Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-04-2021, 04:33 PM   #57
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I don't see why not u have less room w a blower.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 06:02 PM   #58
scantone

Drives: 18 Z1E - 18 Raptor - 17 Jeep SRT
Even goin with the second direct injection pump right now is a nightmare. I've been waiting on my going on 13weeks.
scantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 04:49 PM   #59
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Any idea where I can snag a new in box complete CR 2.0 port setup with or without Dominator upgrade not on backorder? I can do something else for the low side since I don't need the Fore triples.
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:29 PM   #60
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Ted View Post
Any idea where I can snag a new in box complete CR 2.0 port setup with or without Dominator upgrade not on backorder? I can do something else for the low side since I don't need the Fore triples.
Yes. PM me with what parts you want/need. Just harness, dominator, spark control, etc.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #61
jCastr25

Drives: Chevy camaro
Has anyone tried the maf fusion interface? I know toohighpsi has had success with the magnuson 2650 but other than them I haven’t seen people going that route.
jCastr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #62
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by jCastr25 View Post
Has anyone tried the maf fusion interface? I know toohighpsi has had success with the magnuson 2650 but other than them I haven’t seen people going that route.
It uses batch fire, which most people frown upon.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:48 AM   #63
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
It uses batch fire, which most people frown upon.
Sequential port injection is specifically for emissions and idle quality, once you reach the point of 25% duty cycle you are firing the injector on the back side a closed valve anyway. When we add port injection to an LT engine we normally start injecting with the port system at about 3000 RPM and WOT (wide open throttle).

So I agree that sequential has benefits for a LS engine as it is the only source of fueling, in an LT engine all of the starting, idle, cruise and medium load points are still operating in a sequential scenario from the DI system. By the time that we need the port there are no measurable benefits to having sequential for the port.

The Holley and Motec systems offer other benefits like wideband control, launch control, and other race features. They are great systems if you have requirements and a budget for them.

In the scenario of my Z06 - it is road course focused so the MAF Fusion does everything needed to run straight E85 with 19.5 lbs boost on an otherwise stock high side LT4 fuel system. But every application is different.

www.toohighpsi.com

2015 Corvette Z06 M7
2021 Porsche GT4 M6
2023 Corvette Z51
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:37 PM   #64
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Do you presently have a port setup that would work with a HiRam and twins? I like what you've accomplished and Greg speaks very highly of you
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #65
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

This is where it helps to have a badass tuner he will know where to gradually bring in the port side.

MTI used toohighpsi rails (nothing wrong with rails other than they squirt at the back of intake wall vs right at the intake valve) anyhow the tuner there couldn't tune it worth shit. he went over to mine and got him squared away.

I think this is why a lot shops like janetty steer clear of setups like this and push 13k dollar xdi systems on people.. its just to complex for some shops. Keep in mind MTI has been around since the late 80s early 90s I remember buying a 2 piece hub from them in 96 for my original LT1 z28.

I'm sure the holley and motec are great units but Haltec is pretty sweet as well at least from my point of view(knowing just enough to get in trouble)

for instance I wanted to add a Banks gauge to my setup to read AFR.. all I had to do was buy a DTM connector and extend some wires on the gauge and bam seeing AFR.

Honesty it should cost much to have 1400 hp fuel system

WB1 /2 $300 - $450
Elite 950 $1200
AEM or better Pump setup like DSX's $450
IDX1050s $850.00
AN fittings, hose, and regulator $400

Also I'm very cautious so if I ever feel anything out of the norm I can just plug the usb cable from the Haltec 950 into my lap top and and send the log to my tuner since it constantly logging..

I'm sure they all do that but its idiot proof even for me lol!

You need only the WB1 ($299) or WB2($449) unit and any of the Elite series ecu's. Elite 950 ($1200) Sorian made the wiring simple made his own harness the Holley and other units will have so many inputs that are not needed it will look like azz all tied up. You should see the crawford unit on my friends car that MTI setup it looked terrible with all the unused inputs.

if it was me I would use a shop like Pietz performance the same one that's doing that famous c8 Amelia chics car. He is an instructor for hp and is setting up all these port assists on DI cars.. Sorian is good aswell just would maybe take a little longer to get car back to ya.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 09-16-2021, 07:15 AM   #66
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
This is where it helps to have a badass tuner he will know where to gradually bring in the port side.

I think this is why a lot shops like janetty steer clear of setups like this and push 13k dollar xdi systems on people.. its just to complex for some shops. Keep in mind MTI has been around since the late 80s early 90s I remember buying a 2 piece hub from them in 96 for my original LT1 z28.
I am somewhat offended by your comment, you are making a lot of assumptions about me.

If you are going to make comments about me at least spell my name right.

I was tuning piggy back systems when most of the bad ass tuners were still kicking spindles out of there cribs because that is the only option we had, and I was very successful with them.

My Preference has nothing to do with my ability.

I thought I cleared this up with you in another thread, Most of my customers do not posses the knowledge or want to have the worry of multiple systems.

Cars I build are meant to be driven by anyone with no special mechanical or electronic knowledge, and they can be serviced anywhere in the country by any service professional.

There is a lot of value in that.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:43 AM   #67
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Sorry Ted no offense meant.. the reason you gave before didn't seem logical like now. Why would a port system be any harder to repair than an xdi setup. Both would use the same low side pump the injectors would be just as easy to pull and clean. Tuning would be the only difference and a regular repair shop isn't going to service that.

I know it's easier to push build out the door and make money faster than drawing out a long install on a port system setup if you have done many on Gen V stuff. But I'm just looking out for the customers wallet just like when I hear ARH over other competitors that's nuts when there are other brands that work just fine. Its money related, Uwe Ostmann came by Sorian's about the time I was making the decision between it and Port Matt was gonna give me a deal just so he could check out the system I could of bought in really cheap but port was proven and I wasn't risking it since the LPE stuff fell short. theoretically 10% mark up on TSP or like 60 bucks but 10% mark up on ARH is 300 bucks it makes perfect sense if your in business I get it. I know the mark up on XDI so I know im right.

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 09-16-2021 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #68
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I'm with Ted on this one. I went Fore/LPE and it works mint. Simple, just one ECM to tune and OEM wiring harness. Engine bay is neat and clean. Also, DI makes more power than port at the same airflow level IMO. I'm not knocking port, but there are plenty of good reasons to stay DI and still make awesome power.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #69
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I'm with Ted on this one. I went Fore/LPE and it works mint. Simple, just one ECM to tune and OEM wiring harness. Engine bay is neat and clean. Also, DI makes more power than port at the same airflow level IMO. I'm not knocking port, but there are plenty of good reasons to stay DI and still make awesome power.
Yes DI does for sure way more efficient and you made my point easier for the tuner to tune when they haven't done many or none. I've been watching his videos for ever and haven't seen anything tuned crazy that a guy just out of hp classes couldn't do.. when you step up to my power level your talking 13k in dinero using the xdi to match it. It made sense to me to save about 5k since I have a good tuner close by that can make it work perfectly it runs just like it's all a DI setup you would even know it had port on it nor can you see it really. O issues for almost 2 years If I have an issue it will be from e85 sitting in my car stagnate to long.

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 09-16-2021 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #70
Brianw36
SNSTRSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Does anyone have any pictures of this setup?