothing but compliments, thumbs up, and stares. Young boys absolutely love the car. Catch tons of husbands driving family sedans with the Mrs in the passenger seat staring longingly. I had a guy stop in a parking lot as I was getting out of my car ask "what the hell car is that?". Have literally had people stop and point as I drive by. And, I had a jiffy lube guy stop waving his $19.95 oil change sign and drop-jaw stare as I drove by. Pizza delivery guy asked "Dude is that the new camaro?" as I was opening the door. Talked with the pizza guy for a few minutes.... Was definitely a car guy.

The one thing I have gotten on multiple occassions is "why didn't you get the V8?".
I definitely see a lot of heads turning. About half the Mustang guy will turn their heads real quick when you catch them looking. Lol
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:56 PM   #18
meb91

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Yeah I didn't mean to say that women don't like it at all - plenty that I know personally have told me they loved the car. I just haven't seen any stares from female strangers yet.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:58 PM   #19
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Yea I've gotten the v8 by other enthusiasts. My v6 is basically as powerful as my 4th gen ls1.

They can eat it. Much happier with it than my previous v8 cameros
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:17 PM   #20
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Nothing but an insane(positive) response. The car breaks necks inside and out...

I wasn't even expecting it and got this car for ME as I know all/most of you did... but it is surreal. The car looks insanely better in person than it does online and that's saying a lot for how already photogenic it is.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:30 PM   #21
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
This is not a chic car. The design is extremely masculine. But then again that's what happens when you deal with people that don't know much about cars. They will say things and sometimes it's best just to nod your ahead and agree even you know they're not right.
If you go by sales numbers, I'm pretty sure both the Camaro and Mustang are "chick cars" in that more women buy them than men. In my area, there are a lot of women who drive Camaros. It's just that they are 6 cylinders, they don't really show off much, and they don't talk about it. It's the men who buy the v8's to make it into a pissing challenge and tend to talk more on forums, so you get an unrealistic perspective when you come on a site like this.

Chicks have taste though, so it's not like it's an insult. Women make sure their men dress well, right? So if they approve of this car, it's a form of praise.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:42 PM   #22
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
If you go by sales numbers, I'm pretty sure both the Camaro and Mustang are "chick cars" in that more women buy them than men. In my area, there are a lot of women who drive Camaros. It's just that they are 6 cylinders, they don't really show off much, and they don't talk about it. It's the men who buy the v8's to make it into a pissing challenge and tend to talk more on forums, so you get an unrealistic perspective when you come on a site like this.

Chicks have taste though, so it's not like it's an insult. Women make sure their men dress well, right? So if they approve of this car, it's a form of praise.
Yeah I don't see too many women in the New England area driving Camaros. But where you live obviously there's a difference.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:06 PM   #23
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Yea I've gotten the v8 by other enthusiasts. My v6 is basically as powerful as my 4th gen ls1.

They can eat it. Much happier with it than my previous v8 cameros
Yes, the 6th gen has more hp with the v6 vs 4th gen LT1 and it truly feels like a great engine. I have 0 complaints and I love pushing past 5000 rpm's. This new V6 is linear with the power application and revs to 7000 rpm's...... It pulls well and begs for the revs. I catch myself cruising in 2nd or 3rd at 3000 rpm's regularly. (Oops shift)

That said its still a V6..... Torque please. The 4th gen LT1 and the later LS1 were torque monsters. Punch it in 1st and the tires are spinning and any passenger was white knuckling. The V6 is missing that torque and that crap your pants white knuckle torque.

What Chevy did nail.... This cars power is linear and substantial above 3000 rpm's. It's kinda like what was always said about the s2000. Keep them rpm's up and the car is fast as hell. Having the car for 4 months I can truly see why Chevy decided to do a 1LE V6. It's the kind of car and engine to make a racing series with.... Ie Miata racing (just faster).
Old 03-31-2016, 11:33 PM   #24
Gambina

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Great compliments. The most ill get for bad is "Im not a camaro guy" and i just say thats ashame and peel out.
Gambina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:24 AM   #25
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
A lot of compliments and stares with the exception of a 2014 Mustang GT owner in my unit who doesn't like Camaro's. As much as I liked my 5th Gen 2SS...it doesn't compare to how I feel about my 2016 Camaro 1SS. The 6th gen is faster, handles better, better seat of the pants driving experience, and looks better IMO!
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:43 AM   #26
5_Star_General

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black Metallic Camaro 2SS
I've had mine for 3 months and have had people pull up next to me and make positive comments about the car. The first was a Subie owner who stopped next to me while I was at a light and he was traveling in the opposite direction to tell me how mean the car looks in person. A couple days ago a guy in a Tahoe pulled up next to me and said "I was the man" because of the Camaro. I can't recall ever having someone go out of their way to make a comment about my car to me. It's happened with previous cars at gas pumps but never on the road.
5_Star_General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:46 AM   #27
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
5 people have come to talk to me about it.

12 people have taken photos / selfies while I have been sitting near it.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:04 AM   #28
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
I got more negative comments about my car then good. I got two guys tell me that it's a chic car. I don't pay attention to anyone and plus the two guys that said that have no clue what the 6 gen is all about.
Sounds like they're jealous sacks of shiiiit driving "souped up"grand marquis that their invalid gramps handed down to them- modding it like they did their stang back when they peaked in HS.

This is a chic car like a running back in the NFL is a female.
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote