#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-06-2022, 02:44 PM   #57
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroking98 View Post
Car has officially been dropped off. Wish me luck gentlemen!!
Congrats. It’ll be a different animal when you get it back.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:59 PM   #58
Camaroking98

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Congrats. It’ll be a different animal when you get it back.
I'm sure hoping so! I would love it if I could get the performance back that I essentially lost from the altitude and then a little more.
Camaroking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:51 PM   #59
Camaroking98

Ok, so my car still isn't back yet. Communication has been terrible in my opinion. I've had to be the one to reach and ask for updates. I dropped off the car on Monday June 6th and I still don't have it back.

The first issue was apparently they ordered or were sent wrong parts by texas speed.

The second issue was that the nick williams 103 throttle body was not opening properly and giving "engine reduced power".

The guy then told me that the stock throttle body and intake should work fine and it was literally on the dyno today. But later tells me that it would only make a little more power than stock...mind you I have headers, cam, and smaller pulley added additionally and he told me that it wasn't gonna make more power...

He then tells me that the reason that the 103 throttle body won't work is that it's choking on the air and that the supercharger needs to be ported so that the additional air can get through and can make the power it should.

My car has been at this shop for 3 full weeks...he says that if I'm lucky my car should be done next friday making it a full month without my car.

To refresh everyone...my build is simply headers, intake, throttle body, upper pulley, and cam. Am I being unreasonable in being upset the build isn't done yet?

Should I be worried that they don't know what they're doing?
Old 06-24-2022, 08:00 PM   #60
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Ok, so my car still isn't back yet. Communication has been terrible in my opinion. I've had to be the one to reach and ask for updates. I dropped off the car on Monday June 6th and I still don't have it back.

The first issue was apparently they ordered or were sent wrong parts by texas speed.

The second issue was that the nick williams 103 throttle body was not opening properly and giving "engine reduced power".

The guy then told me that the stock throttle body and intake should work fine and it was literally on the dyno today. But later tells me that it would only make a little more power than stock...mind you I have headers, cam, and smaller pulley added additionally and he told me that it wasn't gonna make more power...

He then tells me that the reason that the 103 throttle body won't work is that it's choking on the air and that the supercharger needs to be ported so that the additional air can get through and can make the power it should.

My car has been at this shop for 3 full weeks...he says that if I'm lucky my car should be done next friday making it a full month without my car.

To refresh everyone...my build is simply headers, intake, throttle body, upper pulley, and cam. Am I being unreasonable in being upset the build isn't done yet?

You are not being unreasonable in the slightest, and sadly I think i would be pretty worried right now. All that is very concerning.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:09 PM   #61
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
You are not being unreasonable in the slightest, and sadly I think i would be pretty worried right now. All that is very concerning.
I'm pretty worried. Tbh I've got half a mind when I get it back to immediately go to a dealer and sell it.

I've got equity in the car and the market is still high for the time being. I might just say F*** it and get a tesla. I'm sick of people not knowing how to work on cars when it's literally their job.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:15 PM   #62
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I'm pretty worried. Tbh I've got half a mind when I get it back to immediately go to a dealer and sell it.

I've got equity in the car and the market is still high for the time being. I might just say F*** it and get a tesla. I'm sick of people not knowing how to work on cars when it's literally their job.
At a minimum I would send it to a reputable shop to be checked out and retuned before I even felt comfortable driving it.

Sorry man, sounds like a real nightmare.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:26 PM   #63
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
At a minimum I would send it to a reputable shop to be checked out and retuned before I even felt comfortable driving it.

Sorry man, sounds like a real nightmare.
You have no idea lol. I've been having to walk everywhere. It was cute for the first week...but now I'm annoyed.

The car is my daily. I'm not building a race car by any means. Just wanted a bit more power with the same reliability.

This month has just been terrible as a whole and this has not helped.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:35 PM   #64
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Mofab in Parker has one of the best GM tuners in the area. He has tuned mine 3 times after I did mods. I highly recommend. If you want to get it checked out by another tuner, it’s an option.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:39 PM   #65
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Mofab in Parker has one of the best GM tuners in the area. He has tuned mine 3 times after I did mods. I highly recommend. If you want to get it checked out by another tuner, it’s an option.
One of my new friends here recommended finish line in denver. I was gonna call tomorrow and explain my situation and see what he thinks.

Anybody heard of them?
Old 06-24-2022, 09:08 PM   #66
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Yes. Not because of the the elapsed time but the problems they quote—while receiving wrong or broken parts is possible, the dyno results and the throttle body problem makes it look like it's their first time working on this (or a similar) combo. I'd give them a reasonable deadline and if that isn't met, I'd walk.

On that note, the car being a daily and not a toy is your problem, not theirs, assuming they did explain the amount of work involved and the expected timeline.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:25 PM   #67
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Yes. Not because of the the elapsed time but the problems they quote—while receiving wrong or broken parts is possible, the dyno results and the throttle body problem makes it look like it's their first time working on this (or a similar) combo. I'd give them a reasonable deadline and if that isn't met, I'd walk.

On that note, the car being a daily and not a toy is your problem, not theirs, assuming they did explain the amount of work involved and the expected timeline.
guy initially quoted me at best that friday of the monday I dropped it off, or at worst early that next week.

He said they had worked on LT4's before.

As a customer I tried to cover my bases before handing over the keys. Seems I've just been duped.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:02 AM   #68
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Very sorry to hear this, I went through a similar situation with my shop. He had the car for just over 2 months. It was always waiting on parts, or Texas speed sent the wrong part. Hope it works out for you and the car runs well. You can always have the tune and logs checked by a reputable tuner, and fixed if needed. I'm currently paying for a retune from someone else because I don't trust the guy who did mine either.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 08:34 AM   #69
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:

I would probably get the car back and go elsewhere. Drive over and see exactly how much work he's done. Which shop is it?

BTW, since the OEm TB will support 750-800 hp, a 103mm is not needed.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:25 AM   #70
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I would probably get the car back and go elsewhere. Drive over and see exactly how much work he's done. Which shop is it?

BTW, since the OEm TB will support 750-800 hp, a 103mm is not needed.
I'm gonna walk in monday if I have time. And yes, I don't think the 103 was needed either. I just opted for it because later down the line I was gonna add more power.

I just don't like how one minute he said the stock would be fine and the next it wasn't.

Tags
cai, cam, headers, mods, street build