#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 06-04-2021, 07:59 PM   #85
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
I think the negativity is because there a ton more mustang and challenger fan boys...they are like democrats.....they are cliquish and not very tolerant of anyone with a differing opinion.
In the Cincinnati area, you would think Dodge and Ford were handing out buy on get one free coupons, for all the Late model Challengers and Mustangs I see.
I see a decent amount of gen5, but a slim fraction are gen6....
I was cycling earlier today and saw like 6 or 7 mustangs....the driving home, I was waiting to turn left, and within 30 seconds two GT mustangs with aftermarket exhaust passed me in one direction and another just like those two rumbled by the other way...
Too many for them to feel unique...
I imagine they have trouble figuring out which one is theirs in the parking lot...
whoa, do not start blanketing people into douchebaggery, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:56 PM   #86
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
I think the negativity is because there a ton more mustang and challenger fan boys...they are like democrats.....they are cliquish and not very tolerant of anyone with a differing opinion.
In the Cincinnati area, you would think Dodge and Ford were handing out buy on get one free coupons, for all the Late model Challengers and Mustangs I see.
I see a decent amount of gen5, but a slim fraction are gen6....
I was cycling earlier today and saw like 6 or 7 mustangs....the driving home, I was waiting to turn left, and within 30 seconds two GT mustangs with aftermarket exhaust passed me in one direction and another just like those two rumbled by the other way...
Too many for them to feel unique...
I imagine they have trouble figuring out which one is theirs in the parking lot...
Seriously? Why bring politics into this? Are you trying to be a douchbag or are you just clueless?

Idiot
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:04 PM   #87
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
I guess being a fan boy of both the camaro and mustang ..had a 5gn before my 6gen ..and currently have both the 18 mustang gt with 10 speed and and 19 ss with 10 speed ..they are both amazing .neither perfect ..but honestly the mustang has the advantage ..not so much in the looks department that's subjective..the mustang is more user friendly for the trunk ..its opening is alot bigger to get gear into the center console is a better lay out for the cup holders and storage. As for being faster ..I also give the advantage to the mustang with it's 3gen coyote and 10speed .it was also alot easier to do the e85 flex tune..just needed the ngage and and a bit of Data logging. But I Definitely give the win to the camaro for having the better sounding exhaust.
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:11 PM   #88
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
The 6th Gen also turns heads too, especially SS and Zl1. I know when I bought mine and parked it at the market I saw customers looking at it and liking it. Since they're not super common on the roads. You don't see that with the Mustang GT or Challenger.

Also, the SS and Zl1 are faster than probably 92-95 percent of the stock cars currently on the road when you think of it. 0-60 3.9 1/4 mile 11.8 The Gt350 is even slower than the ss 0-60.

A stripper LT1 for 34k is as fast as the super cars were 20 years ago!
It’s definitely one of the more underrated “affordable” sports cars available on the market. I bet most people that own these cars could tell you about the encounters from people asking about the car or even wondering what Chevy this is!

I’m stupid thankful that I found about Camaro6 when I did. God knows what other car I would’ve ended up driving right now LOL
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:15 PM   #89
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Beauty is subjective and that's about the only one that I will take as an opinion.

Camaro interior isn't great, but reasonable price, interior, performance, pick two.

I love it when someone brings up the gas mileage on a sports car because that's a quick indicator that I shouldn't waste any more time talking with you.

The EV thing is beaten to death in the forum. Not gonna do it here.

To be completely fair, the back seat in the Mustang is slightly better than Camaro's, mainly because the front seats in the Mustang have a cut-out in the back that gives the rear passenger some extra legroom. The headroom is also a bit better.

Not that either one of them are suitable for any drives longer than 30 minutes max.

/thread

YouTube ones are worse.

Your reply brings up a good point: I think a lot of people bash a performance car because of sour grapes. It's bad because I can't have it.

Again, it's like this image:

I am willing to bet 100 bucks that if you give one of those haters or "environmentalists" the key to a Camaro SS, they will yank it out of your hands and proceed to floor the pedal.

I know others have mentioned it but the “visibility issue” is just stupid. I’ve been in cars that have WORSE visibility or some other little bull crap thing… but as you said, the sour grapes gotta hate.

Also that pic is PRIME! Kudos for that example
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:23 PM   #90
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Quote:
Do the Mustangs ever challenge you? granted the SS will win when it comes to short sprints. Stang will eventually catch up but the SS overall is quicker.
Street racing isn’t wise..... the mustangs guys know the numbers.... the SS is like America with Reagan as President.
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:03 PM   #91
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
The Camaro is not a great car. It's a great sports car, in the higher trims. This is a problem for most people. There are inherent compromises, but most people are happy with going 90 or 95% of the way, rather to get the "best" chassis in their price range or what not. This is going to be controversial, but below LT1 trims, is there a point to getting the Camaro over something like a WRX, Civic R, and other cars in the 30-38K range? I think this is a big problem. It's not a problem for those that are looking for the max performance, but in reality, this is a small subset, compared to the people just looking for a "fun car".

It's not that the cheaper Camaros suck, but the other cars in that same class are generally better cars, more ergonomic and performance is either a wash or better in the speed ranges to be likely encountered.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:06 PM   #92
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
The Camaro is not a great car. It's a great sports car, in the higher trims. This is a problem for most people. There are inherent compromises, but most people are happy with going 90 or 95% of the way, rather to get the "best" chassis in their price range or what not. This is going to be controversial, but below LT1 trims, is there a point to getting the Camaro over something like a WRX, Civic R, and other cars in the 30-38K range? I think this is a big problem. It's not a problem for those that are looking for the max performance, but in reality, this is a small subset, compared to the people just looking for a "fun car".

It's not that the cheaper Camaros suck, but the other cars in that same class are generally better cars, more ergonomic and performance is either a wash or better in the speed ranges to be likely encountered.

Just about everyone on this forum is looking for performance, hence most of us own a SS, LT1, or ZL1
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #93
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Does anyone notice this? Whenever there is a news article about 6th gen Camaros I always notice in the comments section tons of negative comments about the 6the gen. From how it's an ugly car, nasty interior, poor gas mileage, how it needs to be electric, etc.

I saw some comments on an article today saying the 5th gen was a better design LOL. We all know the 5th gen was slower and had a plastic interior.

I was reading one today and many weenies on there say Camaro needs to be all electric to be better on the environment.

The poor visibility gripes about the 5th and 6th gen I totally understand though. However overall the Camaro LT1, SS, and ZL1 out performs the Mustang GT and Challenger in every aspect.
Except for the visibility issues, I really don’t notice much.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:08 AM   #94
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
Oh yeah, After about 500 miles I forgot about the “visibility issue” that I read so much about before buying my car.

Maybe I’m Just more in tune than the average driver...
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:11 AM   #95
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
Great. More Camaro V6 bashing .

I thoroughly enjoy mine!
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:39 AM   #96
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
my previous car was a pontiac solstice.visibilty with the top up was a heart stopper when merging or changing lanes but it was like driving a go cart.you could fit two les paul or telecaster guitars in gig bags in the trunk if you packed carefully and the top was up.once the top was down you could pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich.i recently brought home a full size BBQ grill in my 5th gen although we had to lower the rear seats and put in in the car piece by piece to get it home.i dont know why camaro sales are low but i suspect they are a little higher priced than a compareable mustang or challenger.maybe that has something to do with it.

I agree mostly too. I posted about the price before too. When the Coyote first came out in 2011 dealers didn't carry very many base model GTs at the dealers. You had to order them basically. Starting with the 2015 model dealers carried the base model more.

I see a lot of the base model GTs.

The chevy dealers down here when they do carry a v8 Camaro it's always a loaded up 2ss or a 2ss rag top pushing over 55 grand. And they always sit on the lots for months in typical times. The RARE times you see a 1ss or Lt1 they don't stay on the lots long.

I really do think Chevy needed to push the Lt1 trim and the 1ss more. If they pushed the Lt1 more I think Camaro sales would go up.

Even a base model LT1 is still a very nice car. Besides the cloth seats I don't see why it should be bashed. It still has an infotainment system too and bigger back up cam compared to the base model Mustang GT that doesn't have the glass, just the tiny screen for the camera.

But yes, a lot of people buy the base model Mustang GT. a 35k car is a lot different than spending 45-48k on a 2ss. With rebates might even get the GT base model a bit cheaper than that.

Price IMO is a factor here. For similar performance numbers and a lot cheaper I can see why many go for the Mustang even though WE Know the Camaro is the better car.

The Challenger I wont really compare because I don't see many Scatpacks or Hellcats. Most I see around here are the v6 model or the standard RT model which the SS shouldn't be compared to.

Push the LT1, 1ss, offer more rebates and incentives, market it better and I think sales would go up. However sadly it might be too late though for GM to take measures to increase sales. They should have done this around 2018 when things started to really slip. Now, it might be the point of no return unless a total refresh takes place.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:29 AM   #97
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Do the Mustangs ever challenge you? granted the SS will win when it comes to short sprints. Stang will eventually catch up but the SS overall is quicker.
Quote:
Just about everyone on this forum is looking for performance, hence most of us own a SS, LT1, or ZL1
So maybe it's time the average enthusiast broadened his outlook past those 0-60s and ETs. And realized that performance and performance driving isn't just about the car.

I'm one Mustang owner who'd never challenge you to a straight-line sprint when the light turned green, and if you challenged me I'd just let you go. I'm 99% sure that'd hold true even if I was driving a GT500 or a sneaky regular GT with forced induction.

Norm
Old 06-05-2021, 07:35 AM   #98
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
Great. More Camaro V6 bashing .

I thoroughly enjoy mine!
What are you going on about?

I read all 7 pages & not once did I see anyone “bashing” the V6. Maybe I missed it, as the only comment I saw by a long stretch was “Just about everyone on this forum is looking for performance, hence most of us own a SS, LT1, or ZL1”

Not looking at the sales number I can’t say which sells more, the 2.0/V6 or the V8 versions, but I’d wager you may have a bit of an inferiority complex.

The lower power cars are still very respectable performers for what they are & I have tried to be mindful of the fact that people have their reasons for what Camaro they buy, but if you want some bashing to make you feel better, fine, the V6 exhaust tone sounds like complete ass & some of the engine architecture is pants on head retarded.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote