#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
My '16 2.0T "build" and random testing.

I figured I would make a post here to document all the crap I do to my own car rather than cluttering up the 2.0T section of the forum.

I bought my 2016 1LT RS 2.0t A8 in June of 16. NGM, black wheels, and the technology package.

With a ghetto drag wheel setup to shed some weight from the car, a light weight battery, rear seat removed, I managed to run a 13.462 @ 100.65 mph, stock engine, stock tune...

And then the season came to a close for the year, so there was not much point in trying to make the car any faster for the winter months...

I obviously have big plans to make lots of my own parts, but I realize that sometimes you just gotta buy what's available when time doesn't permit to make your own... Then come back to making your own and sell the stuff you bought. You know how it goes...

So over the winter I've just been collecting parts and pieces of things I'll have to finish. All of this stuff will be going on within the next month or two and then I'll hit the track again for some fun.

So far the only parts I have on the car are:

•72mm throttle body w/ 3" charge pipe, built by myself.

Parts I've acquired that I have not installed yet are:

•TRS-Fab catless down pipe (this was given to me). I will finish my own at some point and swap them out.

•TurboBay "special" turbo (has a 72mm compressor wheel, one of two that were made this way)

•Front Mount Intercooler (I bought a universal FMIC from Mishimoto, you know for that lifetime warranty, I'll have to sort out the mounting brackets and piping. This will ultimately become an "intercooler piping/mounting kit" that I will offer to the public. The end user would then buy the Mishimoto intercooler to get that Lifetime Warranty that they offer)

•Extrude Honed exhaust manifold

•Snow Performance Stage II Water/Meth injection kit

•LSD differential w/ axles from a manual transmission car

•Mishimoto cold air intake (on the way)

And that will probably be all the mods that will be installed this spring/summer, and I will continue to upgrade my parts pile and projects late summer through next spring...

Future mods/ideas are:
-2.3 Stroker kit (I've been working on this for a little while, have crank and pistons sorted out, need to get a final measurement on rods and have forged rods made.)

-Sheetmetal intake manifold w/ built in Laminova core A2W intercooler (shit can all the extra piping and FMIC and go for the shortest air path possible)

-Cams (already in the works, I have a set to try but I need to have the fuel lobe reground)

-Valve springs (again, already working on this project)

-Bigger turbo? (probably once I max out the turbo bay turbo, I'll look into a larger EFR turbo)

-Tubular Ex. Header

As I mentioned, I'll probably remake a lot of the parts that I've purchased if I can, because I like to do stupid crap like that. But only when time permits.

Anyway, stay tuned for some 12 second runs, or maybe better, to come this summer...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
Jason@JacFab

Reserved #1
Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
Jason@JacFab

Reserved #2
Old 05-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #4
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Subscribed! Love all the original ideas and custom work your do to your ride.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Agreed..^^^^^^^^..

Nice color combo also..!

I can not wait to see the LSD swap..!!! Among others.. As it stands, what will be your fuel choice?

Pretty limited on fuel choice here, the closest e85 station is about 2.5-3 hrs away, and buying it t by the barrel isn't exactly convenient. I'll just be sticking with 91/92 octane pump gas and adding the water/meth injection. At some point after the tune is dialed in I'll play with adding nitromethane into the meth injection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Excellent... This might spur me on to update my thread; this is awesome you have 'confirmed' the new manifold with integrated intercooler; guess who wants to be the first guy to get one
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #7
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Pretty limited on fuel choice here, the closest e85 station is about 2.5-3 hrs away, and buying it t by the barrel isn't exactly convenient. I'll just be sticking with 91/92 octane pump gas and adding the water/meth injection. At some point after the tune is dialed in I'll play with adding nitromethane into the meth injection.

Sticking with 91 for daily duty also... No e85 up here
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #8
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Does that Snow meth/water kit require a tune? Or can you run it without one? I don't want to touch my ecu yet until the warranty is up.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Does that Snow meth/water kit require a tune? Or can you run it without one? I don't want to touch my ecu yet until the warranty is up.

I honestly couldn't tell you. My buddy that is helping me with the tuning says it will because the meth will richen the AF mixture and we will have to modify the tune to lean it back out. But I know the nitromethane carries more oxygen and it should lean it back out, but that's yet to be seen and I can't say that I would recommend nitromethane for street use and it's not exactly cheap.

I'd venture to say that if you aren't going to at least tune it to add more timing to actually take advantage of the cooling effects, it's probably not worth investing in a water/meth injection kit.