Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-19-2017, 12:25 AM   #1
G6CamJK

Drives: 16 2SS Convertible, 08 JKU
bonafied touring car

I have long thought this 6th gen Camaro is more than a straight line muscle car and also different than a sports car. That kinda leaves it in the Grand Touring class.

After completing a round trip from my home north of Dallas, Tx to Nashville, Tn and back it is now cemented in my mind, at least, this is an American Touring Car.

Raining like mad in Arkansas the car was rock steady on the interstate. In the hills of Tennessee in 6th gear, cruise control set to 70 up and down, no engine lag, no fading down on the speed to 69, 68, 67 mph. Accelerate up a 10% incline to beat an 18 wheeler to single lane merge was as easy as twitching my right foot.

Cruise through lower Broadway amidst the honky-tonks with the top down and my cousin made the comment how different and exciting it was compared to her mini- van and family sedan.

All that and comfortable seats. The car delivered.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #2
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Yes the CA6 Camaro is a great, comfortable sports/touring car with old school muscle. As for my SS I feel the same way except you cannot see out of it, so it detracts from the enjoyment of the drive. You solved that by buying the one with the roof chopped off! Smart buy. As for me I enjoy our Accord Touring V6 more on long drives. But it feels so slow!
Old 08-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #3
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I have done 3 major road trips (1500 miles+), car has amazed me every time! 29 to 32 mpg, the tour mode MRC comfort and I love it!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #4
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
Best combo Hot Rod & Cruiser in the known universe.

MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
This is the only reason I even looked at a Gen 6 Camaro. I have had muscle cars, many sports cars. I want an all around GT class car. Reading all the comparisons with M4 and Car of the Year awards got me to actually look into the engineering of why. The Alpha platform and LT1 massive torque curve, all the coolers, Tremec transmission, 3.73 gears equals very comparable to C7 Corvette performance. Just look at supercar type numbers from not so long ago and see how this car stacks up.

I love the capabilities of this car
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #6
batmobile209

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
bona fide
batmobile209 is offline   Reply With Quote