Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-17-2021, 07:49 PM   #1
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Camaro received 7k-12k in damages

Not a really great day for my Camaro. I was heading home from an appointment on I-35 North and they just laid pavement down right at the I-635 interchange but didn't block it off for whatever reason.
A trucks tires hit it and pavement gravel stones went flying up in the air damaging my vehicle and probably others as well. My front bumper is messed up like its a Grey and white Dalmatian actually its easier to say what wasn't damaged. My passenger rear fender, spoiler, trunk lid and rocker panels avoided damage. Two of my rims behind the spokes had pavement land in them but so far the wheels seemed to avoid damage.

Body shop I took it too the estimator took 10 min or longer to take all the pictures. If there are dents they are small and fixable. 80% of my car is going to be repainted and since the dashcam footage showed it as projectile damage my insurance is now showing it as comprehensive now. My Insurance mentioned to me that they are considering taking action against the state of Kansas due to negligence in the road construction for the second time in a week or two. First being the 119th Bridge construction and debris falling on I-35 traffic below.

I will have pictures tomorrow and all the footage I have from my dashcam I will provide a link tonight or tomorrow as well.

EDIT: I was in the far right lane the truck that hit it was changing from far left to middle lane but I will try to get the footage up as soon as I can.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:57 PM   #2
Jefe44

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Ouch man.

Good looking on the dashcam. Tip of the hat to , sir.
Jefe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Not a really great day for my Camaro. I was heading home from an appointment on I-35 North and they just laid pavement down right at the I-635 interchange but didn't block it off for whatever reason.
A trucks tires hit it and pavement gravel stones went flying up in the air damaging my vehicle and probably others as well. My front bumper is messed up like its a Grey and white Dalmatian actually its easier to say what wasn't damaged. My passenger rear fender, spoiler, trunk lid and rocker panels avoided damage. Two of my rims behind the spokes had pavement land in them but so far the wheels seemed to avoid damage.

Body shop I took it too the estimator took 10 min or longer to take all the pictures. If there are dents they are small and fixable. 80% of my car is going to be repainted and since the dashcam footage showed it as projectile damage my insurance is now showing it as comprehensive now. My Insurance mentioned to me that they are considering taking action against the state of Kansas due to negligence in the road construction for the second time in a week or two. First being the 119th Bridge construction and debris falling on I-35 traffic below.

I will have pictures tomorrow and all the footage I have from my dashcam I will provide a link tonight or tomorrow as well.

That sucks. It's not any better down here in FL in regards to road work. VERY bumpy roads at times, I mean to the point I worry about wheel alignment issues.

Shocked at the damage totals though. Thought about taking action yourself against the contractors and or state too?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #4
Devstrike

Since it is now Comprehensive my deductible is $0 so no out of pocket from me. My insurance however did mention they are going to look at taking action against Kansas though.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:46 PM   #5
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
I am so sorry to hear about your ride. I have to go through a minimum of two construction zones both to and from work myself. Needless to say the Camaro hasn't left the garage in well over a month. I hope everything is repaired correctly. Hope to see you at Midwest Camaro Fest!

http://www.camaroclubkc.org/camarofest-2021.html
1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint
HyperBlue1SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:11 PM   #6
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue1SS View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your ride. I have to go through a minimum of two construction zones both to and from work myself. Needless to say the Camaro hasn't left the garage in well over a month. I hope everything is repaired correctly. Hope to see you at Midwest Camaro Fest!

http://www.camaroclubkc.org/camarofest-2021.html

It's to the point a lot on here have resorted to these things being garage queens now.

I admit I'm paranoid about my SS as well getting damaged, totaled, hurricane destroying it since my mom makes me park outside, etc. Especially how it's hard to find one currently that has the options you want and price range.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:15 PM   #7
Devstrike

I will definitely look into the midwest Camarofest
Old 06-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #8
Devstrike

Here is a video consisting of clips and photos I sent to my insurance. Have not received anything yet from the Estimator with photos and final estimate. https://youtu.be/j_ges02MLJU
Old 06-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #9
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
holy shit that sucks i need to get a dashcam after my last incident...
Old 06-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #10
Devstrike

I 1000000000% recommend a dash cam to anyone that does not have it.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:12 PM   #11
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
I 1000000000% recommend a dash cam to anyone that does not have it.
Could you share details on what dash cam you have and how it is setup in your car?
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:16 PM   #12
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
That is a very good call on your insurance to go after the state for damage. I wish I can get reimbursed for my alignment/bent wheel from the state… these potholes in Michigan have no remorse man XD. Sorry for this happening to you man.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:18 PM   #13
Devstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Could you share details on what dash cam you have and how it is setup in your car?
https://www.amazon.com/VIOFO-A119-1...hild=1&keywords=A119+V3&qid=1624039311&sr=8-3

Link above is the Dash cam I have and I have it setup on the windshield right near the rear view mirror. Due to not have the car with me at this time I cannot post photos but I tucked the wire underneath the headliner, had it tucked in under passenger door pillar, had it come in to where I the wire then go under passenger front floor mat to eventually plug into the 12 volt connector. I used credit card that I placed in a thin microfiber towel to tuck in the wire.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #14
Devstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
That is a very good call on your insurance to go after the state for damage. I wish I can get reimbursed for my alignment/bent wheel from the state… these potholes in Michigan have no remorse man XD. Sorry for this happening to you man.

Sorry to hear about your alignment and bent wheel and you are not the first person to tell me about the potholes in Michigan. I hope you don't have to have this happen again.