Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-14-2021, 09:27 AM   #15
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I would go with something that cures compliant.

If I had that problem I might try Shoe Goo. A little dab under the area, wet it out real good and tape it until cured. Biggest issue with any adhesive is you have to get it to the appearance you want before it cures. Otherwise you might have a bump that you find more offensive than the peeled edge.

This area should have zero impact on airbag performance. You aren't near the tear seam so just tweaking the edge of the horn pad should be ok IMO.

You could check with the dealer. There may be a service bulletin.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shoe-GOO-Cl...6c5f0bcb05d41f
I’ll definitely check with my dealer first. I do appreciate everybody’s help! Thank you all
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:38 AM   #16
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Update:

So back in late June I brought my car in for an oil change. I showed this to my service advisor and told me since my B2B was expired, they could not do a warranty claim. (Which was understandable.) so I decided to leave it alone. Fast forward to current day, I noticed that the vinyl is starting to peel off in the top right/bottom left side, and the middle surrounding the “Camaro” badge in center.

Does anybody happen to know what vinyl is used? It makes me a little upsetting that this happening, especially when I try my absolute hardest to keep this car looking like day 1 :/
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote