Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2020, 07:17 PM   #29
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
She looks beautiful Patrick, welcome to the club.
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:52 PM   #30
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
PH, nice car and welcome.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:48 PM   #31
AngelCamaroRed2SS

Drives: CaMaro 2SS
I bought my used 2016 2SS vert Feb 2020 with mag and npp. I am a big fan in buying used if u can get a warranty. I used autotrader nationwide search very specific for color combo. 3 came up one in FL TX Oh I live in IL. I paid my daughter 150 to drive me 5 hrs. I would def get npp as sound is the nicest part of this car. 2SS has plenty of power and i daily drive mine so the 2SS has blond spot and rear collision warnings which help w this car blond spots. Had it 3 mos now no problems. Be patient and do not be afraid to get used. I paid $29K and sticker was $55K. There are high quality used ones out there a pricing is fair so do take your time.
AngelCamaroRed2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #32
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelCamaroRed2SS View Post
I bought my used 2016 2SS vert Feb 2020 with mag and npp. I am a big fan in buying used if u can get a warranty. I used autotrader nationwide search very specific for color combo. 3 came up one in FL TX Oh I live in IL. I paid my daughter 150 to drive me 5 hrs. I would def get npp as sound is the nicest part of this car. 2SS has plenty of power and i daily drive mine so the 2SS has blond spot and rear collision warnings which help w this car blond spots. Had it 3 mos now no problems. Be patient and do not be afraid to get used. I paid $29K and sticker was $55K. There are high quality used ones out there a pricing is fair so do take your time.
Mine didn't come with blond spot, it can only spot brunettes.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:40 PM   #33
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelCamaroRed2SS View Post
There are NONE on the used market that are what I wanted. I bought new. Not a "screaming deal", but I'm happy with what I paid.

While I would have been happy to continue to search in more normal times, there just isn't much entering the used market currently because new sales are low. Given that my car is officially parked for what could be a month while I wait on DMV for plates, I just couldn't imagine losing pretty much ALL of the summer and the fall to find the "perfect" used car.

In addition to there being little to enter the used market, there is almost nothing I would have wanted because it was all two and three owner stuff. Definitely not the sort of car that I would have trusted to have been broken in properly - especially since I bought a M6.

While the NPP may be nice, it's actually not all that difficult to build your own and I'm already working on sourcing parts and finding the right muffler to install that can take advantage (even if it's a used NPP stock exhaust).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:41 PM   #34
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Mine didn't come with blond spot, it can only spot brunettes.
Snarky, but funny just the same.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:35 AM   #35
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Awesome car! Enjoy it my man
Old 06-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #36
BigJ408

Drives: Vert ZL1
congrats on the Vert. They are really rare. The people that have them don't sell them.

When I first was looking for a convertible it was a 2ss. There are very few on the used market. There was only one in my area and that sold pretty quick. During my search a white 2ss with red interior vert on on carmax came up. I went to the lot the next day for a test drive but it was sold by the time I got there. Carmax had it for a fair price too.

It was too difficult to find a used one with everything I wanted. So I talked myself into getting a ZL1 convertible. There was only 3 used ones for sell in the whole state of CA. One of them sold so it made me jump on the one I have now. Otherwise I would have to go out state to find one I wanted.

I still check to see what out there sometimes on carguru but there isn't many.

Glad you got a new one. Post pics when it get it. Also post pics with the top down. Vert pics always look better with the top down.
BigJ408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #37
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ408 View Post
congrats on the Vert. They are really rare. The people that have them don't sell them.

When I first was looking for a convertible it was a 2ss. There are very few on the used market. There was only one in my area and that sold pretty quick. During my search a white 2ss with red interior vert on on carmax came up. I went to the lot the next day for a test drive but it was sold by the time I got there. Carmax had it for a fair price too.

It was too difficult to find a used one with everything I wanted. So I talked myself into getting a ZL1 convertible. There was only 3 used ones for sell in the whole state of CA. One of them sold so it made me jump on the one I have now. Otherwise I would have to go out state to find one I wanted.

I still check to see what out there sometimes on carguru but there isn't many.

Glad you got a new one. Post pics when it get it. Also post pics with the top down. Vert pics always look better with the top down.
Assuming you're talking to me (somehow my thread got hijacked... lol), I've got it. I picked it up on Saturday and she's sitting in my garage. Naked (no plate).

I've ordered a ZL1 style splitter and rocker skirts that will be here in a week. Once everything is installed, I'll get it washed up and take some good pics and post them up.

As an aside, I actually found a -lot- of convertibles on the used market, and in the 2SS trim, too. Of course, I was searching nationally and would not have hesitated for a minute to get on a plane or whatever. The problems I found were:

- Cars were either completely loaded, or almost stripped of add-ons
- They were mostly black with a good lot of gray ones mixed in and I was looking for white or possibly yellow
- They were high miles, lots of owners, or both (one 2017 I was looking at literally had three owners!)

I started with strict criteria, found nothing, expanded my criteria, found a lot, then started discovering why they were for sale. One that was pretty interesting (and a good chunk of a drive away) was just way overpriced. Three owners, 20k on the clock, not heavily loaded on options (maybe just NPP?), and the dealer wouldn't drop below $37k. After adding in my costs to go get it, it just wasn't worth it at all.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #38
BigJ408

Drives: Vert ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Assuming you're talking to me (somehow my thread got hijacked... lol), I've got it. I picked it up on Saturday and she's sitting in my garage. Naked (no plate).

I've ordered a ZL1 style splitter and rocker skirts that will be here in a week. Once everything is installed, I'll get it washed up and take some good pics and post them up.

As an aside, I actually found a -lot- of convertibles on the used market, and in the 2SS trim, too. Of course, I was searching nationally and would not have hesitated for a minute to get on a plane or whatever. The problems I found were:

- Cars were either completely loaded, or almost stripped of add-ons
- They were mostly black with a good lot of gray ones mixed in and I was looking for white or possibly yellow
- They were high miles, lots of owners, or both (one 2017 I was looking at literally had three owners!)

I started with strict criteria, found nothing, expanded my criteria, found a lot, then started discovering why they were for sale. One that was pretty interesting (and a good chunk of a drive away) was just way overpriced. Three owners, 20k on the clock, not heavily loaded on options (maybe just NPP?), and the dealer wouldn't drop below $37k. After adding in my costs to go get it, it just wasn't worth it at all.

I had a strict criteria at first too. The ones priced decent were gone too fast. Lucky, I got a good decent deal on vert and didn't have to drive too far but it was local either. White is a tough color to find too. It was the color I wanted originally, but Hot red has grown on me now.

Do you get your Vert in a manual? I haven't seen to many of those either.
BigJ408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #39
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ408 View Post
I had a strict criteria at first too. The ones priced decent were gone too fast. Lucky, I got a good decent deal on vert and didn't have to drive too far but it was local either. White is a tough color to find too. It was the color I wanted originally, but Hot red has grown on me now.

Do you get your Vert in a manual? I haven't seen to many of those either.
Yep. 6 speed, white, Adrenaline Red interior, and Magic Ride. Quite a hard combo to find and I have the absolute last '20 like it.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #40
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Excited to see it with the zl1 parts 😀
Old 06-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #41
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Excited to see it with the zl1 parts 😀
Me too! lol
Old 06-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #42
HogmanZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible
The ZL1 vert is a rare bird out in the wild and gets respect from the Porsche and BMW M guys that i ride with that had never seen one before me. Its tempting to sell with the market as strong as it is now and upgrade when things calm down, but its just too good with the top down to let it go! or make me an offer--ha
Attached Images

HogmanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote