Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-09-2020, 08:46 PM   #421
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
I can relate working from home the 1st emails came that said we'll take care of our employees. Now it's will take care of everyone as long as possible. Just waiting for we can no longer afford to keep running this way and my "papers".
Unfortunately I just returned from being disabled so no seniority or unemployment for me. Thank god for money markets where I'd kept a majority of my money.
Before all this started a re-organization was planned to be completed by Oct with massive layoffs. Then oil dropped like a rock... then COVID put icing on the cake and now the re-org is moving faster.

Worst thing COVID has did for me is put everyone else out of work so finding a new career will be near impossible with unemployment at an all time high.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:09 AM   #422
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Whttp://https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

According to this, (which is updated constantly) 96% of the people who have the virus only have "mild symptoms" (flu like I'd guess).

4% have moderate to severe symptoms.
Out of THAT 4%, 21% die (or less than 1 out of 4 of 4% worldwide).

While being the one, or related to the ones, that die really sucks, you'd think it would be MUCH easier to quarantine those that are most susceptible to dying from it and letting the other 96% of the population continue to run the planet....
Ding ding, we have a winner!
Meanwhile everyone gave up their freedoms for a perceived security and did so freely. Stay in your homes or else?
You can see the Constitution going up in flames and this wasn't even a real pandemic.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:34 AM   #423
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Exactly. All for .00129835% of worldwide deaths. (97,039 as of today) Had it been the Spanish Flu, you’d have seen 200,000,000 deaths. THAT might warrant checking your shopping cart for “essential” items and facing fines. (In the UK) They capitulated their freedoms as well.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:13 AM   #424
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Exactly. All for .00129835% of worldwide deaths. (97,039 as of today) Had it been the Spanish Flu, you’d have seen 200,000,000 deaths. THAT might warrant checking your shopping cart for “essential” items and facing fines. (In the UK) They capitulated their freedoms as well.
Are you sure 200,000,000 died from the Spanish flu in 30 days?
Why should we wait until after everyone dies to do something?
Are you saying the efforts we are taking are not slowing the spread?
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #425
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
I don’t think the social distancing or any preventative measures helped as much as the “experts” will ever imply. It’s likely this virus started making the rounds in Oct-Nov 2019. If that’s the case it’s likely a lot of us have had it. I’m pretty sure my mom did and I may have had it as well.

Original models did include the preventative measures they told us to take like social distancing. So 100k-220k deaths with social distancing, no groups of 10+ people, wash hands a lot, wear a mask and gloves, etc. i think the 1 million+ figures were if we did absolutely nothing.

We are now revised to a max of 60k deaths (in the USA) I think and it’ll likely be half of that when all said and done. We stopped the world for a <.01% drop in total population.

We have been duped.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53

Last edited by xc_SS/RS; 04-10-2020 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Clarification
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #426
Moto-Mojo

The grand experiment was that people like Gates and his funding ‘medical experts’ always speculated whether they had the power (and Birx used that word the other day) to shut down the nation. Then they discovered the money and power could shut down the world!

If at this point, you are still clinging to this being something like the Spanish Flu, you need a tin foil hat. Even the CDC published that if you die in a hospital - of anything, you’re coded a Covid death. So take the already compromised, coupled with people who died (150K die EVERY day worldwide anyway) of something completely unrelated, and the number is even smaller.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #427
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Even the CDC published that if you die in a hospital - of anything, you’re coded a Covid death.
I mean, if someone with COVID is taking a ventilator that someone without COVID would have otherwise had access to, I don't see much of a difference.

The problem here, again, for the cool kids in the back, is the burden on the medical system.
kevint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #428
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Are you sure 200,000,000 died from the Spanish flu in 30 days?
Why should we wait until after everyone dies to do something?
You’re not getting the numbers. If you take the 2.7% of the population that died in the Spanish Flu (1.8B) vs 2.7% now, (7.5B) that’s 200,000,000 people. The Spanish Flu killed 2.1M / month worldwide. If Covid were as deadly as the SF, 8.8M worldwide would die per month - for 23 months!

Yes, I’m sure our efforts helped but...it didn’t make the difference between 8.8M and 97K! In roughly a month. SF was a DEADLY MF-er!
Old 04-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #429
Moto-Mojo

And if you want to go with the ‘conspiracy’ that this one was created in a Chinese lab using a hybrid of Bat and SARS proteins, man can’t complete with God’s version. Fear God and his virus more the Chinese iteration!!
Old 04-10-2020, 11:23 AM   #430
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
And if you want to go with the ‘conspiracy’ that this one was created in a Chinese lab using a hybrid of Bat and SARS proteins, man can’t complete with God’s version. Fear God and his virus more the Chinese iteration!!
It's Made in China, how long did you expect it to last??
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:34 AM   #431
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
It's Made in China, how long did you expect it to last??
Baaahhh!
Old 04-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #432
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
You’re not getting the numbers. If you take the 2.7% of the population that died in the Spanish Flu (1.8B) vs 2.7% now, (7.5B) that’s 200,000,000 people. The Spanish Flu killed 2.1M / month worldwide. If Covid were as deadly as the SF, 8.8M worldwide would die per month - for 23 months!

Yes, I’m sure our efforts helped but...it didn’t make the difference between 8.8M and 97K! In roughly a month. SF was a DEADLY MF-er!

It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

They didn't have the technology to keep them alive, most of the deaths were in the second wave when the government couldn't get people to stay home and quit spreading it.
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #433
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

They didn't have the technology to keep them alive, most of the deaths were in the second wave when the government couldn't get people to stay home and quit spreading it.
Quarantining helped. But not THAT much. Ok, you stay put until February 2022. (23 months, like SF) Please stop shaving and bathing, so when you do emerge, we can see and smell you coming.

I’ll admit, I don’t know, but I have to believe few tried to get people to stay at home in 1917-18. Maybe toward the end. But again, that was some badass ju ju. It killed young and healthy. Count thy blessings!

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 04-10-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #434
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Looks like the hysteria has been taken to the next level here. Look grocery chain requiring masks. No doubt the sheeple will line up. I might have to dig out an old welder's mask I acquired somewhere for when my store requires it.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote