#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-29-2018, 06:23 PM   #99
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
We've been playing M since 2015, so you have a bit more tenure than us. With that said, it was the largest product launch of our history -- 41 exhausts alone, and then intakes and other products as well -- in one day!

Our SwitchPath™ configuration for the F8X is unlike anything else on the market. Deep, rich tones without rasp typically heard in other configurations, and maintains factory valve integration. Full 3", too
Keep doing what you are doing. Great work!
Old 10-29-2018, 09:00 PM   #100
Jarret

Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1 - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
Hi, everyone!

Let’s take a moment to talk about valve anxiety. It’s common. It’s normal. It’s something with some determination and focus, we can work through, together.

AWE’s 180 Technology was developed as a simple, elegant solution to get rowdy when you want it, but be civil when you don’t. And it works without valves. Check this out:

Rowdy, but :

Bluetooth call approved, note we’re in a drone zone (but there’s no drone).

We developed 180 Technology (which is patent pending, by the way) on European exotics, and when we brought it over to the modern muscle market, it was received ridiculously well. People loved it, and those who have gone 180 Technology have never looked back.

It replaces valves, it’s a straight through design that gives you the sound when you want it, and a perfect cruising, drone-free tone when you are feeling chill. I’ve lived in this car for 6 months, and I never once felt the urge or need to be able to have valving. You don’t need it. Those who have experienced 180 Technology agree, for the Camaro, it’s the cure. Trust us, we’ve been at it for 27 years. Or don’t trust us, and listen to people who have the system! It rocks.
I was part of the NPP discussion either in this thread or the other, does the 180 technology somehow tone down the initial startup (especially a cold start)?

I believe you when you say it works just fine for normal cruising, I believe some of us were concerned about the first start and not having the option to muffle that if needed.
Jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:03 PM   #101
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarret View Post
I was part of the NPP discussion either in this thread or the other, does the 180 technology somehow tone down the initial startup (especially a cold start)?

I believe you when you say it works just fine for normal cruising, I believe some of us were concerned about the first start and not having the option to muffle that if needed.
Cold start is the same blast and you're right most want the valve for the 1st start after that no need for it. I just start with garage door down and when I had valves I always forgot to turn them on when I shut the car down anyway.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:09 PM   #102
Jarret

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Cold start is the same blast and you're right most want the valve for the 1st start after that no need for it. I just start with garage door down and when I had valves I always forgot to turn them on when I shut the car down anyway.
Yeah I forget as well, I don't have a garage to park in and while I have asked next door neighbors if my car bothers them at 11pm and haven't heard any complaints, I don't want to be "that" guy once I go louder.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #103
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
So I wasn't missing something when I couldn't figure out how to turn them to quiet before I started the car eh?

This exhaust sounds really good, I want some more volume, with the only exception being on startup with a kiddo that's been going to bed at 630pm lol
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:33 PM   #104
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
So I wasn't missing something when I couldn't figure out how to turn them to quiet before I started the car eh?

This exhaust sounds really good, I want some more volume, with the only exception being on startup with a kiddo that's been going to bed at 630pm lol
With OEM exhaust, you can turn the ignition on (hold stop start button, no brake pedal) and use the entertainment display to go to Settings > Engine Sound Management > Stealth. Then fire it up. Worked in my Z06 and ZL1 before I got Corsa. Honestly, I never used the valves. Track mode was already so quiet once it was beyond cold start, why would you ever need to put it into stealth unless you're trying to race in the parking lot of the police department...Now for early cold starts, yeah, valves could be helpful. But me I just fire it up and let the freedom ring. My neighbors love me.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:35 PM   #105
Jarret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
With OEM exhaust, you can turn the ignition on (hold stop start button, no brake pedal) and use the entertainment display to go to Settings > Engine Sound Management > Stealth. Then fire it up. Worked in my Z06 and ZL1 before I got Corsa. Honestly, I never used the valves. Track mode was already so quiet once it was beyond cold start, why would you ever need to put it into stealth unless you're trying to race in the parking lot of the police department...Now for early cold starts, yeah, valves could be helpful. But me I just fire it up and let the freedom ring. My neighbors love me.
I believe I tried this just last week and it won't let you into the sound management unless the car is running. Hence having to do it the night before while engine is still on.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:40 PM   #106
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
I believe I tried this just last week and it won't let you into the sound management unless the car is running. Hence having to do it the night before while engine is still on.
Really? I'm 99% certain I did this on my ZL1 before. I for sure did it on my Z06 and have seen others do it...

Hell I think you can even pop it into Snow/Ice mode with the ignition on and it will put it into stealth...
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #107
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Yeah I forget as well, I don't have a garage to park in and while I have asked next door neighbors if my car bothers them at 11pm and haven't heard any complaints, I don't want to be "that" guy once I go louder.
I hear ya... I'm just sort of lucky where my garage sits and my neighbor is almost never home anyway.

I will say AWE nailed it with this exhaust. My only comparison is Corsa that I had on 3 Camaros and this is probably a tad louder with the configuration I have. I can hear the exhaust while cruising in a good way (not drone) where Corsa was dead quiet.

The good thing is I can add resonators or delete cats to go up or down in sound levels. Most others don't offer this. I'll probably add the resonators once I put the headers on.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:58 PM   #108
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
I'm curious if the axle back will work with the Borla 60606 midpipe 2nd cat delete pipe. I may one day want to try the AWE axleback in place on the NPP suitcase if a Black Friday sale comes along. But want to keep my 60606.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:34 AM   #109
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I hear ya... I'm just sort of lucky where my garage sits and my neighbor is almost never home anyway.

I will say AWE nailed it with this exhaust. My only comparison is Corsa that I had on 3 Camaros and this is probably a tad louder with the configuration I have. I can hear the exhaust while cruising in a good way (not drone) where Corsa was dead quiet.

The good thing is I can add resonators or delete cats to go up or down in sound levels. Most others don't offer this. I'll probably add the resonators once I put the headers on.
Mlee, you’re running the touring edition non resonated without performance link pipes?

When you say a tad louder than the Corsa, do you mean from the cabin or from the exterior? Trying to grasp a comparison in terms of loudness to figure out which route to go. It’s hard to get a comparison from videos.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:43 AM   #110
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
I'm curious if the axle back will work with the Borla 60606 midpipe 2nd cat delete pipe. I may one day want to try the AWE axleback in place on the NPP suitcase if a Black Friday sale comes along. But want to keep my 60606.
Im interested in the answer to this question as well.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #111
Hellobatman

Drives: 2017 Ford F250, 2019 Lincoln Navi
Quote:
Originally Posted by staples87 View Post
I could imagine! Are you running a catless setup? My concern is more so tone/rasp more than the loudness.

I am catless, and the tone is there. Much deeper, better sounding than my stock can. There is a bit of rasp but only in the low end. Still working on the video....
Old 11-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #112
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
If the cutting point is in the same spot, they should work with one another.
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote