Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #183
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Have you seen Mustang sells for Feb. Vs. Camaro? They are buying Mustangs.
Maybe it's time for the rental companies to be buying their 6 cylinder summer convertible fleet.

Last edited by Modshack; 03-18-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #184
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
If I had a dollar for every female driven red Mustang that I see on the road....(sorry ladies, don't mean to generalize but darn, it is true around these parts, lol)

I am more than OK with not seeing 20 Camaro's on the road every day, as was stated earlier, GM may not need to rely strictly on outselling Mustangs to be profitable and successful.

If Ford wants to compete with the Camaro, the stakes have been raised and they are going to have improve stuff like the interior quality and performance & handling and then guess what? You are going to see their prices get bumped up too and everyone will be complaining on the Mustang forums.
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #185
G8rGrl

Drives: My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Yes they are too high. The SS models anyway. I priced out a loaded 2SS 6th gen on Chevy.com. Brembo (front only brakes), ground effects, dual mode etc etc and the MSRP was over $50,000 before dealer markup.

I checked my local Chevy dealer and they have some bare bones SS 6th gens on the lot and the cheapest is around $46,000.
I don't care how much "better" the car is than the previous gen, Chevy has made it too expensive for a significant portion of Americans. Also there seem to be a lot of little issues with this being the first year of the 6th gen and all.

I ended up buying a 2015 1LE from my dealer last month instead of the 6th gen. It had 2SS, RS, Dual Mode etc and paid $39,000 out the door. I can't even imagine what the 2017 1LE is going to cost. My bet is 55-60 grand. Wait and see.
What dealer markup? So far I haven't seen any dealers in my area marking up the price of the Camaro.
G8rGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:28 PM   #186
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH3688 View Post
dumbest thing I ever heard.
Depends on your timeframe, friend.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #187
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Prices are fine to me until the tax hits in crazy states. I really, really hate the high sales tax. Makes the whole thing harder to swallow, even if it's worth it
Agreed! In CA depending on the county you can pay anywhere from 8-10% in taxes on a car.
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:56 PM   #188
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Did you read my post?

Just the fact that the Mustang is pushing more cars out the door doesn't necessarily mean the Camaro is selling "poorly". Of course it would be great if they were selling consistently more month-to-month. But we don't know what Camaro Team's target sales figures are.

If you're going to point out February, it's also worth nothing then that the Camaro sold more units than Mustang in January.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:30 PM   #189
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

If you're going to point out February, it's also worth nothing then that the Camaro sold more units than Mustang in January.
That would be cool if it did but not even close. Mustang sold roughly 2,000 more than Camaro in January as per Enator's thread.

Infact, the Camaro hasn't out sold the Mustang since October of 2014.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #190
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That would be cool if it did but not even close. Mustang sold roughly 2,000 more than Camaro in January as per Enator's thread.
You're right. I misspoke....crossing thoughts, it's very late and I'm tired. My mistake.

January was the best sales month for Camaro since 1999, per Chevrolet. That's what I meant to say.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:38 PM   #191
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
You're right. I misspoke....crossing thoughts, it's very late and I'm tired. My mistake.

January was the best sales month for Camaro since 1999, per Chevrolet. That's what I meant to say.
It doesn't really matter. I belive the Gen6 will do just fine. I know just in the little hick town I live in that the ZL1 news is making waves and stiring up emontion for the gen6 car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:40 PM   #192
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It doesn't really matter. I belive the Gen6 will do just fine. I know just in the little hick town I live in that the ZL1 news is making waves and stiring up emontion for the gen6 car.
It's funny, I saw the first 6th-gen in our town today.....towards the end of winter. I never see nice cars until late April or May around here. And I didn't see a 5th gen until 2010.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:41 PM   #193
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Then the buyer isn't very "informed", now is he? Mustang GT and Camaro SS are within $500 to $1000 of each other when equipped similarly.
Which model are you talking about? The LT's are wildly more expensive than the V6 Mustang equivalent.

The 6th Gen 1SS starts at what a 5th Gen 2SS started at.

No, it's more like $6,000-8,000 more than a similarly equipped GT - 6K for the SS's and 8K for the V6's.

Quote:
Now, if buyer 'A' has no desire for much of anything outside of a big engine and cool style, then he/she can get into a Mustang for less, this is true.
This makes no sense.

Quote:
0 performance increase?
Yes. Zero. The 5th Gen actually has a roomier interior and a larger trunk, so for normal driving on roads filled with other drivers, it may be an overall downgrade.

Quote:
No more than 10% increase in price of cars...and much of that is due to increased standard content (some of which were options on 5th gen).
The increase is more than double digits. Recheck your math.

Quote:
$22,000 is an inaccurate price quote as it stands, but also doesn't include anything else, like destination charges, etc....and you're comparing that to $30,000 after taxes to make you're point?
I can get a brand new black 2015 LS right next to my house for $19,500. It includes everything but taxes and dealer fees, which are usually $300.

Quote:
Please correct me if wrong, but it seems to me you're skewing reality quite a bit to try and prove this point...
Actually, you're skewing. I'm behind honest and speaking objectively, not as a GM loyalist. GM dropped the ball big time, and they'll pay the penalty with lousy sales unless they start offering major discounts.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:41 PM   #194
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
The price difference on the chevy site between a 2015 1LT and a 2016 1LT with no extra addons is about $3k.
Apples to oranges. The LS was the base model on the 5th Gens. You need to compare the LS with the LT since the LT is the new base model.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:42 PM   #195
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Fail #1: Classifying this car as an investment or assuming other people are doing the same.

Really tired of hearing this.
Fail. Every single thing you ever buy is an investment, period. When you transfer your time and/or money for a product or service, you are investing in it. A vehicle is an investment by every possible definition.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:58 PM   #196
BlkCamaroVert

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99 Vert IO Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc212121 View Post
No one here cares for pictures of Camaro window stickers on your dealers lot, you should spend your time doing something constructive....
No one? Don't speak for other people. Speak for yourself.
BlkCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote