Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-27-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Supercharger trunk tank and chiller Install

First off is relocation of the modules in the trunk. The carpet removal is pretty straight forward so I will not go into that.

1. Unbolt the modules and unattach the harnesses

2. Install a stud into the upper brace hole on the drivers side rear qtr panel brace. Just bolts, washers, and flanged lock nuts is all thats needed to hold the module. (The larger module holes actually line up perfectly with the brace by placing the module at an angle however you may want to mount the module to sheet metal to secure the module better, then attach the panel w the module to the brace.) I just attached the module at an angle.

3. The passenger side is a pain in the ass because the wire harness has either the back up camera or the air bag sensors wires with the same harnessas as the fuse box. The idea is to route it with no cutting and no cables pulled to tight. (And to be able to ck or replace fuses) I found the best thing was to mount the fuse box with a L bracket made from scrap metal I had laying around to the brace on the 1/4 panel vs some people mounting on the angle of the wheel well tubs with self tappers The small box on the end of the cable with the fuse box will be mounted directly above the fuse box or upside down on the some bracing on the top of the trunk. Again studs will be used to mount components making them easy to R & R if need be.

This is all done with no drilling no cabel cutting or self tappers.

Next week I'll go over the trunk reservoir install ( pump install and hose routing)
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:27 AM   #2
RabbitZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
thanks for the pics. i actually want to redo mine .
RabbitZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 01:23 PM   #3
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Nice work! I’m looking forward to the rest of the install
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 01:36 PM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Thanks guys I took a little detour and I'm adding some sound deadening mat first. I know it adds weight but my freaking exhaust is so loud I can't stand it any more hopefully it will knock down the Toyo noise aswell.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 01-05-2021, 12:25 PM   #5
ArthurJGuy

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Very interested in this, please keep the updates coming.

FB | IG | YT
ArthurJGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:09 PM   #6
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Will do ill be back on the tank install this weekend

Old 01-06-2021, 08:34 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Cool stuff!!! Thanks for sharing. Following...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:59 PM   #8
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Cool thread. Keep it going
Old 01-08-2021, 11:57 AM   #9
ArthurJGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Will do ill be back on the tank install this weekend
Could you provide the sizes/lengths/thread pitch of the bolts/studs you used to relocate the components? I'm going to to start on the relocation this weekend as well.

Thanks.

FB | IG | YT
Old 01-09-2021, 08:02 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Thanks guys I took a little detour and I'm adding some sound deadening mat first. I know it adds weight but my freaking exhaust is so loud I can't stand it any more hopefully it will knock down the Toyo noise aswell.
It is common, people initially think it is a great Idea to select aftermarket exhaust and tires.

Initially Wow this sounds amazing, you should buy it, Tires are awesome I don't mind the noise.

Months Later, I want to jump out of my car at 70 mph LOL

Moral of the story, have faith in our engineers that designed our cars.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #11
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy View Post
Could you provide the sizes/lengths/thread pitch of the bolts/studs you used to relocate the components? I'm going to to start on the relocation this weekend as well.

Thanks.
Big module top bolt flange bolt threaded all the way M10 x 50mm and 2 flange nuts lower bolt M8 x 30 and 1 flange nut.

M8 x 40 for module upside down and the module on the bracket all M6s x 30

Old 01-09-2021, 11:35 AM   #12
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I doubt I'll do much this weekend still trying to figure out bosses pathfinder taking up the lift. Keeps blowing the TCM fuse done fluid flush and new TCM, then TCM and valve body with solenoids. Must have a bad ECU or harness. U1000 code.

Good news is I got my grommets and tank in.. I had a custom tank with a intercooler brick inside it. I was going to just add ice and water over the brick vs having ice circulate and contaminate my brick in blower from minerals in the 🧊. So its for sale lol. I got a universal tank at summit for 219.00 w 5 off using the app. The PNR tank is 200 but I was worried the fitting going to the pump was mounted to high so the I went with the Rhodes Racing tank.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2021, 06:00 PM   #13
ArthurJGuy

Is that tank going to fit under the trunk carpet? If not, are you planning on selling it?

FB | IG | YT
Old 01-09-2021, 08:28 PM   #14
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

This tank?

Its for sale it measures 24x14x10. I didn't customize this one to fit under the carpet so I could put plenty of ice and water or dry ice even on top of the core. Has 2x 1 inch NPT and 1/2 npt drain. Has a bell or afco core can't remember what outlaw used. Has some water spots or stains from a laundry soap splashing on it not to bad could be cleaned I guess.

I asked about a custom tank that fits under the carpet and it would of taken a 110.00 lid to guarantee no leakage. Plus I'm trying to keep the build cost down. a custom tank from Outlaw racetrack was 385 plus 90 to ship and the lid was another 110. WeaponX told me he wouldn't sale me a tank with out a pump. I all ready have the stewart reprogrammed pump. Wasn't about to pay 800. Plus my golf clubs don't even fit tank or not so its not a big deal about carpet. I'm gonna make it look as good as possible.
Attached Images