Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 09-09-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Bad experience at the dealer

I took my Camaro in for an oil/filter change and tire rotation. It's part of their 2 free oil/filter changes & tire rotation for two years on new cars. When I got home, I looked at the tires, they were not rotated even though the invoice says it was done. Upon closer inspection, the invoice says the oil filter change was deleted. WTF? I called the dealer to find out why this happened. The manager said he checked the video to find the service tech did not rotate the tires but did change the oil and filter. OK. So why didn't the tech do the f'ing job correctly? The manager says It was a paperwork mix up. Um the paperwork says it was done. Where exactally is the mix up? They did TRY to make it right by telling me to bring it back in. Um...Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. Phillips Chevrolet in Lansing, IL can go pound sand. I wont be back.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
Redline_2ss

Drives: 2018 camaro 2ss
by what I've heard tire rotations on these cars are pretty pointless. When they rotate tires on most cars is because all 4 are the same size and the pair that are used to put power down usually wear out faster than the other 2. But in our cars the fronts and the rears are different sizes. Because of that instead of making an X with the tires they would just move them from one left to right and right to left.
Redline_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:49 PM   #3
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Captain, I'm not trying to toot their horn, but from what I read, one mistake was made and they attempted to make it right, but you won't have any of that. Why not give them a chance? Did anything else happen that also affected your confidence in them?

(Of course it's possible this wasn't an honest mistake and they're trying to screw you out of a free, although not overly valuable, tire rotation, but I don't see any major gain they would score with that...)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #4
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Dealer service dept should have know and said "we dont rotate tires on staggered cars" instead of feeding you standard message that plays on computer billboard on endless loop behind them at service desk.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #5
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
The OP has an RS so no staggered tires. I would also be upset....
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #6
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline_2ss View Post
by what I've heard tire rotations on these cars are pretty pointless. When they rotate tires on most cars is because all 4 are the same size and the pair that are used to put power down usually wear out faster than the other 2. But in our cars the fronts and the rears are different sizes. Because of that instead of making an X with the tires they would just move them from one left to right and right to left.
Since I have an RS V6, all 4 of my tires are the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Captain, I'm not trying to toot their horn, but from what I read, one mistake was made and they attempted to make it right, but you won't have any of that. Why not give them a chance? Did anything else happen that also affected your confidence in them?

(Of course it's possible this wasn't an honest mistake and they're trying to screw you out of a free, although not overly valuable, tire rotation, but I don't see any major gain they would score with that...)
I'm fairly sure most people wouldn't even check to see if their tires were rotated and they are counting on it. I was given some BS story that it was a paperwork error. Hmmmm but the paperwork says oil/filter change and tire rotation. AND the paperwork also says "oil filter change delete". Does that mean they didn't change the oil filter either? Too much drama with this and I'm not letting them touch my car again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Dealer service dept should have know and said "we dont rotate tires on staggered cars" instead of feeding you standard message that plays on computer billboard on endless loop behind them at service desk.
I don't have a staggered car. It's an RS V6. All 4 are the same.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote