#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #15
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Any information you can share will be much appreciated.

The dealer is speaking with GM technical assistance, I am waiting for a response now.

I should note this is not a minor pull, it will change lanes with heavy throttle and no tire slip.
Yea, changing lanes is definitely more severe than others describe. Read through this thread to see what others are experiencing.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523713
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #16
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
My alignment was terrible from the factory. I had to hold the steering wheel like I was turning left to get my car to drive straight. It took the dealer 4 alignments to get the car to drive (mostly) right. The alignment guy clearly had no idea what he was doing.

What's the theory on how the eLSD would cause the car to pull to one side? If the clutch is applying too much pressure, that'd normally force the car straight. If the clutch is not applying enough pressure, that should just function more like an open differential. Unless there's something majorly wrong, I can't think of how the eLSD would cause the car to pull to one side.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll have it fixed soon. Hopefully it's something simple like a bad tire.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
My alignment was terrible from the factory. I had to hold the steering wheel like I was turning left to get my car to drive straight. It took the dealer 4 alignments to get the car to drive (mostly) right. The alignment guy clearly had no idea what he was doing.

What's the theory on how the eLSD would cause the car to pull to one side? If the clutch is applying too much pressure, that'd normally force the car straight. If the clutch is not applying enough pressure, that should just function more like an open differential. Unless there's something majorly wrong, I can't think of how the eLSD would cause the car to pull to one side.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll have it fixed soon. Hopefully it's something simple like a bad tire.
That why we do our own alignments.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #18
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
That why we do our own alignments.
Yeah. Most people simply don't have the attention to detail required to do a proper alignment on this car. After 4 failed dealership attempts, I ended up paying a local shop to work with me to get the car aligned using their alignment machine. Even then it wouldn't have been right if I hadn't been there to force them to get it within specs. Once we got it dialed in, the car drove beautifully.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #19
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
A problem with your new Camaro, Sorry to hear that.. but.
Welcome to our club
Hopefully you don't feel the frustration some of us have felt and get this figured out quick.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #20
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I get tramlining as others have said. But I am sensitive to acceleration torque pull and nothing like that on my base A10. I hope you can get it sorted fast Ted. And let us know if you figure out the M6 bog. You will have lots of new customers!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:02 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I haven't noticed anything like this - going to stay tuned out of curiosity.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #22
PhreddT
Drive fast, take chances.

Drives: 69 Z/28, 85 SS Monte, 01 2500HD
Like Mr. Wyndam posted, I have not experienced any kind of pull, while under acceleration or just cruising in mine.
I'm interested in knowing if changing the tires takes care of this, keep us posted when you get a chance to test it.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #23
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
I have the same car. As you know Ted, you have been tuning mine and I've been doing hard 3rd gear WOT digs from 1500 to 6000 RPM for datalogging. Mine tracks straight as an arrow (Traction control and stabilitrak turned off).

I thought the eLSD was torque vectoring. Assuming it is, I would think that it could certainly apply more torque to one axle versus the other inappropriately if something is off base. Obviously it shouldn't do that in a straight line but if it did it seems like it could certainly cause it to pull if the drive wheels aren't getting the same amount of torque to each side.

I don't know much about these differentials so maybe this is flawed logic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:04 PM   #24
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
maybe wait a little longer for break in and change the rear lubricant. Take the car to your track day and run the car appropriately. After your track day, repeat the procedure and see if the eLSD has rectified itself after break in and track time. Just a thought...how many miles now? Go do some figure 8s in a large lot in both directions and double check the electrical connection to the rear.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:32 PM   #25
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
It really sucks I have a track event paid for next Sat, I need this resolved before then.
Unfortunately GM won't make it right before then.

I love me some Chevrolet.

With that said, why would GM build a PREMIUM performance vehicle like the ZLE in the middle of a fierce Michigan winter, and then leave it sitting on RDOT spec tires totally exposed to those elements? It is especially questionable for a hard working, well known and experienced builder/tuner like you. Let alone, a hard working, saved his ass off for years nobody like me.

I completely understand that GM is a for profit venture. I have no problem with that. I am a staunch Constitutionalist and as implied a supporter of the capitalist system. However, for GM to leave their greatest client base and supporters out to dry like this is totally unacceptable. We are the reason that Chevy builds halo cars. I truly hope that your problem is a tire issue and not a eLSD/software issue.

Sorry for the rant. Honestly, (as wrong as it may seem) to see that GM is playing this game with someone like you is somewhat rejuvenating for me.

Best of luck Ted.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:05 AM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
Unfortunately GM won't make it right before then.

I love me some Chevrolet.

With that said, why would GM build a PREMIUM performance vehicle like the ZLE in the middle of a fierce Michigan winter, and then leave it sitting on RDOT spec tires totally exposed to those elements? It is especially questionable for a hard working, well known and experienced builder/tuner like you. Let alone, a hard working, saved his ass off for years nobody like me.

I completely understand that GM is a for profit venture. I have no problem with that. I am a staunch Constitutionalist and as implied a supporter of the capitalist system. However, for GM to leave their greatest client base and supporters out to dry like this is totally unacceptable. We are the reason that Chevy builds halo cars. I truly hope that your problem is a tire issue and not a eLSD/software issue.

Sorry for the rant. Honestly, (as wrong as it may seem) to see that GM is playing this game with someone like you is somewhat rejuvenating for me.

Best of luck Ted.
I'm not sure why temperature would cause one tire to somehow grip better or worse than the other to this extent...Maybe a defective one, yet, but not temperature.

For what it's worth; mine has sat all winter in sub freezing temperatures (garage not heated), and there were no odd driving characteristics like what Ted is describing when I pulled it out this "spring" (still can't believe this weather...). The same holds for the brand new set I just had put on, as it sat for a few days in the 20s after I had them put on in the high 50s.

Goodyear worked pretty closely with Chevy/Camaro Team on the tire development for this car. I just can't imagine they would have overlooked production in Michigan in the winter if this would have been such a big issue....
Old 04-07-2018, 03:19 AM   #27
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Hi all,

I only have 550 miles on mine, but have not experienced any of these described issues. The alignment feels spot-on, though there is some tramlining on certain roads. The ride overall seems very similar to my '15 Z/28, just a bit stiffer.

I'm hoping this issue does not focus back to the eLSD. l really loved the 3.91 Torsen in the Z/28. l felt that was the perfect ratio/traction equation...and it would have been perfect in the ZLE with the even closer trans ratios and EXTRA power!

I live in the best weather area in the country, and never really have to worry about weather extremes. Either way, I'm going to keep monitoring this situation. Really, really hopeful it's not software related! OP...good luck with yours.

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy

Last edited by jjgi5150; 04-07-2018 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Added info
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:34 AM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Welcome to my thread... and there's another one out there with quite a few others experiencing this.

I just got rid of the car...

Here's whole group of folks with the same type issue.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=46