Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #57
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Here you go.
Some at my local dealership.

Here is one like I built. Over 50 grand
http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14658792.html

Here is a 2SS on the same lot with dual mode. Also has garbage looking "premium wheels".
It's $46,000

http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14792504.html

And one more 2SS on the same lot. Again mid $40,000

http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14680778.html

So after gap, any extended warranty tax, title and license, you we looking at close to or over 50 grand for these 2SS cars, which again I say, isn't affordable to a sizable part of the target demographic. Not being a hater here, just being honest.

Oh and when I see the 2017 V8 1Le at "41-42" like someone posted above, I'll eat crow. I'll bet it's much higher.
I can't believe how ridiculous, and thoughtless your posts on price are...you just don't get it, or you are a complete troll.

How in the world you think a 2SS isn't chalked up full of features right from the beginning...is beyond me. It certainly comes with considerably more than a 5th gen 2SS...that I'll say.

Have you gone to the Ford website and priced out a GT premium with all the features and extra add ons?? It will be upper 40s to 50K as well.

Oh by the way....Just so we can compare apples to apples

PLEASE by all means, go to Chevrolet.com website and build a 5th gen 2SS, with NPP, optional 6piston brakes, RS package (standard on 6th gen), and ground effects package...the same thing you are doing on the 6th gen. What do you get?? $47,205. Oh My God...the 5th gen is overpriced...and we didn't even know it!!!!!!!!!

:thumb down:

By the way...I said the 1LE will come in around 42 - 44K (not 41 - 42). When it does, I'll be sure to come back and feed you your crow.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #58
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc212121 View Post
No one here cares for pictures of Camaro window stickers on your dealers lot, you should spend your time doing something constructive....

Its clear you're simply here to justify your purchase of a 2015 in your "closed" mind. You're comments, justifications, pricing statements, and overall attitude is very transparent. Be happy you got your 2015, enjoy your car, and have fun in the 5th gen forums, mods are banning members pitting 5th and 6th gens against each other in these childish posts, and hope they see this thread and get rid of the nonsense.
I'm not trying to pit anyone against anyone. Hell I like the 6th gens. Most of you guys don't handle any negative criticism of these 6th gen cars well at all, and your reply here trying to get me kicked is just more of the same.

Every time anything negative is said, you all pile on.

Again, I LIIKE the car. i just think it's priced wrong. Sales figures will tell who is wrong or right.

Last edited by HogsFan75; 03-16-2016 at 01:22 PM.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #59
HogsFan75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Seriously you should start warning and suspending people complaining about price - how many threads do we need with "when I click every option box (they leave that part out though) the car is too expensive."

annoyed to death trying to reason with these people.

I have an idea for all you that think it's too expensive....

DON'T BUY ONE!
I'm replying to the original poster who asked if the car is too high. You saw the thread and read it. Don't blame me for giving my opinion. And trying to get me suspended for saying I think a car is too high is laughable. Seriously, some of you need to stop being so thin skinned when anyone says anything negative about a 6th gen.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #60
HogsFan75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Will we start banning people who complain about the quality too?

The reason why there are so many posts by so many people is because it's a legitimate concern of people. Just banning and deleting posts reeks of fanboy conspiracy/coverup.
Exactly what I said in my last two replies.
The OP asked if it was too high, and I had the audacity to say yes and immediately got jumped on and people calling to ban me.

Funny thing is I even like the 6th gens for the most part.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #61
HogsFan75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I can't believe how ridiculous, and thoughtless your posts on price are...you just don't get it, or you are a complete troll.

How in the world you think a 2SS isn't chalked up full of features right from the beginning...is beyond me. It certainly comes with considerably more than a 5th gen 2SS...that I'll say.

Have you gone to the Ford website and priced out a GT premium with all the features and extra add ons?? It will be upper 40s to 50K as well.

Oh by the way....Just so we can compare apples to apples

PLEASE by all means, go to Chevrolet.com website and build a 5th gen 2SS, with NPP, optional 6piston brakes, RS package (standard on 6th gen), and ground effects package...the same thing you are doing on the 6th gen. What do you get?? $47,205. Oh My God...the 5th gen is overpriced...and we didn't even know it!!!!!!!!!

:thumb down:

By the way...I said the 1LE will come in around 42 - 44K (not 41 - 42). When it does, I'll be sure to come back and feed you your crow.
You do realize this is a 2SS you are paying mid 40's for right? It's not a 1LE, a ZL1 or a Z28.

You also realize you can get a base gt350 for this price?

That's all I'm saying about this. I posted my opinion and you don't have to like it.

Besides, the zl1 is announced. Can't we all just get along?
Old 03-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #62
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
I'm not trying to pit anyone against anyone. Hell I like the 6th gens. This is what is missing in this camaro6 forum. Most of you guys don't handle any negative criticism of these 6th gen cars well at all, and your reply here trying to get me kicked is just more of the same.

Every time anything negative is said, you all pile on.

Again, I LIIKE the car. i just think it's priced wrong. Sales figures will tell who is wrong or right.
Ive been around these forums since 09. You will get piled on when you continue to pile on inaccurate information. This forum is no different than C5 in that regard. In reality it's exactly the same as C5. We are just focusing on a different generation. Spew inaccuracies on C5 and see what happens. Especially in the Z/28 forums. If your information was correct there would be nothing to argue. Your own post and "facts" contradict each other. Is the car more expensive then preious years? Of course. No one is arguing that. The Gen5 car had gone up in price every year too. It's just not as you claim. I prooved to you that bare bone is not 46K as you calimed. Hell you prooved it yourself with the links you posted. Lol

This is beating a dead horse.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #63
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
You do realize this is a 2SS you are paying mid 40's for right? It's not a 1LE, a ZL1 or a Z28.
The 2SS is nearly as fast as last generation's 1LE around a track, and it provide better driver engagement/performance value than an 80,000 M4.

Quote:
No you can't, that car starts at $50,000. Before dealer markups...and the base GT350 has virtually no content besides the new engine.

Plus, the base model will not survive in the environment is was intended for: the track. No word yet on the price of the 2017 model with supposedly standard coolers/track equipment.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #64
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Who complained about price?? A simple question was port forth, if it offends you don't read it.

The thread is titled "prices too high?"...LOL

and if you've been here regularly at all over the last 9 months, you'd know what i'm talking about.

It's all good, I was actually just using hyperbole to illustrate my frustration with those who keep complaining about price and comparing apples to oranges.

Chime on everyone.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:02 PM   #65
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The 2SS is nearly as fast as last generation's 1LE around a track, and it provide better driver engagement/performance value than an 80,000 M4.

No you can't, that car starts at $50,000. Before dealer markups...and the base GT350 has virtually no content besides the new engine.

Plus, the base model will not survive in the environment is was intended for: the track. No word yet on the price of the 2017 model with supposedly standard coolers/track equipment.
Erm...

The base 2015/2016 GT350 has the same engine, transmission gearing, rear end, brakes, tires, and body structure as the track pack. It lacks the coolers and MRC of the track pack and some of the aero.

It doesn't have the comfort and tech bits of the Tech Pack, nor the MRC.

However it is true that if you're planning on tracking a 2016 GT350 you're going to need the Track Pack OR wait for an aftermarket solution on the coolers.

To say that a base GT350 is just the engine isn't correct.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #66
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:

That's all I'm saying about this. I posted my opinion and you don't have to like it.

Besides, the zl1 is announced. Can't we all just get along?
You get A LOT more with the 6th gen 2SS than you did with the 5th gen 2SS. A LOT. You're paying for a better and faster car. The interior is a lot better. I'm not just talking out my ass. The consensus is the interior has been greatly improved. Materials are simply better. I had my 5th gen for nearly 5 years. That alone is worth the difference to me in a price comparison between a 5th gen 2SS and a 6th gen 2SS. What I like that isn't available on the 5th gen 2SS.
  • Better HUD (color HUD, at least better than the 2010-2011 model)
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Air Cooled Seats
  • Better Lighting Accents
  • Better MyLink (capacitive touch)
  • Better Gauge Cluster
  • Better Leather seats and trim
  • Steering wheel is way better (especially from 2010-2011)
  • Better Audio System (remember all the complaints on the Boston Acoustics System?)
  • Foot well Lighting and LED lighting(my car had none)
  • Backup Camera (well available, but was it standard on the 2SS?)
  • Push button start, keyless entry and keyless trunk

Just some of the small things I can think of off the top of my head.

There are good deals to be had. Out the door I paid $44,000 and some change for my 2SS with an automatic, sunroof, NPP, nav, black wheels, and black bowties. Because I had a trade in and put money down, my out the door price after down payment was around $40,000.

I'm not trying to convince you that the 2SS is an AWESOME EPIC DEAL. But you do get quality components that simply weren't available on the 5th gen or weren't as well executed. If you want an awesome epic deal, buy used. Used car prices make all these arguments invalid.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #67
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:26 PM   #68
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
Here it is in a nutshell-you wanna play?-you gotta pay!You WILL always pay more for New cutting edge technolgy-Buy the ticket-take the ride-Hunter S thompson.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:30 PM   #69
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The prices will be several thousand dollars less in a matter of six months… Right now there is no inventory pressure at the dealer, meaning he doesn't have enough cars in stock to worry his comptroller, so he holds out for the long ball deal (full or near msrp)
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #70
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
Glen you are right about that.When I bought my v6 a guy was looking at an SS red stick white rally stripes,Took it for a test drive,it was 47k,he really liked it.I said are you going to buy it?He said no and left. i think price is a big thing to a lot of people50k for a camaro is a lot-but how do you want to roll? with the big boys? well then.....
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote