Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-01-2018, 03:52 PM   #645
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102428

owner claims bone stock. Although he did adjust tire pressure so im sure that disqualifies it. Also Blaqwhole wasn't there to certify the pass so that probably also disqualifies it.

Its also not on the M6G fast list so thats 3 strikes.

was in 1300' d/a as well. Could be Evan Smith's ringer ....looks like the same car.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #646
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Fixed it for you.
That's just a very odd comment and observation on your part. Someone mentions a girl at a concert and you start thinking of girls in stuffed bras?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #647
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post

owner claims bone stock. Although he did adjust tire pressure so im sure that disqualifies it. Also Blaqwhole wasn't there to certify the pass so that probably also disqualifies it.

was in 1300' d/a as well. Could be Evan Smith's ringer ....looks like the same car.
Drag times is saying da is more like 1700. But he did say some good tailwind

That’s impressive

YO YO YO ! Nother level NA!
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #648
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Maybe if you deny it, people won't read the actual words you JUST wrote.
The cognitive dissonance is off the charts. You could make our president blush.

Really, you just randomly decided to make that statement?
You were trying to be coy, its obvious. You got called on it. Own it.

He beat a certain zl1's time. Maybe we can ask that owner? (Wait.... nevermind. The guy in the posted video was 'trying'. Not a fair comparison!).

How is that relevant? How do you know that? Are you saying no one tracks their 18 GT? Really?!?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? How is that relevant to the video? Do tell, do you ask the same thing of anyone who posts a quarter mile time in their Camaro??? "Oh yeah, butdo you run at full track events?".

Do all cars need your personal blessing, or only 18 GT's? Are you omnipresent?

Except for the ones posted herein?
How convenient to selectively ignore that which does not conform with your (rather ridiculous) bias.
You mad bro...??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:58 PM   #649
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
That's just a very odd comment and observation on your part. Someone mentions a girl at a concert and you start thinking of girls in stuffed bras?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I was going for the "hidden mod" angle. As a joke.

"a girl (giddy Mustang guy with first V8) with a stuffed bra (hidden modifications) at their first Boy band concert (drag racing)"

Swing and a miss....
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #650
Cerberos

Drives: 1976 camaro
Tested a 2018 GT a10 stock on drag radials in the stock wheels, 93 pump fuel, temp was 88*F, the car went 12.4@114 several times, 60ft was 2.0 not spining at all.

Also tested a 2016 camaro SS stock on a drag pack with 93 fuel, it went 12.3@113 with a 1.85 60ft also not spinning at all.

camaro put down 385whp in 6th gear, mustang put down 405whp in 7th, both this car will get intake, headers and flex fuel tunes, we will see where they end up.

From my own testing they are pretty even on a straight line, the difference in low end torque makes the mustang feel pretty weak before 4K rpms and it shows it on the 60ft.
Cerberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #651
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Swing and a miss....
subtle...

like them 10s “stock” stangs ...

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #652
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Maybe if you deny it, people won't read the actual words you JUST wrote.
The cognitive dissonance is off the charts. You could make our president blush.

Really, you just randomly decided to make that statement?
You were trying to be coy, its obvious. You got called on it. Own it.

He beat a certain zl1's time. Maybe we can ask that owner? (Wait.... nevermind. The guy in the posted video was 'trying'. Not a fair comparison!).

How is that relevant? How do you know that? Are you saying no one tracks their 18 GT? Really?!?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? How is that relevant to the video? Do tell, do you ask the same thing of anyone who posts a quarter mile time in their Camaro??? "Oh yeah, butdo you run at full track events?".

Do all cars need your personal blessing, or only 18 GT's? Are you omnipresent?

Except for the ones posted herein?
How convenient to selectively ignore that which does not conform with your (rather ridiculous) bias.
Is your attempt at trying to sound intelligent just sarcasm or do you really think you're impressing anyone? If it's the latter, you're failing miserably.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #653
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post

Looks like a strong pass.

Their is no doubt that with a hp bump to 460 coupled with the A10 trans that these cars are capable of good e.t.'s. What I find interesting is that when Evan first ran his numbers their was a strong influx of guys (or trolls.. whichever fits) that were saying that "because of their late release, wait til spring" to see all their spectacular times. The 2016 Camaro SS also had a late release if you remember, but at this time of year in 2016, I counted 17 members submitted timeslips for the fast list. I counted 1 submitted slip on Mg6 iirc.

I'm sure plenty of 2018 GT owners have hit the track by now. Did Evan's crazy quick ET discourage owners from posting, what they feel, are sub par numbers ? I am asking an honest question. Where are the timeslips ??
Old 05-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #654
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Drag times is saying da is more like 1700. But he did say some good tailwind

That’s impressive

YO YO YO ! Nother level NA!
"Nother level NA YO" is the Mustang version of "VTEC YO"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Looks like a strong pass.

Their is no doubt that with a hp bump to 460 coupled with the A10 trans that these cars are capable of good e.t.'s. What I find interesting is that when Evan first ran his numbers their was a strong influx of guys (or trolls.. whichever fits) that were saying that "because of their late release, wait til spring" to see all their spectacular times. The 2016 Camaro SS also had a late release if you remember, but at this time of year in 2016, I counted 17 members submitted timeslips for the fast list. I counted 1 submitted slip on Mg6 iirc.

I'm sure plenty of 2018 GT owners have hit the track by now. Did Evan's crazy quick ET discourage owners from posting, what they feel, are sub par numbers ? I am asking an honest question. Where are the timeslips ??
All of the fast ones are only on You Tube. They're too busy taking their Mustangs to "nother level NA".

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 05-01-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #655
autocross

Drives: 4Runner
Okay Guys, I just spend almost 2 hours going through this thread. I see a TON of bias, but I need some unbiased guidance.

Let’s put aside all numbers. I know, you must think i’m crazy. The truth is we don’t think of numbers when we drive, right? It’s all about the experience, and i hate to say it - cost of ownership. So let me ask all of you for your unbiased OPINION! No facts. What car (GT or SS) is more fun to drive?

Part 2: Reliability. I heard a lot of mentions of reliability earlier on, but how about now. We’ve had a good amount of time to watch the GT’s and ecoboosts roll off the lots and get thrashed. Are they reliable? is the high revving coyote too good to be true?

What’s the aftermarket like? I thought the camaro looked pretty slim on the aftermarket. Suspension mods for me are a must. Which one can run bigger tires?

Is one built better than the other?
autocross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:48 PM   #656
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocross View Post
Okay Guys, I just spend almost 2 hours going through this thread. I see a TON of bias, but I need some unbiased guidance.
Well there will be bias. This is a Camaro thread after all. However most of us have experience with Mustangs. And we're expressing our discontent with the Mustang based on our experiences. So it isn't like we just bought Camaros and started talking shit about the competition.

Quote:
Let’s put aside all numbers. I know, you must think i’m crazy. The truth is we don’t think of numbers when we drive, right? It’s all about the experience, and i hate to say it - cost of ownership. So let me ask all of you for your unbiased OPINION! No facts. What car (GT or SS) is more fun to drive?
Stock to stock I'd say the Camaro because it has much more power off the line and it handles way better. Although I am not familiar with the PP2, I would say that the PP1 is no match for the SS 1LE and I doubt it is much of a match against the standard SS.

Quote:
Part 2: Reliability. I heard a lot of mentions of reliability earlier on, but how about now. We’ve had a good amount of time to watch the GT’s and ecoboosts roll off the lots and get thrashed. Are they reliable? is the high revving coyote too good to be true?
They both have a good warranty but I'd say the Camaro is more reliable. There were tons of issues with the S550 that carried over from the S197. Hood vibration issues, drivetrain vibration, tramlining, as well as other issues...oil consumption (GT350), issues with the clutch, etc. Ford seems to be content with pumping out as many Mustangs as possible and it seems that quality kinda takes a back seat.

Quote:
What’s the aftermarket like? I thought the camaro looked pretty slim on the aftermarket. Suspension mods for me are a must. Which one can run bigger tires?

The aftermarket is virtually the same for both cars. Anything you can get for a Mustang, you can also get for a Camaro. The Camaro just doesn't need the aftermarket support that the Mustang seems to need. At least in the 15-17 MYs. Time will tell if the 18s need suspension, OPG, brake, and axle upgrades. I'm not sure which one can run bigger tires.

If you're in the market for one of these cars then your best bet is to take them both for an extended test drive and see which one you prefer. If your goal is to heavily mod whichever one you get then I'd steer you towards a GT. If you want the better performer out the box and don't plan on doing any mods then the SS is the best bet.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:55 AM   #657
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that the data is out for the 2018 GT yet but the 2017 GT did fare better than the Camaro in J.D. Powers review. There does seem to be more issues with the 18 though.

The fun factor well that is up to the individual, I test drove the new SS, and 18 GT and I still think my Boss is more fun to drive, go figure.

Aftermarket - no question the GT, there are a ton of aftermarket tuners and parts out there.

IMO if I was thinking about a new purchase I would wait for the 2019 SS with the A10. The Bullitt will soon hit the streets and is packing 480-hp, this will surely find its way into the GT very soon. Dodge is teasing a 426 Hemi, will it make its way into a RT Challenger, if so that could be alot of fun! Things to consider.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 05-02-2018 at 07:06 AM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:44 AM   #658
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

How do you define “fun to drive”? The cars have different personalities. If you like massive low end torque, Camaro. If you like effortless top end acceleration, Mustang. If you like feeling like you can turn on a dime, Camaro. If you like a smooth jolt free ride, Mustang or Camaro with MRC.

Quote:
JD Power gives a good by-the-numbers assessment, but when they compile the numbers, dropped valves and wireless charge pad doesn’t work Have the same impact on scoring. Comparing JD Power numbers should be the start of understanding reliability, but not the only measure. I would give the edge to Camaro, because the transmission shudder problems some have experienced with the A8 have been identified and isolated to cars built before June 2017 and dealers have a TSB detailing the fix. There have been no serious engine issues tagged. Ford is still trying to get a handle on the engine issues plaguing the 2018. I’m sure they will figure it out, but right now they are stacking up a pile of pi$$ed off customers.

Quote:
You can get the same types of solutions for either on the aftermarket, but you can probably find more vendor options for Mustang. At the end of the day, you will only use one vendor per accessory. How many CAIs do you expect to buy? How many Whipplesor Procharges? Mustang will have more vendors selling them. Some vendors will cover both cars. Who has the better vendors? Not sure how to answer that, so we’ll leave that for people who really do mods.

Quote:
Unless you are one who digs through Harbour Reports data and study Munro tear down data, the answer is very subjective. Go with what feels better on test drive. Maybe also drive a few 2 - 3 year old cars on used dealer lots to get a feel for how the chassis holds up over a couple years and place your chips based on that.

In any event, wishing you well in your search and choice.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote