Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-02-2020, 08:07 AM   #99
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Just curious that if you had to replace just the blend door would you take the dash out approach or the blend door hack?
no
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #100
Nghtshd88

Drives: 13' Camaro LT
Replaced this in December so Ive had the door in full heat position. Now upon turning to cold in the last 1/4 of the dial I have a bad creeking/crunching noise..... did not have this post install.
Nghtshd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:02 AM   #101
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nghtshd88 View Post
Replaced this in December so Ive had the door in full heat position. Now upon turning to cold in the last 1/4 of the dial I have a bad creeking/crunching noise..... did not have this post install.
Maybe the actuator wasn't seated correctly. Maybe worthwhile to remove the actuator and recalibrate it. Saw somewhere to turn the temp knob halfway after restoring power before seating and calibrating the actuator. See post 42 in this thread.

If that doesn't fix it you're gonna have to open it up again as maybe some sealant got on the blend door pivot post. If you do open it up best to put in another new blend door and lube the pivot post with a dry PTFE lube
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #102
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nghtshd88 View Post
Mine does the same and its never bean changed.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #103
Nghtshd88

Quote:
Maybe the actuator wasn't seated correctly. Maybe worthwhile to remove the actuator and recalibrate it. Saw somewhere to turn the temp knob halfway after restoring power before seating and calibrating the actuator. See post 42 in this thread.

If that doesn't fix it you're gonna have to open it up again as maybe some sealant got on the blend door pivot post. If you do open it up best to put in another new blend door and lube the pivot post with a dry PTFE lube
That was my post. I also read it self calibrates so just left it as is. No clear answer on that. I didnt lube it though. It was very loose to begin with. Nothing moved out of place from the outside.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:54 PM   #104
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
Mine does the same and its never bean changed.
You might be on your way to having the blend door problem. See 2mins into the vid and you can see how torque builds up (which maybe the noise you hear) when the temp dial is set near full cold
Old 02-21-2020, 08:07 PM   #105
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
You might be on your way to having the blend door problem. See 2mins into the vid and you can see how torque builds up (which maybe the noise you hear) when the temp dial is set near full cold https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=o2_8GUz1RMA
This is very good info/video. Almost seems to simple to be true but the demo says all! I think I'll keep my selector at the 1st hash mark AND disconnect the actuator seasonally. Thanks for an informative post.
ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:33 AM   #106
camguynj

Welcome. That guy did as all a big favor. Although you don’t really know how much (if any) not having the left actuator set screw in contributed to the actuator lifting that you see BUT there's got to be something to it as no where else in the temp setting range does the torque build up to lift the actuator up from it’s mounting other than near the full Cold position. BTW I'm jealous of where you live. Can't imagine you ever have need to move it off full cold
Old 02-26-2020, 12:53 PM   #107
Nghtshd88

Quote:
Welcome. That guy did as all a big favor. Although you don’t really know how much (if any) not having the left actuator set screw in contributed to the actuator lifting that you see BUT there's got to be something to it as no where else in the temp setting range does the torque build up to lift the actuator up from it’s mounting other than near the full Cold position. BTW I'm jealous of where you live. Can't imagine you ever have need to move it off full cold
Awesome video, I hear the crunch noise right after those 3 points.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:22 PM   #108
bertha01

Drives: m5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
REALLY??? have you had a camaro dash out?? i have and i'm calling BS on that. there are 2 long bolts that go in from the top at the base of the windshield i didn't pull it but i can see why some think you have to. it may have gone in as modules with robots doing the heavy lifting but you are not pulling that dash out as a assembly especially without pulling the windshield.building a car on a assembly line and working on one in a garage are two different things. if you can pull it without removing the windshield as a assembly in a garage or driveway and document it i'll give you my car,and that is no BS!
these were the most helpful links i found.
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/int...fth-gen-camaro

in the video below of this post goto 1:25 and start watching

nice sharing
bertha01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #109
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
I think mines just broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
what i'm going to do now is just set them to my face and feet and put some tape over the button so they cant be messed with.i never drive my car in the rain or and cold weather so hopefully will be ok.
like there has been 100's of thousands of our cars produced and only a handful of problems.
every car ever created has issues..you go n the s550 forum and you'll realise our cars really have almost no issues at all
My AC blows luke warm/cold if its on cold and warm if its on hot. Was charged in the middle of last year so i know thats not it. Too hot in the summer in florida so i better change it soon.
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:35 PM   #110
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Set my selector to 1st hash, disconnected actuator and now I have no heat but plenty of A/C as desired. Here's a pick of my "make working under the dash a little less painful" device. Two old fat tires and very old piece of TV cardboard strait out of my "never throw anything out" department.
Attached Images

ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #111
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Set my selector to 1st hash, disconnected actuator and now I have no heat but plenty of A/C as desired. Here's a pick of my "make working under the dash a little less painful" device. Two old fat tires and very old piece of TV cardboard strait out of my "never throw anything out" department.
Genius
Old 03-06-2020, 09:05 AM   #112
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Now that i know the BCM wont throw a code i'm unplugging mine too.
Might be smart to throw in a switch at some point.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote