Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #43
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
G2K, did you purchase the DataMonster or the SuperGauge? It appears both of them take an SD card. If that’s the case than I’d believe the firmware could be flashed in both. I don’t need the DataMonster because I log in HPT.
I found my answer. Both gauges can be updated and in this link it shows that ethanol support was added 9/9/2019. Straight forward firmware flash procedure.

https://official.bankspower.com/cust...8-super-gauge/

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #44
Trochoidal

Thanks G2K for all of the feedback. I’m using windshield mount for now to supplement until I sort out vent gauge pod.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 04-11-2020, 11:24 AM   #45
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Are you able to datalog with that gauge? And if so, is it the correct format if someone is going to remote tune the car? Not very knowledgeable when it comes to tuning.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #46
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by headgamez View Post
Are you able to datalog with that gauge? And if so, is it the correct format if someone is going to remote tune the car? Not very knowledgeable when it comes to tuning.....

I purchased the SuperGauge and this model does NOT datalog. I use HPT for logging.

However, the next level up gauge is the DataMonster and yes it DOES log. I did read in the description the log file is output as a CSV. That being said a tuner could import the CSV file into Excel and make a line graph to simulate the log file in HPT. As a matter of fact I export log files from HPT as CSV to pinpoint any areas that I feel need attention/tweaking. Will a tuner accept a CSV from the DataMonster to tune your car, probably not.

Also, if you do remote tune you’ll need your own seat of HPT to save/load tunes.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #47
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Gotcha!! Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #48
CamaroATL

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS + NPP + MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
Yup, just got the update today and E% is now available. They sent me the test firmware before they make it available to general public.

Look at the bottom left PiD (green screen)

Other stuff that I now see activated (which weren't visible before are):
Gear selection
output shaft speed
auto-dimming
density altitude (is one of the patented PiD's from Banks)
Can you send me this firmware version? I can not find the ethanol option on my new banks gauge.
CamaroATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:35 PM   #49
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroATL View Post
Can you send me this firmware version? I can not find the ethanol option on my new banks gauge.
Hey man, you gotta select GM standard for vehicle. v1.18.3 is firmware. Go to fuel and you should see the ethanol option. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #50
CamaroATL

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS + NPP + MRC
Quote:
Hey man, you gotta select GM standard for vehicle. v1.18.3 is firmware. Go to fuel and you should see the ethanol option. Hope this helps.
Thanks alot.. Does anybody have a part number for the clip that goes on the pillar? I can not get my pillar to lock back in place and I believe the clip is just messed up.
CamaroATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:26 PM   #51
LAPPEDbyZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro zl1 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie View Post
I think looks are debatable, the Banks is very utilitarian vs the Aeroforce which has a more classic look with countless customization options and machined aluminum bezels. Does the Banks have anything besides the black plastic bezel and face? The Aeroforce also has fan and IC pump activation and about 60 enhanced parameters like IAT2, IAT3, Inj DC, Ethanol %. I admit I don't know what all the Banks supports. Does it support enhanced parameters?
How exactly do you control the INTERCOOLER ACTIVATION from the guage?
LAPPEDbyZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #52
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
So bring this thread back, how does the gauge read ethanol?
Do you need a flex fuel sensor also?

Does the gauge only connect to the obd?
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #53
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
So bring this thread back, how does the gauge read ethanol?
Do you need a flex fuel sensor also?

Does the gauge only connect to the obd?
Just put my Banks iDash in and absolutely love it!

It does read ethanol.

Yes, you would need the flex fuel sensor.

It only connects to the ALDL OBD-II port.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:02 PM   #54
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I can't speak for the Banks or Even NGauge, however I do use a Aem X-Series OBD2 gage and will say if you plan on doing any logging with HP Tuners that you have to unhook the OBD gage as you will run into data stream logging.

I bring it up so that if you mount something like this make sure you have access to some way to disconnect it easily. I had everything on a OBD - T Splitter as I have a logging wideband also. Everything looked nice and clean up behind the dash until I started running into freezing log files LOL

Why disconnect the AEM? I use the same gauge for my wideband and use an OBD-passthru. Not only do logs work fine, but HPTuners can be configured to read the wideband data.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #55
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
G2K, did you purchase the DataMonster or the SuperGauge? It appears both of them take an SD card. If that’s the case than I’d believe the firmware could be flashed in both. I don’t need the DataMonster because I log in HPT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Why disconnect the AEM? I use the same gauge for my wideband and use an OBD-passthru. Not only do logs work fine, but HPTuners can be configured to read the wideband data.
That is exactly what I was thinking in doing. But someone should come out with a gauge like the idash but also that you can connect a wideband that will work with hp tuners.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:05 PM   #56
FlyingFischer5

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Satin Steel Gray
Love the iDash gauges. Got two of them installed and have more information than I know what to do with...
Attached Images

2019 Chevy Camaro - 2SS - Satin Steel Gray Metallic - RotoFab w/Dry Filter and Sound Tube Delete, Borla S-Type Carbon, Mishimoto Catch Can, (2) Banks iDash Gauges in ZZP Pillar Mount, DD Side Marker Lights, EOS Gloss Black ZL1 Splitter, Ikon Gloss Black Rear Diffuser

2004 Chevy Trailblazer - LS 4.2l - Black - 3.5" Lift, Custom Interior, Custom Roof Rack and Grille w/Built-in Light Bars, 285/55R20 on Trailblazer SS Wheels
FlyingFischer5 is offline   Reply With Quote