Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 12-30-2020, 05:10 PM   #1
Kxng Cody

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Headers

So to my understanding i have an x pipe by borla ( https://www.lmperformance.com/828520...-ss-v8-62.html )
and i was looking at the the size of the pipe and its 2.75 inches and i was wondering if these headers will fit with a 3" https://www.texas-speed.com/p-6846-t...ess-steel.aspx
Also i heard the 2" headers are a tight squeeze so if any one knows the differences between the 1 7/8" please say.

Last question and when they say catted connection is that high flow cats they give you or just regular cats.
Kxng Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
SS_1LE

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Im not sure on the TSP headers but, my ARH 2" I installed two days ago had plenty of clearance all around. As for the catted connection, typically that means hi flow cats, in regards to connecting to your existing Mid-Pipes, it will require some modification of some sort. The ones I have seen have needed a small piece of pipe to merge the two. Unless its a matching set like ARH or Kooks, or Corsa.
SS_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 05:57 PM   #3
Kxng Cody

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_1LE View Post
Im not sure on the TSP headers but, my ARH 2" I installed two days ago had plenty of clearance all around. As for the catted connection, typically that means hi flow cats, in regards to connecting to your existing Mid-Pipes, it will require some modification of some sort. The ones I have seen have needed a small piece of pipe to merge the two. Unless its a matching set like ARH or Kooks, or Corsa.
thanks for the response what do you prefer kooks, tsp, or ARH (never heard of them)
Kxng Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:08 PM   #4
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
kooks makes headers with high flow cats on them. im looking to get them with my borla x-pipe and atk.

https://www.phastekperformance.com/K...headers-02.htm

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:50 AM   #5
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I'm pretty sure that the cats supplied with all aftermarket headers are referred to as "high flow" cats. You can upgrade to green or GESI converters for a couple hundred bucks. The GESIs don't flow any better, but they can withstand more heat.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:29 PM   #6
SS_1LE

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxng Cody View Post
thanks for the response what do you prefer kooks, tsp, or ARH (never heard of them)
I personally like ARH or kooks, I’ve used them on several cars in the past and the fitment and quality has always been top notch. I’ve never ran TSP but for the price they seem like a good bang for your buck. I think budget would determine which to go with. Some don’t want to spend the extra money for kooks or ARH which is fine, I doubt you would notice much difference or any at all in performance between the two if headers is all you added.

I went with ARH because of their long system and because I’ve use them on my past 4 vehicles and not once did I have any issues with them.
SS_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote