Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 06-03-2021, 08:58 PM   #1
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Why so much Camaro 6th gen bashing on article comments?

Does anyone notice this? Whenever there is a news article about 6th gen Camaros I always notice in the comments section tons of negative comments about the 6the gen. From how it's an ugly car, nasty interior, poor gas mileage, how it needs to be electric, etc.

I saw some comments on an article today saying the 5th gen was a better design LOL. We all know the 5th gen was slower and had a plastic interior.

I was reading one today and many weenies on there say Camaro needs to be all electric to be better on the environment.

The poor visibility gripes about the 5th and 6th gen I totally understand though. However overall the Camaro LT1, SS, and ZL1 out performs the Mustang GT and Challenger in every aspect.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #2
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
I’d be happy if I ever saw a news article on the 6th Gen, let alone people commenting on such. Our cars are so uncommon up here people typically don’t even know what the hell car it is when they see mine. One guy in my town (28,000ish), has a black 5th Gen, I’ve seen him a lot this season already. C8’s - lots of older dudes on Saturday and Sunday afternoons now just like the C7’s. Challengers everywhere everyday of the week, and Mustangs are more common than Karen in her CUV.

Hear what you’re saying though. The cars are great and the negative spin is ridiculous.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:23 PM   #3
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes I too have noticed that and I just ignore the comments and sometimes the article!
Old 06-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #4
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
I’d be happy if I ever saw a news article on the 6th Gen, let alone people commenting on such. Our cars are so uncommon up here people typically don’t even know what the hell car it is when they see mine. One guy in my town (28,000ish), has a black 5th Gen, I’ve seen him a lot this season already. C8’s - lots of older dudes on Saturday and Sunday afternoons now just like the C7’s. Challengers everywhere everyday of the week, and Mustangs are more common than Karen in her CUV.

Hear what you’re saying though. The cars are great and the negative spin is ridiculous.

I finally saw an LT1 in the wild the other day. Here in SWFL that's VERY rare. I see a few ZL1s and SSs though but not a lot of 6th gen.

You see a lot more 5th gens still on the road though. Mostly the V6 models though. Lots of people bought those.

I didn't buy a 5th gen SS because they were slower than a Mustang, horrible interior as well. But the 6th gen is a very nice car. Easily beats the Mustang in the quality department.

If they took a Camaro Chassis and slapped on some Mustang Pony logos on it people would buy it up.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:31 PM   #5
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
It's the better car by every measure.

Sadly that doesn't matter cause they did screw the pooch on the too low roof line and the useless back seat.

That stuff matters sadly, ever notice the endless parade of lifeless crossover SUVs when you're driving.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:38 PM   #6
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
It's the better car by every measure.

Sadly that doesn't matter cause they did screw the pooch on the too low roof line and the useless back seat.

That stuff matters sadly, ever notice the endless parade of lifeless crossover SUVs when you're driving.

The back seats in the Mustang are useless death traps too. Just for insurance purposes and throwing some small stuff back there. I would NEVER sit in the back of one.

I still love the 4th Gen Camaro. Great visibility. The 7th gen if there is one needs to look like a 4th gen.

I didn't buy my previous three Mustangs or my SS for the back seat though.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #7
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i don't know the last time i read a Camaro article. if you're talking about comments under Online articles, they're always garbage.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:14 AM   #8
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
End of the day it really comes down to this. Their loss, our gain and enjoyment. Let them say what they want but just remember, you (we) are the lucky handful that know bout this car and actually enjoy driving and owning tf out of these cars.

If you really want to shut people up, race them on the track and let them enjoy your taillights
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:59 AM   #9
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
End of the day it really comes down to this. Their loss, our gain and enjoyment. Let them say what they want but just remember, you (we) are the lucky handful that know bout this car and actually enjoy driving and owning tf out of these cars.

If you really want to shut people up, race them on the track and let them enjoy your taillights

The 6th Gen also turns heads too, especially SS and Zl1. I know when I bought mine and parked it at the market I saw customers looking at it and liking it. Since they're not super common on the roads. You don't see that with the Mustang GT or Challenger.

Also, the SS and Zl1 are faster than probably 92-95 percent of the stock cars currently on the road when you think of it. 0-60 3.9 1/4 mile 11.8 The Gt350 is even slower than the ss 0-60.

A stripper LT1 for 34k is as fast as the super cars were 20 years ago!
Old 06-04-2021, 01:18 AM   #10
Monroe
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Does anyone notice this? Whenever there is a news article about 6th gen Camaros I always notice in the comments section tons of negative comments about the 6the gen. From how it's an ugly car, nasty interior, poor gas mileage, how it needs to be electric, etc.

I saw some comments on an article today saying the 5th gen was a better design LOL. We all know the 5th gen was slower and had a plastic interior.

I was reading one today and many weenies on there say Camaro needs to be all electric to be better on the environment.

The poor visibility gripes about the 5th and 6th gen I totally understand though. However overall the Camaro LT1, SS, and ZL1 out performs the Mustang GT and Challenger in every aspect.

Because brainwashed people parrot what they hear in fake news.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:12 AM   #11
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Beauty is subjective and that's about the only one that I will take as an opinion.

Camaro interior isn't great, but reasonable price, interior, performance, pick two.

I love it when someone brings up the gas mileage on a sports car because that's a quick indicator that I shouldn't waste any more time talking with you.

The EV thing is beaten to death in the forum. Not gonna do it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
The back seats in the Mustang are useless death traps too. Just for insurance purposes and throwing some small stuff back there. I would NEVER sit in the back of one.

I still love the 4th Gen Camaro. Great visibility. The 7th gen if there is one needs to look like a 4th gen.

I didn't buy my previous three Mustangs or my SS for the back seat though.
To be completely fair, the back seat in the Mustang is slightly better than Camaro's, mainly because the front seats in the Mustang have a cut-out in the back that gives the rear passenger some extra legroom. The headroom is also a bit better.

Not that either one of them are suitable for any drives longer than 30 minutes max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i don't know the last time i read a Camaro article. if you're talking about comments under Online articles, they're always garbage.
/thread

YouTube ones are worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post

Your reply brings up a good point: I think a lot of people bash a performance car because of sour grapes. It's bad because I can't have it.

Again, it's like this image:

I am willing to bet 100 bucks that if you give one of those haters or "environmentalists" the key to a Camaro SS, they will yank it out of your hands and proceed to floor the pedal.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:00 AM   #12
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Dollar for dollar the SS and ZL1's are the best bang for the buck. My ZL1 turns heads.

Haters are going to hate.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:50 AM   #13
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I don't see a lot of articles, but I was just reading a thread on the Harley forum I'm on. It was a thread about one of the guys looking for feedback on getting a Challenger or a Camaro. Almost all the replies on that thread were about the Camaro's visibility issues. I'd be willing to be that most of the people responding never even owned or drove a Camaro, simply read that. The only car I'd consider over the Camaro is a C7.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:39 AM   #14
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
It's pretty odd, you read articles like that but when your out driving your camaro it turns heads. Or when your parking almost all the time someone compliments nice car for the most part I just ignore the hated Karen save are planet articles.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote