Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #57
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Temperature today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
I noticed the same thing GAOLDGUY, all the retailers list it as a high performance all season but the Lexani site doesn't. It certainly looks the part due to design and tread depth, it may just be an omission on their part. I got to take them out today on dry pavement and am impressed, they don't have the absolute grip the F3's have when warm but they worked great in the rain and standing water. I'm in MA and it's getting cold here so I needed to make a move, it was 30 Tuesday.
When I first read about these I envisioned barefoot peasants in a back alley tossing old sneakers and tires into a cauldron over an open fire. After digging around Lexani is a long time rim manufacture for exotic cars that wanted to get into tire manufacturing, they built a factory from the ground up with the latest automated manufacturing. Check out the video of the factory floor, pretty impressive. Yes, they're from China but so is the iMac I ordered them with and its tier one. These guys list it as all season as most and have a live chat hit them up. -> https://www.carid.com/lexani-tires/l...-26052990.html Video of the factory. -> https://vimeo.com/240727124
Apparently it's 39 in Cape Cod right now. How cold was it today when you were driving around?
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #58
Bayles76

Drives: 16 Summit 2SS, 92 Arctic Formula
Have you tried looking into the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+? I am installing mine today for my winter set. Awesome reviews and performance numbers! better than most of the competitions summer only and just falling short of Pilot Sport 4s by small percentages.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #59
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
I just spoke to themThursday and he indicated it would be the 2nd or 3rd week of November if I ordered them. I held off because I may still buy some 19 inch wheels. He they given you an update?
No update, my order is still active with tires listed as Back-ordered though.
Website now shows 11/9 for the 305's(rear) and the 295's(front) on BACKORDER
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #60
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayles76 View Post
Have you tried looking into the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+? I am installing mine today for my winter set. Awesome reviews and performance numbers! better than most of the competitions summer only and just falling short of Pilot Sport 4s by small percentages.
They look good but are not offered in a 305/30-20.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #61
TDS911

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
So what's the verdict on:

Lexani LX-Twenty "all season" status?

Bridgestone 295/30 front tire fitment? I'm running H&R lowering springs.

Thanks, getting chilly around here.

Tim
TDS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:23 AM   #62
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS911 View Post
So what's the verdict on:

Lexani LX-Twenty "all season" status?

Bridgestone 295/30 front tire fitment? I'm running H&R lowering springs.

Thanks, getting chilly around here.

Tim

No sh!t it is, car scheduled to go to body shop Thursday and they are calling for snow.
Stock Goodyears sucked in mid 40's rain, can't wait to see what happens Thursday.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #63
Warrior102

I've had them on my car for a little over a thousand miles now and they've been great in the rain and standing water, the grip is better than expected in the dry. They've exceeded my expectations so far for the money, the only gripe is they are a bit on the loud side, that said the stock tires were loud too. I posted in a previous update that I thought they were quieter than the Goodyear F3, of course, it was raining here 24/7. It was 27 here this morning and I pushed them pretty hard corning and WOT with no surprises. The Old guy from GA has a set inbound and I'm sure he'll chime in later in the week.

Last edited by Warrior102; 11-13-2018 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:58 AM   #64
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
No sh!t it is, car scheduled to go to body shop Thursday and they are calling for snow.
Stock Goodyears sucked in mid 40's rain, can't wait to see what happens Thursday.
It'll be fine. I've driven in light snow. Light on the throttle and take it slow.

For the RE980AS, I contacted Tire Rack yesterday. End of the week they said should be a delivery in there warehouse.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #65
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I'm not lucky enough to own a 1LE, but I could never run those BFG A/S tires on anything just because of the hideous looks. Glad to see there is an option. I kind of wish I had looked at the Pilot A/S 3's instead of my 4S's as mine have a stupid soft sidewall. It definitely took something away from my turn in feel.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:28 AM   #66
madscotsman

Tirerack called me about my order Wed and said the Bridgestones would be out of stock until at least mid-late Feb. I ordered the $500 Lexani's off Amazon and they'll be here Tuesday, hopefully they'll work for this winter. Gonna still get the Bridgestones in Feb unless another manufacturer comes out with an A/S.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #67
Warrior102

I had the same attitude as you Scottsman, I was in a box with the cold weather coming and I didn't believe Tire Racks story on the RE980's after the first two rollbacks so I tossed the dice on the Lexani's, like you I figured if they just got me through to when the snow flies I'd call it good for the cost and put on some PS4S's in the spring. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with them, I've driven in driving rain, 27-degree temps and pushed them pretty hard and they have exceeded my expectations in every way, they're not going anywhere. I don't track my car and I don't drive on the street like I'm on the track, that said I do push it sometimes and they're well within my comfort zone.
I'm interested to hear your feedback when they arrive and like any tire give them some scrub in time. Have your shop line up the yellow dots with the valve stems, manufactures drill the stems at the heaviest point on the rim and the yellow dots are the light point of the tire. All four of mine only required less than 6oz to balance out, remarkable considering the size of the tires. I picked up a box of these on Amazon in black, I now have a lifetime supply of wheel weights. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My driveway Friday morning...

Last edited by Warrior102; 11-17-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:05 AM   #68
Josh1475

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
My Bridgestone 305 rear and 295 fronts shipped yesterday from tirerack after being backordered. Should be installed late next week on the 1le. Will post fitment updates!
Josh1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #69
madscotsman

Yeah, not so funny story. After being told no Bridgestones until mid to late Feb and ordering the Lexanis, I get a text telling me my Tirerack order of the Bridgestones have been shipped. Got the Lexanis Friday and the Bridgestones will be here tomorrow. Wondering if I have to pay return shipping on tires from Amazon? Might end up just trying to sell the Lexanis...
Old 11-19-2018, 04:48 AM   #70
Warrior102

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
Yeah, not so funny story. After being told no Bridgestones until mid to late Feb and ordering the Lexanis, I get a text telling me my Tirerack order of the Bridgestones have been shipped. Got the Lexanis Friday and the Bridgestones will be here tomorrow. Wondering if I have to pay return shipping on tires from Amazon? Might end up just trying to sell the Lexanis...
Hah, I thought that stuff only happened to me, I had both ordered also but called and canceled at the rack. I would make sure that 295/30-20 front fits first, it should be OK. Keep us posted on the fitment and your impressions.

Last edited by Warrior102; 11-19-2018 at 04:50 PM.