Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-16-2017, 07:50 PM   #29
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Funny the 2.0t cars don't come with the sound tube, the have a cap on the fire wall, I will look for the part # and post it, can't be more then $10 for one.
Did you find a part number by any chance?
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:39 AM   #30
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Nothing to add, but will be interested in this.

Hey SeniorChief... nuke or coner?
- ex-EM1(SS)

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #31
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Funny the 2.0t cars don't come with the sound tube, the have a cap on the fire wall, I will look for the part # and post it, can't be more then $10 for one.

The 2.0t cars have the fake engine noise in the sound system. It can be turned off through the DIC.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #32
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post

- ex-EM1(SS)
Coner. Former Radioman.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 05-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #33
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I just removed my tube. I used a heat gun and removed the tube from the fire wall plate. then I took a rubber heater hose cap Dormen # 02253 kit with the cooling stuff at your auto parts store. I soaped up 1 of the largest caps and put the closed end 1st into the out side part of the tube. put something under 1/2" into the cap that wont puncture it and tap it into the tube. it goes in tight but not hard. Then I took the next size down cap and did the same with the elbow on the intake. its a little harder but it will go in there not to hard. Now both should be sealed.
My sisters boyfriend is a machinist so I was thinking maybe he could make me a aluminum plug for the intake that is threaded for the elbow for the Elite E2 dual outlet catch can I have.
Attached Images

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #34
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Yes i did, we will post the part up for sale, there list is $22 and will have it up for less in the next day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post

- ex-EM1(SS)
It takes time to find and order parts, any way pics at the end of the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The 2.0t cars have the fake engine noise in the sound system. It can be turned off through the DIC.
OK, but dont think it has to do with the sound tube that comes on some cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I just removed my tube. I used a heat gun and removed the tube from the fire wall plate. then I took a rubber heater hose cap Dormen # 02253 kit with the cooling stuff at your auto parts store. I soaped up 1 of the largest caps and put the closed end 1st into the out side part of the tube. put something under 1/2" into the cap that wont puncture it and tap it into the tube. it goes in tight but not hard. Then I took the next size down cap and did the same with the elbow on the intake. its a little harder but it will go in there not to hard. Now both should be sealed.
My sisters boyfriend is a machinist so I was thinking maybe he could make me a aluminum plug for the intake that is threaded for the elbow for the Elite E2 dual outlet catch can I have.
looks good but a lot of work for a new $20 part, IMO.

New cap.

Here is the one that came on my car.

2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #35
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Yes i did, we will post the part up for sale, there list is $22 and will have it up for less in the next day or two.

It takes time to find and order parts, any way pics at the end of the reply.

OK, but dont think it has to do with the sound tube that comes on some cars.

looks good but a lot of work for a new $20 part, IMO.

New cap.

Here is the one that came on my car.

Good deal. Please let me know. I'll buy it.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #36
JCunningham

well actually its not much work at all takes 2 min to do and cost $5
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 05-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #37
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
well actually its not much work at all takes 2 min to do and cost $5
What ever floats your boat, nice work but i dont like the look of a hose fitting with a cap on the end, this is OEM and looks better in IMO, but nice way of salving a problem.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #38
JCunningham

ya i prefer oem solutions too. and will probably buy one.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:25 AM   #39
Max RS

Drives: 2016 SS AT
When will this part show up on your Gen5diy Website? Just looked, not showing under Gen 6 section. Ready to order!
2016 2SS AT
Max RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:11 AM   #40
thehartfive

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS SILVER ICE METALLIC
So did anyone get a part number yet???
thehartfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:40 AM   #41
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
still seems like an awful lot of effort to do something that should be doable with a simple plug in the tube without needing to remove the tube.

I'd just tape off on the intake side where the tube connects and connect it back up. Maybe add some thick double sided tape to the taped up opening to further deaden some of the noise. Should completely avoid the air intake sound from traveling through the tube. And it still looks oem for those that care about that. Should be a free mod if you already have box/duct tape.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:08 PM   #42
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max RS View Post
When will this part show up on your Gen5diy Website? Just looked, not showing under Gen 6 section. Ready to order!
We have to get all orders shipped today first, but by end of day will have it on the site and make a sale tread for you guys.

Its live now!!

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; 05-31-2017 at 02:04 PM.