Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #15
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Good vendors get good props!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Great guy/vendor to deal with^
Thanks Guys!!

Really appreciate the love
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Ok ruby guess I can post my email and "private message" response in thread also
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #17
Blues45th

Re: Re Chase
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro
Chase is in my Camaro club. He is now considered to be a friend. He has been very helpful to a newby trying to learn about my Camaro. I genuinely have loved everything I have done to my Camaro through him. I have also tried to do my research & every time he has given me the best price on things I have gotten from him. I have also supported other vendors I have gottent hings through & been happy with. I'm sorry if it seems a bit much for you. But in all areas of my life, I try to be supportive to local stores, service providers & such, if I am happy with their services. We got phone calls from potential customers of the place where we got our replacement windows for a couple of years & gave referrals for the great crew that built our garage too. Just the way I am. If he or any other vendor ever screwed me over, you'd hear about that too. I was going to just send this to you via PM but now that I have typed it, I think I will post it on the thread too.

She privately sent this to me. Not sure why if was gonna post it so I guess I will now post my response .

Blues45th response:
Ruby I too as a ups driver respect and always try to refer all customer to my local route and area and just like the rx catch can those guys are 45 min away. I'm glad that you answered my question in the first part of your response and also understand the strong relationship one has with there car, I am sorry though to feel as your response goes on your almost lecturing me for asking as opposed to just understanding why a buyer would wanna know if "reviews " where from friends family customer all or one . Thank you for taking the time to respond and I hope to one day be the v8 slayer of the south. Well , of florida at least lol
Mike blue
Blues45th
Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
So ruby. How much does apex give you for the props on almost every thread I see with them is you pushing it. Just curious. Because I bought a nice order from apex chase love the guys and the girls there and love the products. But I mean you guys are in every thread and your car is in there videos for exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Good vendors get good props!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan#1 View Post
i've heard good things about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Apex gives me nothing but a good price like everyone else & good information. Chase is in my Camaro club. He is now considered to be a friend. He has been very helpful to a newby trying to learn about my Camaro. I genuinely have loved everything I have done to my Camaro through him. I have also tried to do my research & every time he has given me the best price on things I have gotten from him. I have also supported other vendors I have gotten things through & been happy with. I'm sorry if it seems a bit much for you. But in all areas of my life, I try to be supportive to local stores, service providers & such, if I am happy with their services. We got phone calls from potential customers of the place where we got our replacement windows for a couple of years & gave referrals for the great crew that built our garage too. Just the way I am. If he or any other vendor ever screwed me over, you'd hear about that too.
Janice is just one of our good local customers that and has turned into what we refer to as an "Apex Disciple". There are quite a few around here but she is one of the most active in V6 circles. She gets exactly what we give everyone except she gets it on a regular basis due to her proximity and number of upgrades.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
Blues45th

I hear yah chase. And I have said always you guys are a top notch distributor . Love all I have gotten from you with always honest and excellent advice. Thanks to ruby for helping a fellow v6 lfx owner how to get the most out of our cars. Her reviews and opinions have always helped in my decision making. As has this site.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I don't save my sent e-mails so I won't quote my private response to you.

Just want folks to know that Blue45th & I have PM'ed some more & we are okay with each other. As I told him though, absolutely no intent to sound lecture-like. I suspect he is not the only person who has wondered the same sort of thing. Those who have met me in person will attest that I tend to be a generally very enthusiastic person. I am aware that in text that can easily be misconstrued. I simply wanted to be fully open & explain myself & the relationship between Apex & myself. Sorry if my decision to post the message in the thread also seemed insensitive but I suspected others also wondered the same, I thought it appropriate to post the reply there also.
An enthusiastic , You go get 'um to anyone out there lining up beside V8's. Have a blast, as I do win or lose, but give them a little good natured grief when you win!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #21
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
glad this came up. How about a throttle body that is say 3mm or maybe 8mm larger over stock??? Seems not to much out there for our little engines
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
Compunerd

Drives: 2011 1LT SIM
I just installed mine today on my LLT, and the difference is noticeable. It's not a HUGE difference, but it's there.
Compunerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #23
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Eh, just got mine on last night and it's not that big a difference.

I heard too many good things about it on here before I got one, so I came into it with biased expectations.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #24
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
Eh, just got mine on last night and it's not that big a difference.

I heard too many good things about it on here before I got one, so I came into it with biased expectations.
+1 I figured any feeling of throttle response improvement was lost in the mushy feel of my automatic transmission.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #25
MaroMike94

Drives: 2012 camaro lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Ruby saw some serious gains with a ported throttle body and a couple other goodies.

All the cool kids click my signature and go from there.

That is not correct. LLT and LFX are different.
I'm on the website and its only showing 2010-2011 PTB. Will that work with the 2012 llt?
MaroMike94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #26
Compunerd

Drives: 2011 1LT SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike94 View Post
I'm on the website and its only showing 2010-2011 PTB. Will that work with the 2012 llt?
I think you misunderstand what LLT and LFX are. The 2010 and 2011 models were built with the 3.6L LLT engine. The 2012+ models are built with the 3.6L LFX engine. The v6 camaro "names" are LS or LT, depending on the trim.

If your car is a 2010 or 2011 model, get the LLT throttle body. If it's a 2012 or 2013 model, get the LFX throttle body.
Compunerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #27
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakai20 View Post
I think you misunderstand what LLT and LFX are. The 2010 and 2011 models were built with the 3.6L LLT engine. The 2012+ models are built with the 3.6L LFX engine. The v6 camaro "names" are LS or LT, depending on the trim.

If your car is a 2010 or 2011 model, get the LLT throttle body. If it's a 2012 or 2013 model, get the LFX throttle body.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #28
Blues45th

So chase you guys don't sell one for v6 2012? Didn't see it. Also if Tracy at rx makes them ill just drive down. I'm 45 minutes away from them. Pm please

Tags
throttle