Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2021, 05:12 PM   #15
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Eagles are knwn for lousy longevity...

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:36 AM   #16
KindaOrange

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow BB View Post
Not that I have found. There are several brands that offer run flats, but Michelin is not one in our size(s) at least. That’s what makes this decision so difficult between getting good all season performance tires & a spare or staying with the limited number of run flats that are mostly summer only.
I hear ya. Currently shopping for the same thing you are. Concerned about losing the run-flat. Had a nail in my tire once, was able to run it around town for a day or so grabbing a tire patch, removing the wheel to find the hole so I could plug it. $7 fix vs having to hit a tire shop immediately and potentially replace the tire.
KindaOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 11:09 AM   #17
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaOrange View Post
I hear ya. Currently shopping for the same thing you are. Concerned about losing the run-flat. Had a nail in my tire once, was able to run it around town for a day or so grabbing a tire patch, removing the wheel to find the hole so I could plug it. $7 fix vs having to hit a tire shop immediately and potentially replace the tire.
I've thought about that one before, but the harshness of runflats... Non-RF ride smoother, quieter.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:35 AM   #18
KindaOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
I've thought about that one before, but the harshness of runflats... Non-RF ride smoother, quieter.
Yo dude! But idk... since I've only had run-flats... guess the difference in ride isn't one I understand. I would mention though: my friend's Subaru STI is BEYOND harsh even without run-flats. Makes my car feel like a Mercedes next to his hahaha

Your all-season gotta be holding up alright? or? Since you're in FL now, you thinking about summer tires? Also do you ever worry about a nail in the tire or?
Old 09-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #19
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaOrange View Post
Yo dude! But idk... since I've only had run-flats... guess the difference in ride isn't one I understand. I would mention though: my friend's Subaru STI is BEYOND harsh even without run-flats. Makes my car feel like a Mercedes next to his hahaha

Your all-season gotta be holding up alright? or? Since you're in FL now, you thinking about summer tires? Also do you ever worry about a nail in the tire or?
Subaru's are brutal rides, especially the STI very harsh...

The all-seasons still have plenty of tread, but they just aren't good rain tires, which it does a lot...

I definitely want to move to summer tires, I am debating whether to go wider wheels too or not, its a lot of money for something that doesn't seem quite as significant, but it will look better..

I've never had runflats before, I generally don't worry too much about getting a flat, if it comes up, I will deal then.

How are you digging the new job, did you start yet?
Old 09-01-2021, 12:33 PM   #20
KindaOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Subaru's are brutal rides, especially the STI very harsh...

The all-seasons still have plenty of tread, but they just aren't good rain tires, which it does a lot...

I definitely want to move to summer tires, I am debating whether to go wider wheels too or not, its a lot of money for something that doesn't seem quite as significant, but it will look better..

I've never had runflats before, I generally don't worry too much about getting a flat, if it comes up, I will deal then.

How are you digging the new job, did you start yet?
Idk, some don't prefer the OEM run-flats, but I've had a positive experience. What should I expect for winter grip in a front engine-rwd 455hp racecar? Knowing what the Camaro is, I decided not to lose the dry grip I really want (and feel I paid for). I never really expected top-notch winter performance from the vehicle. Probably worth it to hang on to your OEM's until they wear out. Maybe work on some other piece of your build in the mean time.

New job is great, just moved to PA last week. Definitely taking on more responsibility, which is cool. And new apartment is beautiful. Hope you've found a nice place too.

Last edited by KindaOrange; 09-07-2021 at 09:40 AM.