Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #57
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Do whatever makes you happy, but personally, I wouldn't add it if I couldn't buy the real deal, a ZL1. Its like the chicks carrying a fake high dollar purse, you know it's fake...
Good analogy, other than the part where as long as you don't badge it a ZL1 what does it matter, people put SS covers on a V6 all the time and vice versa.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #58
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I see people do the same thing with Mercedes(AMG) and BMW's(M) where I live, it makes me laugh. I was just saying I wouldn't want it on mine, unless it was a ZL1. To each his own...
Old 08-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #59
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I see people do the same thing with Mercedes(AMG) and BMW's(M) where I live, it makes me laugh. I was just saying I wouldn't want it on mine, unless it was a ZL1. To each his own...
I know you were just stating your oppinion, that's part of the point of a forum. I was just stating mine in response to yours Did not say anything wrong with you having an opinion.

I do the same, but it's usually with badging. I've seen BMW M emblems of Hondas, That's funny right there! I've seen Z/28 Emblems on a V6 too same with GT emblems on a V6 Mustang, which reminds me I saw a 5.0 on a Honda once too, I about died. The body parts don't bother me, it's the emblems...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #60
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
I'd put it on my 2LT/RS in a second... if it fit.

Heck, I'd love it if someone would make an SS fascia without the mail slot. I'm not trying to pretend to be an SS; I just want a more aggressive front end than what my car came with.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #61
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I know you were just stating your oppinion, that's part of the point of a forum. I was just stating mine in response to yours Did not say anything wrong with you having an opinion.

I do the same, but it's usually with badging. I've seen BMW M emblems of Hondas, That's funny right there! I've seen Z/28 Emblems on a V6 too same with GT emblems on a V6 Mustang, which reminds me I saw a 5.0 on a Honda once too, I about died. The body parts don't bother me, it's the emblems...
I once put '5.0' emblems on a Crown Vic.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #62
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
Just use a V6 facia with the T2 ports. The Spekter Werks hood has heat extracotrs and the chanell behind it can be blackened out. Look on ACS site they have pics and the car from the front looks like a ZL1.
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #63
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb74656 View Post
I once put '5.0' emblems on a Crown Vic.
At least it was still a Ford product. Did the Crown Vic's at least have the 5.0?
If so you're good.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #64
55Designs

Drives: 2010
guys do you really think GM as cheap and short cutting for the past 50+ years retooled fenders and the unibody for just a fascia? No WAY I am almost certain the Zl1 parts will bolt right on if you order the complete items. We have 4 guys waiting for the parts to come in once the car is released to convert their Hennessy cars over to this nose.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote