Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 09-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #15
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I did mine at 600m. Oil looked like new. Didn't cut open filter to inspect. Added magnetic drain plug. I will change it again in the next few weeks at ~1600miles total.

I'm just OCD and I actually enjoy changing my oil lol. I plan on 3-5k between changes going forward.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #16
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
I did mine at 1000km bought filter and Dexos2 oil and that's it.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:24 AM   #17
CHV2SS

Drives: '19 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
As said, lots of opinions on this will be coming in.

I went with 3500 miles for my first. It was about 6 months in for ownership. Current state of motor oils isn't like older technology and no break in oil is used anymore.
i have a '19 2ss and its under 3500 thinking of doing my first oil change next month. whats the best oil to get and also is it hard to change diff fluid?
CHV2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:38 AM   #18
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHV2SS View Post
i have a '19 2ss and its under 3500 thinking of doing my first oil change next month. whats the best oil to get and also is it hard to change diff fluid?
This is the oil and diff fluid to use:

You'll need 10 qts of oil and 2 qts (and a pump) of diff fluid. The Diff will take about 1.25 qts and the hand pump will make it easy to fill.

The Diff is very easy and accessible, did both of my fluids last weekend (at 505 miles on the clock). You just need a 3/8" drive ratchet and extension (no socket, the diff fill and drain are square drive holes)

You can get the oil here: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mobil...ts,371931.html

You can get the Diff fluid pump here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Diff fluid you can get from your dealer.
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #19
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum922 View Post
Bought my 17 2ss in the middle of july. It has 600 miles on it. Some people say change it at 500 miles. Some say wait longer. Called the dealer. They said "600 miles isn't enough to even warm it up. Wait for 2000-3000 mile range for the first oil change." I have 2 years to use the 2 free oil changes.( i also bought 6 future oil changes for 300.00) I said it might be over a year before I have that much mileage on it. He said it would be fine since its synthetic and won't go bad. It is not a daily driver. What did you guys do or are going to Do about first oil change times?

At what interval does your owners manual say ? I change the oil in my toy cars once a year since I dont put alot of miles on them.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:44 PM   #20
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
At what interval does your owners manual say ? I change the oil in my toy cars once a year since I dont put alot of miles on them.
Keep in mind the intervals in the owners manual are also set up to make vehicles look relatively "low maintenance" as well...

Probably way overkill (except for the 500 mile change) but my 2020 2SS is going to get the following:

500 Miles - Oil, Oil Filter and Diff Fluid change (get all the initial break-in stuff out)
1,500 Miles - Oil, Oil Filter and Diff Fluid change (get remainder of break in materials out)
4,500 Miles - Oil, Oil Filter and Diff Fluid change (Diff only because I'll have enough fluid left from my original 4 qts I purchased)
7,500 Miles - Oil & Oil Filter change
10,500 Miles - Oil, Oil Filter and Diff Fluid change

I'll continue to do oil changes at 3,000 miles and Diff Fluid changes every other oil change (6,000 miles)...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:42 PM   #21
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
If you aren’t putting tons of miles on it change it once a year before you put it away for the winter. I change the oil in my truck once a month since day 1 and it runs like new. Truck just turned 2 years and has 103,000 on it now.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote