Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-22-2021, 06:26 PM   #1
12GoFast

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Throttle Pedal Lag

My question is, has GM corrected the Pedal Lag in the later Camaros? I recently acquired a 2019 Silverado with the 6.2L and the pedal is super sensitive, to the point have to watch when pulling out that it doesn't go into tire spin. I have read about the throttle controler, but to me it is just a crutch feeding the computer misinformation. JMO
12GoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
At least my 2016, the tip in is slow to the point where a throttle controller changes that to be more sensitive. I bought a Solar to solve the pedal lag, but that sounds like the opposite of what you have for your Silverady. I put my TC on SP 5, and it is very "sporty" now. Much to my liking.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:22 PM   #3
supercab78

Drives: 1931 Ford 1941&1963 Chevy. 2020 LT1
2020 LT1 here. I installed the Solar throttle controller to make mine quicker. So I'd say yes they did fix it for what you might like. At least on the camaro's. The Solar is a nice product for the price. It can be fine tuned to what you like easily.
supercab78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 10:15 PM   #4
Cptchris

Drives: Camaro 2019 2SS
I installed a throttle controller in my 2019 2ss no lag any more….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cptchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 10:54 PM   #5
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GoFast View Post
My question is, has GM corrected the Pedal Lag in the later Camaros? I recently acquired a 2019 Silverado with the 6.2L and the pedal is super sensitive, to the point have to watch when pulling out that it doesn't go into tire spin. I have read about the throttle controler, but to me it is just a crutch feeding the computer misinformation. JMO
That sounds like an unusual problem. If your truck is still under warranty then I would take it to a dealer to have it checked.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:43 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
This is a topic that is commonly approached like this - that it's a "problem." It isn't. This is purposeful tuning.

The LT1 motor is capable of significantly more than it rolls off of the line with. That has been proven time and again from all of the folks that do bolt-on's and tune. When the mapping is developed for the engine, MANY factors are taken into account. And the engine is tuned to be "responsive and power enough" while also adhering to emissions standards and ensuring that GM can provide a solid powertrain warranty as well.

Little things like differences is actual octane of a fuel, whether or not there might be moisture in the gas, a plug misfire, and about a thousand other variables are all taken into account and are part of the equation. If you're racing the car, you care about the off-the-line response and can tune to remove it because you're modifying the car anyhow. Otherwise, it really isn't an issue.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:07 AM   #7
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
This is a topic that is commonly approached like this - that it's a "problem." It isn't. This is purposeful tuning.

The LT1 motor is capable of significantly more than it rolls off of the line with. That has been proven time and again from all of the folks that do bolt-on's and tune. When the mapping is developed for the engine, MANY factors are taken into account. And the engine is tuned to be "responsive and power enough" while also adhering to emissions standards and ensuring that GM can provide a solid powertrain warranty as well.

Little things like differences is actual octane of a fuel, whether or not there might be moisture in the gas, a plug misfire, and about a thousand other variables are all taken into account and are part of the equation. If you're racing the car, you care about the off-the-line response and can tune to remove it because you're modifying the car anyhow. Otherwise, it really isn't an issue.

Fully track what you're saying, everyone understands this is done purposefully by GM. Why people think its an issue is because it definitely feels off and really odd. At least in the 6spds, it is abrupt and very jarring if you aren't ready for it.

I've had several friends, who also drive manuals for their daily, stall out not expecting such a sudden throttle dead zone.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:10 AM   #8
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Fully track what you're saying, everyone understands this is done purposefully by GM. Why people think its an issue is because it definitely feels off and really odd. At least in the 6spds, it is abrupt and very jarring if you aren't ready for it.

I've had several friends, who also drive manuals for their daily, stall out not expecting such a sudden throttle dead zone.
I've stalled the car a couple of times in Tour. Never in Sport or Track because the fuel mapping and response is different. So, I understand that the feel is somewhat unexpected sometimes.

OTOH... Give it some gas and go. As long as you get the clutch out quick and don't over-rev when you do, the car will take it fine.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:01 PM   #9
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I've stalled the car a couple of times in Tour. Never in Sport or Track because the fuel mapping and response is different. So, I understand that the feel is somewhat unexpected sometimes.

OTOH... Give it some gas and go. As long as you get the clutch out quick and don't over-rev when you do, the car will take it fine.
I'll agree with you about track mode, to me though sport has the same poor response as tour mode. If I could get sport mode to have the response of track I'd be happy. Having to click down to track everytime I get in the car gets old, same as Rev match.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:39 PM   #10
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
21 10 speed 1Le......HELL NO TOO ANY LAG!!!
Old 08-23-2021, 08:15 PM   #11
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
21 10 speed 1Le......HELL NO TOO ANY LAG!!!
Your car is no different. The lag off of the line is there because of how the drive-by-wire programming is done.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:59 PM   #12
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
The Soler can add lag to the pedal as well. They call it “economy” mode and it does take a fair bit away so you aren’t drinking as much gas from jackrabbit starts.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:41 AM   #13
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GoFast View Post
It was 10 times better in my 2021 LT1 than my 2019 C7 Vette. I felt there was no need for a ported TB in the Camaro.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:39 AM   #14
supercab78

Drives: 1931 Ford 1941&1963 Chevy. 2020 LT1
Wasn't the OP talking of TO MUCH throttles response in his truck? A throttle could tone that down for him I would think.

As far as a LT1 m6 goes I have found it easier to take off without stalling using an eco setting (slower throttle response). I think it because it feels more like my other manual cars. Other than the take off part I prefer the feel of the higher settings. I'm only at 4000 miles so I'm still learning the feel of it.
supercab78 is offline   Reply With Quote