Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #715
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Who says I'm putting stock into it? it's a conversation. I made a point, you questioned it, and here we are. Stop trying to make it out to be any more than that. For the record, do you really think I care how someone else's car stacks up to mine? But in any case, why are you defending people being dishonest about their mods and trying to mislead people? If you're ok with it then good for you. I'm not ok with it so I brought it up. And when I see it I call bullshit on it. If you wanna keep your mods to yourself then fine. But when you straight up lie with the intention to make yourself look better then that is different.

And for the record, it seems that all the Mustang guys are defending this type of behavior while those of us on the Camaro side are discouraging and ridiculing it. That says a lot about mentality here vs them over there. Let me ask you, what legit reason would you have to hide mods? The only reason a person would do that is because they're trying to race cars that they know are slower and are downplaying their mods because they know they'll win. And it is Mustang guys doing it. Which says a lot about their character. Especially since you're the only ones sticking up for that type of nonsense.

Like I said, I've always seen the opposite. People did not hide mods or lie about them from what I've seen. If you were at a meet or on the strip or about to race someone and asked then what they did to their car they'd run off an entire list of mods. It was far different from what it is now.
What you may have seen in your past does not paint the whole picture. I have seen differently as i'm sure many other have also, so the truth lies somewhere in between. You can grandstand all you want about how upright and honest Camaro owners are but i've know quite a few in my years and have no problem telling you that you're full of shit.

You are entitled to your opinion, In this instance yours happens to be incorrect. Do prattle on.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #716
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6-M22 View Post
Most people lie about mods. Some more then whats even believable. One guy over on M6G claims to run 11.3s @125 with simple boltons. S550 5.0 with an intake,midpipe and tune. Manual MT-82 no less. I say at least try to make it believable
It's about as bad as the guy on the Camaro6 FB page saying he ran a 10.10 quarter in a 500 hp SS. So, he showed his dyno results, yet not time slip of his 10.10, oh yea, at 134 mph. smh. Even I had to call him out on that.

I said, so basically, your 500 hp SS is faster than my 750 hp Zl1. Then all his homies chimed in and claimed it was legit and I'm like............wtf. It's worse than the Mustang guys.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #717
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
It's about as bad as the guy on the Camaro6 FB page saying he ran a 10.10 quarter in a 500 hp SS. So, he showed his dyno results, yet not time slip of his 10.10, oh yea, at 134 mph. smh. Even I had to call him out on that.

I said, so basically, your 500 hp SS is faster than my 750 hp Zl1. Then all his homies chimed in and claimed it was legit and I'm like............wtf. It's worse than the Mustang guys.
Are you referring to B Hill on that FB post ? If it is, I don't think he claimed that the car only made 500h...and if he did he was joking. His car however has run 10.1x and his slip is posted on this fast list.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #718
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
What you may have seen in your past does not paint the whole picture.
I never said it did. I mentioned my experiences. And likewise, what you've seen doesn't paint the entire picture either.
Quote:
You can grandstand all you want about how upright and honest Camaro owners are but i've know quite a few in my years and have no problem telling you that you're full of shit.
Well the funny thing is that you and the other Mustang guy are the only 2 people defending this type of behavior and making excuses for it. And you're the one talking about how the entire car game that you came up in was full of people lying about their mods. You're the one who hasn't had anything negative to say about this behavior. So if any is full of shit it's you.
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, In this instance yours happens to be incorrect. Do prattle on.
Why are you soo defensive of it? I could respect you if you had said that it was lots of people doing that and if you didn't show your support of it. But all you've done is effectively defended the people who lie and bullshit about their cars. So how the hell do you even know if your fast lists over there are accurate? For all you know everyone running the best times in the stock category are all modded. What a joke...

Quote:

I certainly have had run-ins with these types also. Most notably and most recently the guitarmeggedon dude who claimed his tuned ZL1 with cai is making 630 RWHP and beating Demons. I had it out with him on one of the pages and several others called him on his shit too. The difference is that we aren't defending it when any of the Camaro guys do it like these 2 Mustang guys are trying to defend it. I call people on their shit. And each time I do it turns out that they had other mods that they left out.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #719
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Here's the thing. I've not once endorsed the deceit. I've only made the point that at the end of tbe day I'm merely indifferent to it... because it doesn't matter. Like I said, what matters to me is that which I can control, e.g. my own actions. The actions and choices of others are their business. They want to conduct themselves as such, so be it. I'm not their dad, waiting to slap their wrists for fibbing. I participate in this hobby because I enjoy the activity, not because of some misguided drive to police others to my paradigm and no other. Rather I just like to have fun with it.

Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive anyway.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #720
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Here's the thing. I've not once endorsed the deceit. I've only made the point that at the end of tbe day I'm merely indifferent to it... because it doesn't matter. Like I said, what matters to me is that which I can control, e.g. my own actions. The actions and choices of others are their business. They want to conduct themselves as such, so be it. I'm not their dad, waiting to slap their wrists for fibbing. I participate in this hobby because I enjoy the activity, not because of some misguided drive to police others to my paradigm and no other. Rather I just like to have fun with it.

Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive anyway.
So because it doesn't matter to you it shouldn't matter to anyone? What if I said that you shouldn't take something seriously that matters to you? You're trying to paint this picture of me being upset or whatever when I merely mentioned it, called it out, and defended my position on it. And if it doesn't matter to you then why are you even debating it with me? Do I care what someone does with their car? Absolutely not. Do I care when that person goes around talking himself up and talking his car up and lying about the performance? Nope. But will I call him out on his bullshit? Yea I sure as hell will.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #721
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:

A stalled auto will show lower numbers. He was also in 5th gear. It’s a 580 rwhp car and 300-400 lbs lighter than yours

It’s a heads cam car with a bunch of bolt ons. What’s to hide? His build is well documented. He’s not hiding race fuel or gears or extreme weight reduction.

If you have 750 hp with a weak 60 ft and a 4000+ lb car of course he’s gonna beat you. Can you even beat my 480 rwhp bolt on car?

I have beaten stock z06 corvettes at the track many times. A lot more to drag racing than just hp

Your car sounds awesome. But if you are not in the 9s with that hp you are leaving a lot on the table

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 05-05-2018 at 09:45 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:19 AM   #722
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

10.10 @ 134 with 500 hp, is the car's weight 2500 lbs? I guess it's possible these NMRA factory sealed Coyote mustang are running low 10s with every trick in the book thrown at the cars.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #723
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
10.10 @ 134 with 500 hp, is the car's weight 2500 lbs? I guess it's possible these NMRA factory sealed Coyote mustang are running low 10s with every trick in the book thrown at the cars.
It’s 520 rwhp through a stalled auto that was unlocked and in the wrong gear. It’s a 580 rwhp car. 650+ Hp.

Heads cam cars are 520 rwhp to 600+ depending on build

The car is 3700lbs with him in it. Seats removed is only weight reduction. And obviously weight loss from drag pack

The lt1 has enough hp potential na to run 9s na SBE in nearly 4000 lb cars with pump E85. Non shop built off the shelf parts. He’s only been to the track twice with the combo and his best run had to be aborted. He’ll be in the 9s in the fall. And we’re still talking ported stock casting heads lol
Old 05-06-2018, 11:15 AM   #724
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I never said it did. I mentioned my experiences. And likewise, what you've seen doesn't paint the entire picture either.

Well the funny thing is that you and the other Mustang guy are the only 2 people defending this type of behavior and making excuses for it. And you're the one talking about how the entire car game that you came up in was full of people lying about their mods. You're the one who hasn't had anything negative to say about this behavior. So if any is full of shit it's you.

Why are you soo defensive of it? I could respect you if you had said that it was lots of people doing that and if you didn't show your support of it. But all you've done is effectively defended the people who lie and bullshit about their cars. So how the hell do you even know if your fast lists over there are accurate? For all you know everyone running the best times in the stock category are all modded. What a joke...

I certainly have had run-ins with these types also. Most notably and most recently the guitarmeggedon dude who claimed his tuned ZL1 with cai is making 630 RWHP and beating Demons. I had it out with him on one of the pages and several others called him on his shit too. The difference is that we aren't defending it when any of the Camaro guys do it like these 2 Mustang guys are trying to defend it. I call people on their shit. And each time I do it turns out that they had other mods that they left out.
I’m neither defending it nor against it. I understand that it is part of the game. It adds flavor to the stew imo.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #725
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
It’s 520 rwhp through a stalled auto that was unlocked and in the wrong gear. It’s a 580 rwhp car. 650+ Hp.

Heads cam cars are 520 rwhp to 600+ depending on build

The car is 3700lbs with him in it. Seats removed is only weight reduction. And obviously weight loss from drag pack

The lt1 has enough hp potential na to run 9s na SBE in nearly 4000 lb cars with pump E85. Non shop built off the shelf parts. He’s only been to the track twice with the combo and his best run had to be aborted. He’ll be in the 9s in the fall. And we’re still talking ported stock casting heads lol
that is still a lot of mph for 580whp@3700#
Old 05-06-2018, 03:12 PM   #726
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
that is still a lot of mph for 580whp@3700#
A zl1 would be about 4200 with driver and Traps ~128 at fast tracks and good conditions like his. And he probably has more hp than a stock zl1. 500 lbs lighter. And no torque management. The car will probably go 135-136 with some more time.

Tune and drag pack 18 gt has gone 128 in extreme negative da at 460 rwhp and ~3800 lbs they claim.

My car does 126 with around 480 rwhp in positive da 3700 lbs as well

I guess I don’t see that it’s off.

The only one that sounds impossible is the GT at 128 3800 lbs. 460 hp. as usual lol

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 05-06-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #727
autocross

Drives: 4Runner
Isn’t there more to a comparison thread than drag racing times? Surely there’s more to a car than just numbers?
autocross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:32 PM   #728
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Are you referring to B Hill on that FB post ? If it is, I don't think he claimed that the car only made 500h...and if he did he was joking. His car however has run 10.1x and his slip is posted on this fast list.
Not sure of the guys name and yes, he claimed he dyno'd at 500 hp. So, he was lying somewhere. Either he's NOT 500 hp or he's not running a 10.10 quarter.