Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Guide: Touch-less Car Wash with Clarity1 Sano Suds

Now this guide outlines how to watch the car using a touch-less method, but yes I do follow up with product to add additional shine. No ceramic or simple soap wash has proven to provide a shine that that is deep. Ceramics always look good at first, but overtime the pure shine needs a boost.

Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
This will work for a car that had nothing bonded to the paint as stated.

If the car has been driven in the rain, I realize it doesn't rain much where you live, but if someone is in an area that does get rain, this method will not remove all the film.

The reason your glass isn't clean is because it hasn't removed everything off the car. You cant look through the clear coat like you can the glass. So if your glass isn't clean, your paint isn't either.

Using APC to remove bird bombs or bug splatter will work, but it will also remove most waxes and sealants that are on the paint as well. You'll want to apply protection to these areas when your done.

This soap also contains carnauba wax in it. It's been my experience using SI02 products like the Hydro 02 you use, that when covered with wax or glaze, it diminishes the hydrophobic effect.

Since your car is garaged and doesn't get very dirty, I'd recommend you look into rinseless washing. Glen on this forum has a good procedure for it.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #3
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I agree with Joe...Rinseless washes with a good Sio2 product works awesome, before polishing and sealing with a good Sio2 product. Carpro makes some awesome products. No need for a pressure washer, too much work and will never get as clean and glossy as a good rinseless wash using a really good Sio2 product.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Great video! Probably going to get CQuartz this month and the touchless will come in handy.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknightkamaro View Post
Great video! Probably going to get CQuartz this month and the touchless will come in handy.
If your getting CQuartz the shampoo you want is the Carpro Reset.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
If your getting CQuartz the shampoo you want is the Carpro Reset.
Roger, Rodger (ahem, I mean Joe). Thanks!

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #7
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Now this guide outlines how to watch the car using a touch-less method, but yes I do follow up with product to add additional shine. No ceramic or simple soap wash has proven to provide a shine that that is deep. Ceramics always look good at first, but overtime the pure shine needs a boost.

I use carpro reload and it brings the shine and texture perfectly smooth and shiny on my ceramic coatings. Technically carpro advises if your looking to for the shine or deep paint look. I use carpro reset to wash the car with a two bucket wash method. I do not see a way not to actually wash the car to get it properly clean. Now between washes I do enjoy the rain wash to extend my wash intervals.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #8
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
touch less just doesn't work. I've tried tons of different soaps in my foam cannon now, probably around 25 different soaps and none actually work at cleaning a dirty car. If it rains and I have the dirty rain spots all over the car, touch less will do nothing. The only thing I can see touch less working for is if all i have is dust particles. Unfortunately this method won't work for you if you get the car dirty, the only reason it will appear to potentially be clean is because it's a white car.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #9
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
My car does not have to be spotless 24/7. I do touchless washes and then spot wipe the really bad spots gently. Anytime you wipe or scrub, you risk marring the paint.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #10
DougCBJ

touchless just doesn't work, i'll take a video tomorrow of my very dirty car from the ran, not pretty much clean like you see on youtube, and i'll post the results. I'll be using the honeydew wash from chemical guys, you'll see how it basically does nothing to the film.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #11
KirkH

I rinse with a pressure washer. I put 1 oz of rinseless wash concentrate in my foam cannon with the soap. I have Honeydew Snow Foam as well as 30 others. Some are better than others. I foam the car , let it dwell for 5 minutes, then pressure wash rinse. I blow it dry after that it spot dry using McKee's Fast Wax as a drying aid.

I use Tame Tiger touchless brake dust remover. It absolutely is touchless and will get moderately dirty rims clean with just a spray and pressure washer rinse.

It's not for after driving in the salt and snow, but when you just want a pretty clean car to go out in, not go to the car show, touchless is a great way to not swirl up your paint.

And it only rains about 4 times a year where Matt lives anyway.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:28 PM   #12
DougCBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I rinse with a pressure washer. I put 1 oz of rinseless wash concentrate in my foam cannon with the soap. I have Honeydew Snow Foam as well as 30 others. Some are better than others. I foam the car , let it dwell for 5 minutes, then pressure wash rinse. I blow it dry after that it spot dry using McKee's Fast Wax as a drying aid.

I use Tame Tiger touchless brake dust remover. It absolutely is touchless and will get moderately dirty rims clean with just a spray and pressure washer rinse.

It's not for after driving in the salt and snow, but when you just want a pretty clean car to go out in, not go to the car show, touchless is a great way to not swirl up your paint.

And it only rains about 4 times a year where Matt lives anyway.
I'll have to try the rinseless concentrate in there as well, because my car doesn't get clean at all with just the honeydew soap, and it doesn't cling to the car for 5 minutes, about 2 minutes max before it's pretty much fallen off the side completely. I'll have to see now. If it can do a decent job I would absolutely use this method for inbetween washes. Much quicker to use the pressure washer and foam cannon than rinse less.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #13
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
I'll have to try the rinseless concentrate in there as well, because my car doesn't get clean at all with just the honeydew soap, and it doesn't cling to the car for 5 minutes, about 2 minutes max before it's pretty much fallen off the side completely. I'll have to see now. If it can do a decent job I would absolutely use this method for inbetween washes. Much quicker to use the pressure washer and foam cannon than rinse less.
Foam cling can vary big time between different foam cannons, pressure washers, hardness of water and soaps. The longest dwell time I ever got on a review was 12 minutes with Einzett Perls Wash & Wax. Other people said they could hardly get Perls to foam!

I'm not saying it gets totally clean with this method. I still wash with mitts to get the road film and salt, etc. Just not 3x a week like I used to hahaha!

After spending 5 days polishing this car back to 100% paint correction, I am doing whatever I can do avoid swirling it up again!
Old 06-14-2017, 06:03 AM   #14
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've tried a touch less wash a couple times using only CG Honeydew soap, foam canon, pressure washer and dried with blower. It does knock some dirt off off but not enough for me. Last time I tried I followed up with a rinseless wash and saw the dirt on my towels. I concluded that touchless really doesn't work well at all.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote