Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #14379
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMike View Post
Is there a 50th vert version?
The only F1fty vert I’ve found is a 1:24 from Greenlight. It’s pretty decent, but the tonneau cover doesn’t have the stripes, making it a little inaccurate.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #14380
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes12 View Post
Hey guys just got my fifty anniversary ss in love with the car coming from a challenger rt. Was wondering if you guys could show me some pics of the wheels you guys have I’m thinking about going black can’t decide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
Hi and welcome. Many use the OEM 50th wheels and other the MRR 017 which are IMHO the two best Looking wheels for the Camaro.
Welcome to Club F1fty, Wes12. I have to agree with Soleil on both counts. The original wheels, in our cases powder coated near black, are among the best looking wheels, along with the MRR 017 / SS 1LE wheels. I’m thinking of getting a set of MRR 017 and setting them up for dragstrip use.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 08-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #14381
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The only F1fty vert I’ve found is a 1:24 from Greenlight. It’s pretty decent, but the tonneau cover doesn’t have the stripes, making it a little inaccurate.
I'll need your address and what night you'll leave your door unlocked.

Oh wait, you are in Michigan......never mind. They give away guns for opening bank accounts there. LOL.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:26 PM   #14382
BZSS

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Hey all - it's been a little bit. Work kind of kicked my ass a bit in the beginning of the pandemic and then I took a bit of a break from social media. I've got some good news though. My Fifty finally has a garage! A couple of you might recall we were getting ready to list our current house around the late Feb / early March timeframe, but then real estate shut down for a little while. In late April NC started doing virtual tours but we decided to hang back and see what Covid would mean for us. In May I went to go take the Fifty for a drive and stumbled upon a pretty large door ding on the driver's side door. 10 days later we were on the market and closed on a deal in 2 more days. After a 6 week closing period we moved into a beautiful home outside of the city with a THREE CAR GARAGE. The first thing I did was carry the gf across the threshold and then parked my baby in her forever home. Next was calling the PDR guy who did an awesome job pulling out the door ding. He was here the day after we closed haha.

Now I am on a mission to make it perfect. I've always been careful in my pictures not to show the cracked front splitter from the previous owner. I wanted to replace that sooner but our old driveway had a pretty good incline and I would occasionally scrape if I didn't hit it at the right angle. I didn't want to ding up a new one so I waited for the garage. I also found that my new neighbor two doors down is a professional detailer and has offered to give my car the works for a great price. The splitter replacement is going to be interesting as it looks like I'll have to drill out some rivets. The only other thing I would like to replace is the matte stripe as it is pretty beat up and no amount of YouTube advise has helped bring it back to showroom quality.

Happy to see all of the new members and this thread is still going strong. I'll be around a bit more now that things have settled down a bit.
Attached Images

SOLD - 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary - H50, M6, NPP, MRC
BZSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #14383
rocknss

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZSS View Post
Hey all - it's been a little bit. Work kind of kicked my ass a bit in the beginning of the pandemic and then I took a bit of a break from social media. I've got some good news though. My Fifty finally has a garage! A couple of you might recall we were getting ready to list our current house around the late Feb / early March timeframe, but then real estate shut down for a little while. In late April NC started doing virtual tours but we decided to hang back and see what Covid would mean for us. In May I went to go take the Fifty for a drive and stumbled upon a pretty large door ding on the driver's side door. 10 days later we were on the market and closed on a deal in 2 more days. After a 6 week closing period we moved into a beautiful home outside of the city with a THREE CAR GARAGE. The first thing I did was carry the gf across the threshold and then parked my baby in her forever home. Next was calling the PDR guy who did an awesome job pulling out the door ding. He was here the day after we closed haha.

Now I am on a mission to make it perfect. I've always been careful in my pictures not to show the cracked front splitter from the previous owner. I wanted to replace that sooner but our old driveway had a pretty good incline and I would occasionally scrape if I didn't hit it at the right angle. I didn't want to ding up a new one so I waited for the garage. I also found that my new neighbor two doors down is a professional detailer and has offered to give my car the works for a great price. The splitter replacement is going to be interesting as it looks like I'll have to drill out some rivets. The only other thing I would like to replace is the matte stripe as it is pretty beat up and no amount of YouTube advise has helped bring it back to showroom quality.

Happy to see all of the new members and this thread is still going strong. I'll be around a bit more now that things have settled down a bit.

Congrats on the new house and garage for your Fifty!!

I need to replace my splitter also on my Fifty as I hit a curb. Did the splitter you bought come painted, are going to have it painted for leave it the color it came in?
2001 Chevy Camaro SS (sold)
1969 Chevy Suburban (restoration project)
rocknss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:53 PM   #14384
Kaizer_911

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:

Congrats on the move and the new detail neighbor. Sorry about the splitter and PDR (but glad that was fixed quickly).

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
3100 - 05/25/16 | 3300 - 05/28/16
3400 - 05/31/16 | 3800 - 06/14/16, #125 Built!
4200 - 06/29/16 | 5000 - 06/29/16
6000 - 07/08/16 | Club F1FTY
Kaizer_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:10 PM   #14385
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMike View Post
I'll need your address and what night you'll leave your door unlocked.

Oh wait, you are in Michigan......never mind. They give away guns for opening bank accounts there. LOL.
I’m thinking you’d find it not quite worth the effort.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2020, 05:56 AM   #14386
BZSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer_911 View Post
Congrats on the move and the new detail neighbor. Sorry about the splitter and PDR (but glad that was fixed quickly).

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

Oddly enough the door ding worked in our favor. We probably wouldn’t have gone on the market yet and found the home we did. The housing market in NC is even hotter than it was a couple of months ago when we sold and bought and we haven’t seen any other houses pop up that we really loved. Funny how things like that work out sometimes.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:58 AM   #14387
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I’m thinking you’d find it not quite worth the effort.
Nice proximity alarm.

I have a couple of them, different models tho’.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:24 PM   #14388
palindrome-1H

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Hey BZSS, could you take a picture of the factory rivets for me? Basically I'm trying to figure out how it is attached. I got my 50 last month and the previous owner cracked up the splitter and took it off, so I don't know how it was on there. The dealer I bought the car from agreed to give me a factory splitter for free but I'm trying to decide if I want to just take the part from them and keep it as a spare not attached and get a carbon front splitter since I have carbon side skirts. Or if I should have them install the factor splitter. From what I've been told, the factory 50 splitter isn't screwed in like aftermarket ones.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
palindrome-1H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 03:44 AM   #14389
Claus

Drives: 17' Camaro 2SS FIFTY Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes12 View Post
Hey guys just got my fifty anniversary ss in love with the car coming from a challenger rt. Was wondering if you guys could show me some pics of the wheels you guys have I’m thinking about going black can’t decide
Love mine❤️, also upgraded to ZL1 front brakes, big improvement!
Attached Images

Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:27 AM   #14390
BZSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrome-1H View Post
Hey BZSS, could you take a picture of the factory rivets for me? Basically I'm trying to figure out how it is attached. I got my 50 last month and the previous owner cracked up the splitter and took it off, so I don't know how it was on there. The dealer I bought the car from agreed to give me a factory splitter for free but I'm trying to decide if I want to just take the part from them and keep it as a spare not attached and get a carbon front splitter since I have carbon side skirts. Or if I should have them install the factor splitter. From what I've been told, the factory 50 splitter isn't screwed in like aftermarket ones.

Here’s a couple of shots but they aren’t great as I don’t have it in the air yet. The gf would kill me if I started working on the car when she needs a bookcase assembled haha. They are mounted in the front though. Luckily I’m missing 2 of them from the missing chunk so I only have 4 to drill out. I’ve seen other people install with plastic clips for easier removal, but I’ll be using the rivets again.

Welcome to the club btw! Nice to see a few high mileage cars out here without major issues. I bought mine with 25k and have put 3k on in a year. It’ll be even less this year with the garage. She’ll never see rain again.

-Brian

Old 08-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #14391
palindrome-1H

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Quote:
Here’s a couple of shots but they aren’t great as I don’t have it in the air yet. The gf would kill me if I started working on the car when she needs a bookcase assembled haha. They are mounted in the front though. Luckily I’m missing 2 of them from the missing chunk so I only have 4 to drill out. I’ve seen other people install with plastic clips for easier removal, but I’ll be using the rivets again.

Welcome to the club btw! Nice to see a few high mileage cars out here without major issues. I bought mine with 25k and have put 3k on in a year. It’ll be even less this year with the garage. She’ll never see rain again.

-Brian

Oh wow interesting. Thanks so much for taking the time! I might just get a carbon one and keep the factory one stored and have it professionally installed if needed. Thanks again!

palindrome-1H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:06 PM   #14392
LaBestia

Drives: 50th Anniversary Camaro 2SS
Showing some love from MD to the F1FTY club
Attached Images

LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50th, club fifty, f1fty, fifty