Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-19-2018, 08:47 AM   #1471
Doin It For Dale

Drives: Bald Eagle,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I think it's a 1LE, considering the spoiler, brakes, and wheels. I wonder how much faster it will be compared to the 17/18 SS 1LE. The new aero could be beneficial on long straights, and the cooling has obviously improved. It would be cool to see a Supercar 3 R tire option and a lighter, more aggressive seat option like that Corvette competition seats.
Doin It For Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #1472
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
It may not have the sales volume, but the Corvette is very high profit item for GM.
And that’s not even counting the Camaros (and other vehicles) sold to people who come in to look at a Corvette. Several members of our Camaro Club have a Cruze (me and several others) Volt (me and one or two others) Colorado, Malibu, or Silverado that they drive when not driving the Camaro. Those could easily be Focuses, Fusions, F150s and Escapes.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #1473
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I don't think they should make the Camaro an everyday car and its not a family car, as much as some people want it to be its not . I don't think it was ever meant to be either .
No it's not a family car, but if you compare it to the other cars in it's class it is lacking in everyday usability. Believe it or not there are people that would have to daily drive the car, maybe stuff kids in it.

Quote:
I don't think the customer base is worth the compromise , mom and dad is not going food shopping with 2 kids then bring home 8 bags of groceries in a Camaro when there are 45 other crossovers and suvs on the market nowadays. Camaro works best as a second car/weekend car and they should build on that . Great picture of that 70 Camaro , i always loved that front chrome bumper on the non RS version.
Again there are people that will use the car to do both. Take me as an example, wife has an SUV and I will be in the market for a new vehicle soon.
Got kid #1 on the way. In theory I could get a Camaro since the wife has the big suv. Here is my problem though, I don't want to always be forced to take her car to do everything with the kid. I am an active person in the summer, I play softball, I play golf and sometimes I have to pick up teammates friends. That means bat bags, golf bags and other gear got to go in the car. Those are some areas where the Mustang and Challenger over clear advantages over the Camaro. No one is saying make it a family hauler but I think they could in the 7th gen try to make it a bit more liveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Comparing a boring 4-door sedan with some american muscle

If you need space for your kids or a perfect visiblity don't buy a sportscar. I love that Chevy went all in for taking the best out of the muscle car and sportscar world.
So your saying they should just say screw you to people that might need to haul kids or have some usability in their car? Great strategy lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #1474

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Chevy's top of the line 4-door Sedan....I give you the Impala Premier (mine of course)...lol....I love this car, got it on the 20% off MSRP, plus a little more off from the dealer....@31K....
It's nice, but I would never suggest the Camaro needs to, or should go this route...Camaro is in the garage...lol

Name:  impala4.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  169.0 KB

BTW, Buick and Cadillac will have a higher-end, better appointed interior....but at a much higher price....Chevy and Camaro will never get top, hi-end interiors at any price....That would upset the pecking order of Cadillac, then Buick, then Chevy....No change in sight for that policy from GM....Competing with pricier Euro-brands with luxury interiors will never be in the cards for Camaro...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #1475
SILVER BULLET RS

Drives: 2012 Black Synergy Camaro SS
I have to agree with the camaro6 member Cgocifer , the new SS front fascia resembles very much the 1970 split bumper design. I was thinking that last night as I was looking at the 2019 silver SS walk around video posted a few days ago, and now that Cgocifer put up the photo of the 1970 silver Camaro you can see where the design engineers were going with the 2019 SS! It all makes sense now with the 1970 style Camaro flag emblem on the fender. HAHA!! I am really liking the new design more and more everyday. Camaro #1
SILVER BULLET RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:47 AM   #1476
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Wow that looks awesome, and yes the black on the front bumper looks satin, hmmm. Love the blacked out bowtie! That will be a must. Plastidip maybe??
Still planning on getting a '19 SS 1LE, hoping the price doesnt go yup.

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #1477
T_B

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
When I see a Guiia I see a design from an eight year old BMW , just like the Kia Stinger , nothing new .
The 5th Gen was designed from a car that’s been around for over 40 years , it’s easy to design the past it’s hard to design for the future, that’s where Camaro is now and that’s hard for a lot of people to wrap there head around. What you see in the refresh Camaro you will start seeing in other cars , including the new Mustang GT500 , Like it not

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Agreed. But the Alfa front end is one of the ugliest in the industry.
Agreed.

And gain, i'm amazed that it's being compared to the Camaro here.
T_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #1478
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Wow I am liking that look, especially with that blacked out bowtie:
(Screenshot from youtube video that was posted)

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #1479
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Yeah, the blacked out bow tie makes a huge difference. The bow tie placement just ruins the front end.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #1480
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Maybe a can of plastidip will be an lpo?
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #1481
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLET RS View Post
I have to agree with the camaro6 member Cgocifer , the new SS front fascia resembles very much the 1970 split bumper design. I was thinking that last night as I was looking at the 2019 silver SS walk around video posted a few days ago, and now that Cgocifer put up the photo of the 1970 silver Camaro you can see where the design engineers were going with the 2019 SS! It all makes sense now with the 1970 style Camaro flag emblem on the fender. HAHA!! I am really liking the new design more and more everyday. Camaro #1
Took me 109 pages to see that possible reason for the "fingers". Doesn't make me like it more, but no I understand.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #1482
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
Wow I am liking that look, especially with that blacked out bowtie:
(Screenshot from youtube video that was posted)
Notice the white horizontal lines below the fingers as well?

GM responding to criticism?
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #1483
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Notice the white horizontal lines below the fingers as well?

GM responding to criticism?
I was thinking the same myself. Looks different then the past few we have seen here. Maybe a SS 1LE feature? I like this look better gives it a little more definition.
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #1484
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doin It For Dale View Post
I think it's a 1LE, considering the spoiler, brakes, and wheels. I wonder how much faster it will be compared to the 17/18 SS 1LE. The new aero could be beneficial on long straights, and the cooling has obviously improved. It would be cool to see a Supercar 3 R tire option and a lighter, more aggressive seat option like that Corvette competition seats.
1LE Recaros are one of the best in the biz and much better than Corvette Competition seats. The latter have almost zero seat bolster support due to a much narrower space in the Vette. They look good but dont really privide sufficient support as a track seat.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!