Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 01-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
JANNETTY RACING CUSTOM TUNING NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY

My name is Ted Jannetty, I am 53 years old, I have been tuning engines since they had Points ignition and carburetors back in the early 70s.

Now I am not one to wave my own flag but I feel people need to know.

I built my first dedicated drag race street car at age 19 A 1972 Chevy Nov with dual 4 barrel carbs on a tunnel ram with dual point ignition 355 small block and succeed to dominate the local street race seen for 4 years which lead to the opening of Jannetty Racing Ent. in 1986.

I am very well known locally as the go to guy for designing, building and tuning the vehicle of your dreams both cars and trucks.

Fast forward to January 2010 When I teamed up with SCT to create the first GM Remote tuning program specifically for the Gen5 Camaro.

Previous to 2010 I had been using SCT since 2003 tuning Ford and Dodge vehicles on my Superflow Chassis Dyno and tuning GM with HPtuners which at the time did not offer any remote tuning devices.

Today I have lost count on how many GM vehicles I have tuned with just SCT but last I checked it had exceed 6500 which was over a year ago.

I take Great Pride in doing the best possible tunes I can for Every person individually.

I have built a reputation as a attention to detail tuner who gets recommendations from major performance companies, GM engineers Whom I have custom tuned for, I am contracted to do calibrations for Supercharger companies, performance stores and may speed shops around the world.

For this platform I offer remote custom tuning Via SCT, HPtuners, and Diablosport.

So with all of this you have to ask the question do you want the best tune possible for your car or do you want to jump on the deal of the day.

Good tunes aren't cheap and cheap tunes aren't good.

Ask around about JRE custom tuning.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 01-26-2018 at 09:10 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I vouch for Ted's service. I've had JRE tunes on my 2010 Camaro SS and my 2016 Camaro SS. Both vehicles had bolt on mods (headers, CAI, ported TB) and JRE tune. My 2016 has the added benefit of an e85 conversion. Both of these vehicles driving experience was totally transformed by Ted's tune. My experience went from meh to , OH HELL YEAH. The initial tune Ted sends isn't your final tune. You install the tune and then you drive the car and data log it. You provide feedback and the data back to Ted and he then adjusts your tune accordingly, until you are happy. Ted went to great lengths with my 2017 to make sure I was happy. He even shipped a part to me just to try to see if the issues I was having were due to that part. It wasn't and Ted's suggestion for what the issue was was spot on. It was a fouled plug, fyi. But, that's the level of commitment Ted and JRE have to making sure their customers are happy and why he's my guy for mods. I consult him on anything performance related and he gives me feedback even if it's something I won't be buying or going through him on. There are other tuners around which I'm sure are great skill/ability and competitive in pricing. I have no reason to try anybody else though because Ted has always taken care of me and treated me as a highly valued customer even though I don't spend thousands and thousands of dollars on mods (like a blower or cam). I can't speak highly enough of Ted or JRE. I just wish I lived closer as I'd actually have him do the install work for me.

Thanks for all you do for your customers and the community Ted. I pay for all the parts and service I get from Ted or any other vendor. So, there is no sponsorship or anything I get from endorsing or giving feedback on anybody. I simply give support to who deserves it.

2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:45 PM   #3
Camarofan93

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS & 2018 ZL1 1LE
I’ve heard 2017 SS models have had trouble tuning for whatever reason, can anyone give me insight? Interested customer
Camarofan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan93 View Post
I’ve heard 2017 SS models have had trouble tuning for whatever reason, can anyone give me insight? Interested customer
I have had Zero Problems tuning 2017 models although there additional steps vs 2016 and down models the first time you read and program the computer.

Ted.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
I vouch for Ted's service. I've had JRE tunes on my 2010 Camaro SS and my 2016 Camaro SS. Both vehicles had bolt on mods (headers, CAI, ported TB) and JRE tune. My 2016 has the added benefit of an e85 conversion. Both of these vehicles driving experience was totally transformed by Ted's tune. My experience went from meh to , OH HELL YEAH. The initial tune Ted sends isn't your final tune. You install the tune and then you drive the car and data log it. You provide feedback and the data back to Ted and he then adjusts your tune accordingly, until you are happy. Ted went to great lengths with my 2017 to make sure I was happy. He even shipped a part to me just to try to see if the issues I was having were due to that part. It wasn't and Ted's suggestion for what the issue was was spot on. It was a fouled plug, fyi. But, that's the level of commitment Ted and JRE have to making sure their customers are happy and why he's my guy for mods. I consult him on anything performance related and he gives me feedback even if it's something I won't be buying or going through him on. There are other tuners around which I'm sure are great skill/ability and competitive in pricing. I have no reason to try anybody else though because Ted has always taken care of me and treated me as a highly valued customer even though I don't spend thousands and thousands of dollars on mods (like a blower or cam). I can't speak highly enough of Ted or JRE. I just wish I lived closer as I'd actually have him do the install work for me.

Thanks for all you do for your customers and the community Ted. I pay for all the parts and service I get from Ted or any other vendor. So, there is no sponsorship or anything I get from endorsing or giving feedback on anybody. I simply give support to who deserves it.

Good Morning Darth, thank you for the wonderful Review
Old 01-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #6
SilverSS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS A8
Ted do you custom spec cams? and if you do, who's core and who grinds them?
i just purchased my car and looking for someone to build a relationship with cause i have big/long term goals with my car and need some professional advice and direction.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #7
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Don't make the same costly mistake I made and let some half wit yocal tell you they can tune your car. After that horrible lesson I went straight to Ted which I should have done to begin with. My 2017 required HPTuners and working with Ted to remote tune/log my car was great! I found Ted to be very responsive with his emails and he doesn't leave you waiting during the tuning and logging as he dials everything in perfect!

The difference was just night and day after Ted was finished with it. Highly recommended!.

Thanks again Ted!.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS1LE View Post
Ted do you custom spec cams? and if you do, who's core and who grinds them?
i just purchased my car and looking for someone to build a relationship with cause i have big/long term goals with my car and need some professional advice and direction.
Yes we do, Texas speed is now making our cam profiles with our name on them.

In my opinion these are by far the best cams we have ever seen from any of the manufacturers we have used over the years.

I would be happy to work with you on your build from start to finish guiding you and tuning for you. Please call 203-753-7223

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Don't make the same costly mistake I made and let some half wit yocal tell you they can tune your car. After that horrible lesson I went straight to Ted which I should have done to begin with. My 2017 required HPTuners and working with Ted to remote tune/log my car was great! I found Ted to be very responsive with his emails and he doesn't leave you waiting during the tuning and logging as he dials everything in perfect!

The difference was just night and day after Ted was finished with it. Highly recommended!.

Thanks again Ted!.
Thank you for your business, and your review of my work.

It was a pleasure working with you, I look forward to the next phase of your build.

Ted.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #10
SilverSS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes we do, Texas speed is now making our cam profiles with our name on them.

In my opinion these are by far the best cams we have ever seen from any of the manufacturers we have used over the years.

I would be happy to work with you on your build from start to finish guiding you and tuning for you. Please call 203-753-7223

Ted.
Okay great, is this your number or just a main line number? I will be calling at my earliest convenience. possibly Friday or Monday.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS1LE View Post
Okay great, is this your number or just a main line number? I will be calling at my earliest convenience. possibly Friday or Monday.
Yes sir, dial the number provided.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #12
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
+1 on great service from Ted and all the staff at JRE. Cam package made my 2010 SS from mild to wild! Always great customer service and quick responses. Had a misfortune with the stock LS3 oil pump failure but caught it quick and they had me up and running in no time. Recently had an issue with my cam losing the hard surface and causing lots of lifter noise. Caught it soon enough to save everything (but the cam, lifters and lots of labor), but can't blame JRE for a cam core that was tracked hard and was from a source that had issues that were identified after it was installed. Cam was about 7 years old and it is nice to see that JRE has moved to a more reliable source. As for the tunes, he just keeps making them better and have always been pleased with the improvements as I added mods such as a 3" exhaust. Like a fine wine, they get better with time!

I would definitely use them again if the mod bug bites! ZLE 1LE on order so I hope it holds off a while

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #13
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
I have stock 17 ss m6 vert. Is there any noticeble changes to be had with a tune? I daily drive no winters I'm in mi. I know there's a lot to improve upon in the auto for sure. But eliminating the slush box is there anything left on the table?
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
+1 on great service from Ted and all the staff at JRE. Cam package made my 2010 SS from mild to wild! Always great customer service and quick responses. Had a misfortune with the stock LS3 oil pump failure but caught it quick and they had me up and running in no time. Recently had an issue with my cam losing the hard surface and causing lots of lifter noise. Caught it soon enough to save everything (but the cam, lifters and lots of labor), but can't blame JRE for a cam core that was tracked hard and was from a source that had issues that were identified after it was installed. Cam was about 7 years old and it is nice to see that JRE has moved to a more reliable source. As for the tunes, he just keeps making them better and have always been pleased with the improvements as I added mods such as a 3" exhaust. Like a fine wine, they get better with time!

I would definitely use them again if the mod bug bites! ZLE 1LE on order so I hope it holds off a while
Thank you very much for your continued business.

Congrats on the New ZL-1 1LE, I have 2 on order in blue anyone need one LOL

Ted.