Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-21-2016, 08:51 AM   #15
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Could also have a bad tire seperating. Had this in my work truck at highway speeds only and had a road force balance test done and found the tread on a fairly new tire was bad. So to the OP I would have a road force balance performed.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #16
Clark Grizwald
Brewmaster

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2015 Tundra 1794
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Could also have a bad tire seperating. Had this in my work truck at highway speeds only and had a road force balance test done and found the tread on a fairly new tire was bad. So to the OP I would have a road force balance performed.
I am going try this
Thx
Old 10-24-2016, 11:17 PM   #17
247EVL

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Have you tried checking the run out on the ends of each rear axle shaft? You should raise the rear of your car, support it with axle stands and remove the tires. To check the axial run out of the rear axle shaft, use a dial indicator and magnetic base so that you can position the dial indicator to the face of the rear hub assembly. Rotate the axle and observe the axial run out. If there is a lot of axial (side to side) run out then that could explain the vibration you feel. You can use the same method to check the front hubs as well.
247EVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #18
Clark Grizwald
Brewmaster

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2015 Tundra 1794
diff was a few ozs low! topped it off on level ground and no more vibration over 80......hit 100 yesterday with no vibration issues
Old 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #19
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Grizwald View Post
diff was a few ozs low! topped it off on level ground and no more vibration over 80......hit 100 yesterday with no vibration issues
I had some noise issues coming from the passenger side. Now I just don't take her with me and no more annoying sounds.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote