Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #29
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Hi Adams guy,

That video does raise some questions. Can you please explain what we are seeing? I was going to apply on Saturday but now I'm a little uncertain. Thank you.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #30
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
How has this held up for you? I'm not super impressed after watching this review.
Since it's a new product It's only been applied for a couple month...….

9H Hardness
Adds extreme gloss, shine, and depth to paint
Super-slick, hydrophobic properties
Add 6-8 months of ceramic protection in minutes
Fast 1-2 minute flash time, few hours total cure time
Safe on all painted surfaces, glass, headlights, chrome, trim, wheels, even bed liners!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:03 PM   #31
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
Hi Adams guy,

That video does raise some questions. Can you please explain what we are seeing? I was going to apply on Saturday but now I'm a little uncertain. Thank you.
What specific questions do you have?
I will be happy to answer.

I can say it's pretty simple to apply.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #32
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
What specific questions do you have?
I will be happy to answer.

I can say it's pretty simple to apply.
I am very new to the ceramic detailing world so this is all a learning experience for me. The poster of the video has made certain claims about the behavior of the Adams Spray Ceramic as opposed to the other traditional full ceramic products which must be apllied using an applicator.
Why does the Adams product not harden like other full ceramic applications? As a result the intentional high spots did not harden and were easily knocked down by just wiping with a wet rag.
Why did the product lose it's beading properties immediately after being exposed to other cleaning products?
Those are just a few off the top of my head. Again, just trying to gain knowledge here and if I sound ignorant, please forgive me.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #33
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
I am very new to the ceramic detailing world so this is all a learning experience for me. The poster of the video has made certain claims about the behavior of the Adams Spray Ceramic as opposed to the other traditional full ceramic products which must be apllied using an applicator.
Why does the Adams product not harden like other full ceramic applications? As a result the intentional high spots did not harden and were easily knocked down by just wiping with a wet rag.
Why did the product lose it's beading properties immediately after being exposed to other cleaning products?
Those are just a few off the top of my head. Again, just trying to gain knowledge here and if I sound ignorant, please forgive me.
The Ceramic Spray is a true coating however it doesn't crystallize like our traditional Coating.
Not sure about the losing the beading, my truck was done about a couple months ago and it beads like crazy.
Maybe the surface wasn't prepared properly......not sure.
Don't feel bad we are all learning about coatings.

Hope this helps!

Did you watch our video?

https://youtu.be/Fcfe8bU1g5Y
Old 03-01-2019, 04:42 AM   #34
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Backyard chemist youtube yahoos doing chemical resistance testing on a spray coating using full strength wheel cleaners and iron removers is nowhere near realistic. Hard to tell when they're just masking the surface or stripping the coating. Yes overspray can happen but not like what they do in the vids. Adams website does say "acid-resistant" but heavy spray downs of full strength IronX is a bit much. Besides, most educated DIY-deailing folks spray their rags first to avoid getting overspray on their paint.

So all that said, I often park under live oak trees at work, and Reload holds up pretty well to the weak (tannic acid) acidic water that drops from the trees when it rains. Typically this masks the beading of Reload until I either wash the car or it sits out in the rain away from the trees for a couple days.

I just ordered some Adams Ceramic Spray and will do an A/B test on my garaged DD Genesis vs. Reload. This new spray requires clay and alcohol prep. Reload lasts on my DD for 3 months with only a wash & clay prep. Reload is water based and doesn't require alcohol prep. I shall see if ACS is worth 4x the $$$ and extra prep, and if it really lasts 2-3x as long as Reload.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:37 AM   #35
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Backyard chemist youtube yahoos doing chemical resistance testing on a spray coating using full strength wheel cleaners and iron removers is nowhere near realistic. Hard to tell when they're just masking the surface or stripping the coating. Yes overspray can happen but not like what they do in the vids. Adams website does say "acid-resistant" but heavy spray downs of full strength IronX is a bit much. Besides, most educated DIY-deailing folks spray their rags first to avoid getting overspray on their paint.

So all that said, I often park under live oak trees at work, and Reload holds up pretty well to the weak (tannic acid) acidic water that drops from the trees when it rains. Typically this masks the beading of Reload until I either wash the car or it sits out in the rain away from the trees for a couple days.

I just ordered some Adams Ceramic Spray and will do an A/B test on my garaged DD Genesis vs. Reload. This new spray requires clay and alcohol prep. Reload lasts on my DD for 3 months with only a wash & clay prep. Reload is water based and doesn't require alcohol prep. I shall see if ACS is worth 4x the $$$ and extra prep, and if it really lasts 2-3x as long as Reload.
Thank you. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #36
Mr.DoubleB

Drives: 2018 1LE/LS
I read somewhere that this can be applied to matte and satin finishes without adding gloss. Is this true?
Mr.DoubleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #37
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.DoubleB View Post
I read somewhere that this can be applied to matte and satin finishes without adding gloss. Is this true?
“Can I use this on Matte/ Satin Paint or Vinyl Wraps? Will it make it glossy?” You can use this on Matte and Satin finishes. It will add increasingly better depth and sheen to the surface, but will not make it shiny! As this coating will flash on a clear coat, window, or gloss surface, you will not get flashing but still need to level off the coating as it will look streaky and smudgy in appearance upon application.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #38
SSShark

Spent 6 hours today, I am absolutely beat.
First I washed with Adams Strip Wax, then washed with Ultimate Foam Shampoo, then clayed, then prepped and finally applied Adams Ceramic Spray Coating.
Attached Images

Last edited by SSShark; 03-02-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #39
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:

Surprised you only get 3 months from Reload. Are you wiping the surface down with an oil remover, like Eraser?

I've found that sometimes after washing the beading and sheeting seem to go away, but if I wash the car with Reset it comes right back.

My ungaraged DD gets 6 months with Reload, but I stopped using it unless I'm doing my yearly polish with Essence.
The rest of the year I just use Hydrofoam, it's easier to apply, as you just have to wash your car with it.

I agree with you about the testing on the new Adams product, he should have used a ph meter for the chemicals used, like done in this video for Reload. Maybe someone at Adams could do a test like this for their new spray on coating?

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #40
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I didn't prep it and the paint was 6 years old at the time (now 7). Pretty good to get 3mo IMO...
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:56 PM   #41
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
I didn't prep it and the paint was 6 years old at the time (now 7). Pretty good to get 3mo IMO...
Yes 3 months is good with no prep at all. I'm pretty sure you could get 5-6 with prep.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:09 PM   #42
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Has anyone here tried it over paint protection film? Is clay and a wash the only prep if using over film?

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adams ceramic spray, adams polishes, camaro 1le