Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-29-2019, 04:47 PM   #15
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrusco View Post
Loved this email from them today.. Poor business with even worse grammar haha..
YIKES.....that is terrible....I couldnt even imagine receiving an email like that from a business?
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #16
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Why don't you show the rest of the email?
Old 07-29-2019, 09:23 PM   #17
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Very unprofessional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:06 PM   #18
VIRBound

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
For those interested in the other side of this story.

Greg reached out to us back in March inquiring about a cage. We went over every possible detail including fitment pictures, pricing, etc of our offering, including the sub harness bars and available options. Once pricing is discussed, conversation ends...for 6 weeks.

In May conversation starts back up with more questions regarding fit/finish of the roll bar, additional questions about sub harness bars, and recommendations for harnesses/connection points. We again go above and beyond with thorough responses including competitive pricing for OTS items like the harnesses. At this point it’s mentioned that Greg would now like to go the RPM route for the cage, and GT harness bars knowing of the conflict in designs. I ask why he’s chosen the RPM bar over GT to attempt to still provide him with a complete package. His answer is that his dad prefers how the stock back seats look in the car and doesn’t want to remove them. Obviously this is not something we can cater to with our roll bar, so I don’t press the discussion further. He mentions forming up an order the following week (May 10). Again conversation ends...for 8 weeks.

And it’s then rekindled in July asking us questions about harness installation in his car. At this point Greg has purchased an RPM bar and a harness from other vendors. We did not provide any support to his questions. Another week goes by and we then receive an email from Greg asking to move forward with the custom sub harness bars. (It should be noted that $0 has exchanged hands between Greg and GT, ever). I (Jordan) reply back to Greg and let him know that it’s still an option, however we no longer had a 6th Gen Camaro to jig them up on. At this point I get my business partner involved (Rosco) to discuss our options since we don’t have a 6th Gen to confirm fit on. At the end of our discussion, we agreed that it would be best not to offer Greg a custom solution that varies from our normal production jig, as we don’t have a car to fit them to like we did months prior. This is a huge risk for us already without having the customer car here with a rollbar we’ve never seen, and now introducing variation by fabricating outside of the standard jig. I replied to Greg’s email explaining that we can no longer offer the custom sub bars as I had originally expected. This was not well received, and Greg then asked to purchase standard sub harness bars. We opted not to move forward with offering the factory dimensioned sub bars to Greg, as we know they will not fit with an RPM bar, and will require modification. Again this is a safety related product with our name on it, and we are unable to control the modifications to it.

We thought that this was the end of the discussion as 1) we ultimately were unable to provide sub bars to cater to Greg’s needs and 2) there was zero financial obligation to move forward with, be it a refund or shipping parts. That was last Tuesday. Thursday rolls around and a Facebook post is made about a completely unrelated part we offer (brake ducts) by another ZLE owner, and Greg chimes in unwarranted implying he somehow never received parts he paid for. When I asked him what he’s referring to, he brings up the sub harness bars and a strange recount of what actually transpired between us (namely thinking that modifying our bars was the sole reason he picked up an RPM bar, despite telling me the actual reason was to retain back seats).

Following that discussion, Greg decides its necessary to leave negative reviews/slander of our business on any platform that he can (negative review on FB page, 1 Star on yelp, this thread) all because of a product we had no obligation to provide him with in the first place.

In the end, we chose to avoid an unhappy customer by providing a product we couldn’t guarantee to be a perfect fit, and ended up with an unhappy customer. Unfortunately, we did our very best to provide Greg with all the information he needed throughout his entire build process (spanning 5 months), and that has been swept under the rug in the end over not being able to provide a custom built part we originally intended to be able to provide.

To answer about the last email, yes it was unprofessional and I do apologize that it made it out to a customer. Emotions are/were running high over a non-issue that has somehow become a big to do. As such they got out in the way of an email, which looks even worse snipped out of context to suit a narrative.

Hope this helps clear up our position on the entire exchange.
VIRBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #19
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Completely unprofessional. As a small business owner this is not how you operate.
Yeah.. I had planned to chat with them about a rollbar as, IMO, both the other options leave a lot to be desired from an engineering perspective but that email alone will make me continue to look elsewhere. That's some BS.

Edit: While the other side of the story is nice, there's still no excuse for ever sending an email like that as a business. You can have the biggest pain in the d$ck customer and you still don't do it. Ever. I did laugh on the "look of the stock seats" bit though.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:31 AM   #20
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
It doesn't suit the narrative the OP is going for.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #21
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
It doesn't suit the narrative the OP is going for.
This is also agree with. The OP def made it fit his narrative and he left a lot out of the story based on GT's response.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:55 AM   #22
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

GT still replied like a 16 year old girl though with the name calling, a company sending that to someone makes you feel very questioned about ever spending a dime with them.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:15 AM   #23
VIRBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Yeah.. I had planned to chat with them about a rollbar as, IMO, both the other options leave a lot to be desired from an engineering perspective but that email alone will make me continue to look elsewhere. That's some BS.

Edit: While the other side of the story is nice, there's still no excuse for ever sending an email like that as a business. You can have the biggest pain in the d$ck customer and you still don't do it. Ever. I did laugh on the "look of the stock seats" bit though.
We are by no means perfect, and I am not attempting to provide an excuse for the email. I acknowledged its unprofessionalism and apologized for it, which is all I can do at this point. With that being said, I would hope that the opportunity to earn your business would be done so through communication between us directly, rather than judgement cast purely off of 1 sentence of hundreds sent between us and another potential customer. We have a lot of satisfied customers with our roll bar, brake duct kits, and sub harness bars, unfortunately the positive experiences are not the ones that get this kind of attention.
VIRBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:36 AM   #24
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
I for one would be more likely to buy from them for not being politically correct.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:11 AM   #25
gcrusco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I will gladly post all screenshots I have of the communication and the full email
gcrusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:39 AM   #26
gcrusco

Hey guys, there is always two sides to every story. I have tried to be transparent with everything even praising GT on their initial communication being very helpful. GT of all people should know communication took a 4 week break from May-June as it takes 4-6 weeks to get the RPM rollbar plus installation which you agreed I would get back to you once it was installed..

However, in the end they agreed to make me a product and agreed to make it knowing I was going with the RPM rollbar. I cannot attach every facebook message as their is so many but I have attached the ones that clearly show GT agreeing to it, fully knowing my plans. GT is more than welcome to attach all the other screenshots as they have access to them as well.

They went as far as to send me an email saying it was my fault they wont make it by going with RPM and the continued the lies on FB saying that I was asking for an "Out of Stock Part" which is funny coming from a company that is all Made to Order parts that takes 4-6 weeks to make.. anyways take it how you like. To me they lied, were rude and show no effort into remediation. Just getting the story out there it may not happen anyone else but everyone is free to make their own decisions.
Attached Images

Last edited by gcrusco; 07-31-2019 at 01:13 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-31-2019, 10:43 AM   #27
gcrusco

Here is the full email showing how poor they treat their customers. In the end its over now, I personally will never use them again, however many probably will. I just hope it doesn't happen to any one else.

I have every right to write a negative review just like someone has the right to make a positive one. I have never once slandered their name or business and have clearly wished them the best in their business multiple times.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2019, 10:52 AM   #28
gcrusco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRBound View Post
For those interested in the other side of this story.

Greg reached out to us back in March inquiring about a cage. We went over every possible detail including fitment pictures, pricing, etc of our offering, including the sub harness bars and available options. Once pricing is discussed, conversation ends...for 6 weeks.

In May conversation starts back up with more questions regarding fit/finish of the roll bar, additional questions about sub harness bars, and recommendations for harnesses/connection points. We again go above and beyond with thorough responses including competitive pricing for OTS items like the harnesses. At this point it’s mentioned that Greg would now like to go the RPM route for the cage, and GT harness bars knowing of the conflict in designs. I ask why he’s chosen the RPM bar over GT to attempt to still provide him with a complete package. His answer is that his dad prefers how the stock back seats look in the car and doesn’t want to remove them. Obviously this is not something we can cater to with our roll bar, so I don’t press the discussion further. He mentions forming up an order the following week (May 10). Again conversation ends...for 8 weeks.

And it’s then rekindled in July asking us questions about harness installation in his car. At this point Greg has purchased an RPM bar and a harness from other vendors. We did not provide any support to his questions. Another week goes by and we then receive an email from Greg asking to move forward with the custom sub harness bars. (It should be noted that $0 has exchanged hands between Greg and GT, ever). I (Jordan) reply back to Greg and let him know that it’s still an option, however we no longer had a 6th Gen Camaro to jig them up on. At this point I get my business partner involved (Rosco) to discuss our options since we don’t have a 6th Gen to confirm fit on. At the end of our discussion, we agreed that it would be best not to offer Greg a custom solution that varies from our normal production jig, as we don’t have a car to fit them to like we did months prior. This is a huge risk for us already without having the customer car here with a rollbar we’ve never seen, and now introducing variation by fabricating outside of the standard jig. I replied to Greg’s email explaining that we can no longer offer the custom sub bars as I had originally expected. This was not well received, and Greg then asked to purchase standard sub harness bars. We opted not to move forward with offering the factory dimensioned sub bars to Greg, as we know they will not fit with an RPM bar, and will require modification. Again this is a safety related product with our name on it, and we are unable to control the modifications to it.

We thought that this was the end of the discussion as 1) we ultimately were unable to provide sub bars to cater to Greg’s needs and 2) there was zero financial obligation to move forward with, be it a refund or shipping parts. That was last Tuesday. Thursday rolls around and a Facebook post is made about a completely unrelated part we offer (brake ducts) by another ZLE owner, and Greg chimes in unwarranted implying he somehow never received parts he paid for. When I asked him what he’s referring to, he brings up the sub harness bars and a strange recount of what actually transpired between us (namely thinking that modifying our bars was the sole reason he picked up an RPM bar, despite telling me the actual reason was to retain back seats).

Following that discussion, Greg decides its necessary to leave negative reviews/slander of our business on any platform that he can (negative review on FB page, 1 Star on yelp, this thread) all because of a product we had no obligation to provide him with in the first place.

In the end, we chose to avoid an unhappy customer by providing a product we couldn’t guarantee to be a perfect fit, and ended up with an unhappy customer. Unfortunately, we did our very best to provide Greg with all the information he needed throughout his entire build process (spanning 5 months), and that has been swept under the rug in the end over not being able to provide a custom built part we originally intended to be able to provide.

To answer about the last email, yes it was unprofessional and I do apologize that it made it out to a customer. Emotions are/were running high over a non-issue that has somehow become a big to do. As such they got out in the way of an email, which looks even worse snipped out of context to suit a narrative.

Hope this helps clear up our position on the entire exchange.

Y'all have changed your story so many times. You continue to keep up the issue by sending me the above email, so I'm obligated to explain myself as you are.
Attached Images

Tags
garage therapy, harness, rollbar, zl1, zle